UC Comfort in Action (Video FINALLY) - Page 4

UC Comfort in Action (Video FINALLY)

This is a discussion on UC Comfort in Action (Video FINALLY) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Couple of things. One UC Comfort had their server crash and so if you placed an order and havent heard from them please let me ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: UC Comfort in Action (Video FINALLY)

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Couple of things. One UC Comfort had their server crash and so if you placed an order and havent heard from them please let me know and I'll forward it onto Al.

Also, on the 5.11 shirt, on of the immediate things you feel the difference in is the weight of the shirt material. 5.11 is thinner and does not support the weight of weapons as well (quite frankly none of them do as well). When I was making t-shirt holsters the biggers problem was getting the right material and simply I never did find any. Al at UC Comfort has worked directly with the DuPont company and they make him a material that in my knowledge no one else uses to make t-shirt holsters. Its different than the material he use to use, and has more support than other material out there.

entropy.....a "serger" is a style of sewing maching that cuts and sews at the same time. Dont ask me what fer I just know my wife uses one to do edge work on stuff she sews and had to have one. It also uses four different threads at once (I can barely use a single thread machine without sewing my fingers together). Not likely you'd want to buy a serger just to do one shirt, but a good tailor or semstress should be able to help you.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Steve,

Thanks. My "sewing google-fu" wasn't quite up to snuff, but figured out what you were referring to by asking Mrs. Entropy. I might stop into the local tailor to see if they could help out.

Thanks for the heads up on the 5-11 shirts. I have a distributor nearby, so might stop in to see first hand.

Still can't beat Al's product however.

Assistant Administrator
    a "serger" is a style of sewing maching that cuts and sews at the same time
    If I am right Steve this is also known as an ''overlock'' machine - my wife uses one with her work, and a sharp blade removes surpus material as it goes thru, while leaving a nice finished edge.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

UnderCoverComfort

Quote Originally Posted by robere View Post
    Can someone tell me where to find this rig? I'd like to look at it. I typed in "uc comfort" on google and it didnt some up with it.
    go to http://www.undercovercomfort.com/UCCHolsters.html

Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig View Post
    Ok we talked about it and I finally found a few minutes after a early morning workout to do this thing. So here it is. First off I have to SCREAM koodos and thanks to my lovely 11yo who not only was a teriffic alarm clock this morning (0530 comes early) to wake me up AND to run with me. After all was said and done, instead of watching cartoons (or some other Disney channel thing) she volunteered to shoot this video, under the promiss that I'd take her shooting or fishing on my next day off. So here ya go, without further ado here is the link. http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x...CComfort-1.flv

Oh incase you missed it, I will list the stuff presented.
    1ea Sig 229
    2ea Sig 229 magazines
    1ea expandable batton
    1ea Spyderco knife
    1ea Surefire Executive flashlight
    1ea pair of titanium hinged handcuffs
    1ea tube of OC Spray

Now to think that for most of you, it would simply be a weapon, extra magazine, knife, flashlight and if your legally allowed a small can of OC spray. I do it daily and very comfortably. Oh and I must say this, I do NOT receive anything for my opinions on UC Comfort products. I occasionally receive items to test but I return them to Al when I finish my reviews. When I want a UC Comfort t-shirt holster, just like the rest of you, I place my order, give them my CC info and wait till their manufactored and shipped to me (just like right now, I wait paitently for my shirts to be delievered).

Till the next time,
    Love the video also love the product here is another video of the product http://www.uccomfort.net/user/UCcomfort.mov take a look. As I said befor I have tried all the others and the UnderCoverComfort holster is the very best tha tI have tried I ac aqualify on the PPC with no problem.. I provide executive protection and all of of my workers now wear the UnderCoverComfort shirt

