UC Comfort in Action (Video FINALLY)

This is a discussion on UC Comfort in Action (Video FINALLY) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, Steve and others who use UCC, I ordered my UC shirt recently and it came in yesterday. Have worn it last night and most ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: UC Comfort in Action (Video FINALLY)

OK, Steve and others who use UCC,

I ordered my UC shirt recently and it came in yesterday.

Have worn it last night and most of today.

I normally wear a L to XL in tshirts/equivalent and Lg. is what I ordered for my UC shirt. It is way tight. