UC Comfort in Action (Video FINALLY)

This is a discussion on UC Comfort in Action (Video FINALLY) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; That is awsome. I have said time and time again that I am a proponent of the type of carry, that happens to use UC ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: UC Comfort in Action (Video FINALLY)

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    That is awsome. I have said time and time again that I am a proponent of the type of carry, that happens to use UC Comfort. I have taken a look at Bart's design and in my personal experience of making and using them, I had two things that worried me about daily use. Its durability due to the use of mesh, it being elastic enough to keep the shirt very snug (critical to preventing weapon sloshing) and the thin shoulder straps not supporting the weight. I am preparing a review of the different types of t-shirt holsters, and since I don't have personal experience with his rig, I will contact him and ask him if he would like to provide one for evaluation.

I am impressed with UC Comforts products, enough so that I stopped making the ones I did, because his were of better quality and lasted longer (one of mine I made for a fellow agent five years ago has finally given up the ghost after daily wear and she's ordering a UC Comfort). That does not mean that other rigs wont work or wont be better for you.

In the end, I'm just glad folks are getting the exposure to another option when it comes to concealing weapons in a business environment.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

2. Remove Ads

All those weapons comfortably hidden...but personally, if you approached me with that mask and those sunglasses on...I would be getting pretty suspicious rather quickly...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If you see me in that mask, you'd better have your hands ontop of your head and heading face down, LOL. That mask is for very ugly days and I pray it never has to be used, and it will be on all the news and I do NOT look good on television.
    Steve

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Steve, another question. Have you worn this under a Polo or similar type of shirt with the tail out? With IWB holsters and these shirts you have to pull up the tail any way.

I rarely use it under a polo type shirt because it really slows down the draw. It can be done, but you have to either rip the shirt out of your pants and way up, or rip open the neck and dig in and pull the weapon out of the small neck hole. It can be done but I just find button up shirts as acceptable and more accessable.
    Steve

Hey, the Hulk proved that even real men can wear pink bunny slippers if they want!

Personally I think his mall ninja badge was showing.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Steve,

A little bit OT, but what's the best way you've found to deal with the extra length on the shirts? My torso isn't quite as long as the shirt. I've doubled it back up, but that gets a bit tight and hot after several hours. Pulling it down puts it over the old "bidonk-a-donk butt....not too comfy either. Al suggested I trim it, but am reluctant to take scissors to a 70 buck shirt.... Tailoring....don't know if the local shop would know what to do with the material either....

Been using per your suggestion now for almost a year. Best product going. Might try a 5.11 shirt for yucks though.

Well I have trimmed shirts in the arm areas (I prefer the 3XH but sleeveless and its not made that way so I trim the sleves off). If you can find someone with a serger type machine then your golden (thankfully I bought my wife one years ago) as it sews, cuts the excess and stitches the edges.

Now with that said, I prefer the extra length as it keeps the shirt from riding up (something the Kramer Confidant does badly) and yes it does take some "adjusting" when you hit the head, LOL.
    Steve

Excellent info ... I'll add my own experience.

I teach at the college level and my employer allows concealed carry as long as the weapon is completely concealed. I started carrying in 2002 and during the 2003 spring semester I had an incident with a student in my cubicle that was turning bad. As a slightly overweight, out of shape, forty-some year old, I was confronted by a very angry 18-20 year old male student of athletic build.

Due to the extremely small cubicle, the exit was blocked by the student standing over me while I sitting. Fortunately, when I reached for the telephone to call security, the student backed off and finally departed as I was requesting security to come remove him.

I was carrying my G27 in a Thunderwear holster at the time, although I had not been carrying on a regular basis due to comfort issues. I always realized that I might need to fight my way to drawing from a deep concealment holster. However, that is a better option than trying to run to the car trunk in the parking lot.

I always carried after that incident and soon found the UC Comfort shirt/holster worked best for me. Unfortunately, I became vey ill and lost a tremendous amount of weight. When I returned to work, my UC Comfort shirts were too small so I tried my other holsters again. I did not regularly carry again until I grew back into my UC Comfort shirt/holsters about a year prior to the Virginia Tech killings.

My story is meant to highlight two things: 1) always carrying whenever possible and 2) find the best compromise between accessibility, concealability and comfort for your situation.

I only carry a handgun, spare mag and small flashlight. I'm considering adding a knife and OC to my "load" as well as some type of "defensive" pen. I have purchased several UC Comfort shirts over the years and wear one daily (then it goes into the dirty laundry basket). At work, I wear untucked sweaters and polo type shirts as well as tucked-in button down shirts (sometimes with sports coats).

I am right handed and carry my handgun under my left arm. During classroom lectures, I simply do not get animated or reach with my left arm too much. My arms help to cover what I carry, although I have to guard against the occasional hug, too. Since I sit alot at work, I've found the shirt/holster to be more accessible than my Thunderwear or strong side belt holsters. I've decided crossdraw and ankle holsters, though probably more accessible, could accidentally become visible.

Although I have personally settled on the UC Comfort shirts, other similar products may work well for others.
    BAD things happen to GOOD people.

Steve,

That's interesting about trimming the sleeves. I've only used the sleeveless version and was thinking about trying one with sleeves.

Why do you prefer the sleeveless version?

Bill
    BAD things happen to GOOD people.

VIP Member
    Glad you caught the problem with the video. It is sad that it is a concern, but clearly it is.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Steve,

Thanks.

I was gonna shoot ya an email, but figured everyone could benefit from your answer.

Have to research the "serger" (singer??) machine thing. Better half has quite the machine, but haven't got checked out on it yet.

Yea, a "little" extra would prevent the ride-up issues, but it's a little excessive. Might try removing the sleeves on the older one to experiment.

A bigger "head" would help the elbow banging thing too.

Thanks for the input.

Based on this, I have ordered a 2XH. I, too, have to wear business/business casual 5-6 days a week. Untucked rarely cuts it.

Now, I just can't wait 'til it arrives.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

WOW, that's a lot off stuff you had tucked in there!! You sorta looked like an insurgent magician in that video.

Sponsor
    Fed, WOW I will be ordering soon! (I'm a firm believer that one option is not enough)
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Steve,

A little bit OT, but what's the best way you've found to deal with the extra length on the shirts? My torso isn't quite as long as the shirt. I've doubled it back up, but that gets a bit tight and hot after several hours. Pulling it down puts it over the old "bidonk-a-donk butt....not too comfy either. Al suggested I trim it, but am reluctant to take scissors to a 70 buck shirt.... Tailoring....don't know if the local shop would know what to do with the material either....

Been using per your suggestion now for almost a year. Best product going. Might try a 5.11 shirt for yucks though.
    I have the 5.11 tee shirt holster and I luvit. Idon't carry all that Fed does, just my M&P40c and an xtra mag. I also only have to resort to it once in a while.
    If you have a distributer available to you go try them on. The medium shirt fits me perfectly... until I holster my pistol. It has too much sag. I had to go down to a small but it holds the gun tight in and immobile.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links