Defensive Carry banner

UC Comfort in Action (Video FINALLY)

27K views 97 replies 38 participants last post by  bzdog 
#1 ·
UC Comfort in action (This post had to be edited...video tomorrow)

Over the past several years there have been those who have called into question the effectiveness my duty carry rig...the UC Comfort 3XH. Well recently after returning from work, my daughter was playing with her digital camera and she mentioned it has a video capablilty. So she shot a short video and as you'll see, it works.

Oh two things. One forgive me but it was a longgggggg day and I was worn out. Two lay off the mask, just accept it isnt for show.

SORRY but I had to remove the video for today. Seems some out there are a little more courious and found information in the video that they shouldnt know. I'll post another video tomorrow night.....maybe an administrator can delete it for me

#89 ·
Would love to order the sleeveless version but this website http://www.undercovercomfort.net/ asks for your credit card number on a unsecure page. :nono:

This page on this site http://www.ucctactical.com/Holsters.html is secure via a paypal pop up but you can't order the sleeveless there. :ticking:

It seems like Al makes a great product but needs to pay some web designer a couple hundred bucks to build a nice website.:stups:

#91 ·
Would love to order the sleeveless version but this website http://www.undercovercomfort.net/ asks for your credit card number on a unsecure page. :nono:

This page on this site http://www.ucctactical.com/Holsters.html is secure via a paypal pop up but you can't order the sleeveless there. :ticking:
I don't think it matters which way you order -- I don't think he has any. I ordered a sleeveless a while back and he wrote back he didn't have any but could fill the order with the sleeved version. I went ahead with the sleeved version and am happy with it.

It seems like Al makes a great product but needs to pay some web designer a couple hundred bucks to build a nice website.:stups:
Agreed. The two web sites, two order systems are confusing and inconsistent. If it hadn't been for Steve's comments on the product I probably wouldn't have ordered.

mmmmm.... Sig taco -yummy! Great idea for the shirt holster.
Thanks. It is working well for me.

-john

#92 ·
Hey fed

Thanks for posting the VID that was great.
Hey...you look mysterious. :yup:..but, I sure do understand why you can't publicly post yer face aside from the fact that you're not very good looking. :rofl:

#93 ·
Hey there dangit.....my Mama thinks I'm cute, so naaaaa. My only hope is that folks can get some information and it help them hide their stuff correctly with comfort, security and access.

Just FYI, I actually am almost done with writing a three part article on "Concealed Carry in a Business Environment" which I'm going to attempt to pitch to a mag (if any of you have personal influence with a editor and would give them a shout) and if that fails, heck I'll just have to post it for free here, LOL.

Ya'al take care and be safe.

#94 ·
I was wondering the same thing that bzdog was worried about. I don't have access to the tools to make my own fix. But with the pics that you posted i wondered if a small premade holster would work. After a short search i found this possible solution. http://www.donhume.com/Products/ProductsPage.cfm?ProductID=35

Do you think that it would work? I'd obviously have to get some J clips to swap out.

#95 ·
You mean use an off the shelf holster to emulate 'the taco'? If you do, I'd suggest you stick with a Kydex holster for a slimmer fit.

And you are still probably going to have to do some trimming. If you look at the first photo in post #87, you can see how much Kydex I've trimmed in front of the trigger guard. This is needed because there is a constriction in the shirt holster. Look at the last photo in post #87. See right before the trigger guard? It is narrow there.

Basically you probably need to trim starting at the beginning of trigger guard to the muzzle as much as you can (flush with the bottom/edge of the firearm).

I'd consider something like the Comp-Tac Pro Undercover. You'd need to break the clip off and cut, but it is well molded and you can see the outlines easily.

You also need to figure out how you are going to secure a clip to the bottom, or otherwise secure the holster in the UCComfort.

FWIW, I had never done any Kydex work before. This post by Luvmy40 was enough to get me through it.

-john

#96 ·
I see what you mean, the pro undercover is much slimmer than the don hume i was looking at. When i get paid next week i have to order a holster shirt. I own a SW MP .40c for carry, it doesn't have an external safety. I would feel completely confortable using a regular holster, but i had misgivings about the shirt.

I'll take a look at both options.

#98 ·
HK P2000SK 9mm V3 taco.

Just got my P2000SK this week. I built a taco the other night and ran into a problem I didn't think about... Too much retention.

The controls on the Sig are very flush. The P2000SK, less so. I made a taco, put it in the shirt and... couldn't draw. Draw was ok while the taco was in your hand, but once you put it in the shirt with the compression of the shirt added, it was like a vice.

I tried the cut-away you see to help, but it wasn't enough. I ended up heating parts and flattening them to reduce retention. Finally got it the draw reasonable.

Interesting side-effect. The cut-out makes it easier to re-holster while in the shirt. Even one handed without looking.

Oh, and the full size, double stack P30 mags stay put in the shirt without the 'j hooks'.

-john

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.