Having tried all the others I can say that they are ll attempting to copy the UnderCoverComfort Compression Shirt Holster, but they are all missing several key things. Alot of theother companies are usieng other compression shirts then they are stitching the elstic on the shirt and I am telling you that it does not work. Take a look a at the UnderCoverComfort holster shirts it is made from from scratch according to company they have the company tag on the shirt and they use superior products. A good example Magills, they copied the UnderCoverComfort shirt they use UnderArmor claiming that it is UnderCoverComfort just take a look, the Magill shirt after a while will rip and the stich wil start to come out. So if you think that you buying th eral product from Magill and others think again, I will only buy from the company direct web site http://www.undercovercomfort.com/UCCHolsters.html I also advise that you call them to find out who the distributor in your area is 646-312-0126 don't trust copy cats. Get the original and with the currrent sales price of $59.95you cant go wrong. I now have the
    2xh, teh 3XH and the UCCTank love them all. I am waiting on the the new compression shorts

abeaux,

Thanks for the info ... I was fooled by the Magill adds (although I did not order anything from them).
    BAD things happen to GOOD people.

Yes beware of McGills t-shirt holsters. When I spoke to Al he was real ticked because he's getting the complaints about their shirts and it is likely legal action will be taken.

Also. The page to order UC Comfort stuff is down but you can order them off the info site by using PayPal.
    Steve

Steve: thanks for the great video (thanks to your daughter as well). I'd kicked around getting one of these and I believe you convinced me. And, thanks to both you and abeaux because I thought the McGills stuff was the same thing and almost ordered.

Much appreciated!

How does this product hold up to wear in the sense of being close to the body?
    Is it advised to order two or three toward week long application?
    How often is it reasonable for an average person under spring/summer conditions to expect required laundering?
    If constant/daily laundering is required is it machine washable and if so does it hold up well to as much over a duration (say 24 mos.)?

It looks like an interesting 4 seasons solution toward deep cover concealment...and the current price isn't bad either.
    I notice at their website they have two models original and tank-top. Of these two which would you current users endorse as preferable for all around general purpose use?

Thanks ahead of time!

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Steve....if I may????........

In no particular order....

They are pretty darn durable. I have had my original almost a year now (thanks to steve) and it only shows some "minor pulls" around the stitching around the trauma plate sleeve. Nothing that effects the integrity of the garment, it's just cosmetic. I have worn mine both directly against my body, as well as over a tshirt or tank-type t. Both work for me. It's a matter of personal comfort. As far as the "funky-factor" goes.... I have several and sometimes switch them out. I have also worn the same shirt for several days without it getting....well...stinky. I don't know exactly how this stuff works, but it just doesn't get smelly. Even after wearing it for hours in humid, poorly ventilated conditions. I hand wash mine and roll it in a towel to dry initially. Then hang it up to finish drying. They dry quickly like other "under armor" type products.

I'm sure others will reply too. This has just been my experience.

Janq....ditto what entropy said. I have the same shirt I first ordered about four years ago from Under Cover Comfort. It still is workable and would be used, however, the old material isnt as good as the new stuff Al is using (Al is the owner of UC Comfort). The shirt I wore all day today, I've had for about two and a half years and obviously its still functional, and will be put into a used shirt drawer once my new ones come in. When I bought the one I'm using right now, it didnt come in V-neck so I just simply took a pair of sissors to it and to my major suprise, its held up perfectly and I didnt even have my wife run it through her serger.

As far as the "funk" factor goes, I wear it daily and wash it twice a week and NEVER (unless my daughter is doing laundry and forgets) run them through the dryer. Ohh and I live in the heat and humidity of Texas and often ride my scoot to work so by the time I been cooked by the air cooled V-twin under the scourching blaze of light.

I have on occasions hand washed it while out of town, and simply hang it up to dry. The neat thing about these shirts is that they air dry quick. My personal recomendation is to buy two if your going to use it daily. Wear it for two days then wash it and bribe, kiss and canooze whoever does your laundry to NEVER put them into the dryer.

Later ya'al...I'm off for a run then to bed, as sunrise comes early tomorrow and I have a long day (on my b-day no less).
    Steve

Assistant Administrator
    Happy Birthday for the 16th Steve - and have a great day
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Thank you Entropy and Sig!

Sold... :)

I'll order an 'Original' in white.
    But thing is I go to the online order link and it sends me to a furniture store (?).

I'll try calling direct in the morning.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

The order link is down. If you just add it to cart you can order it and pay via paypal.
    Steve

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links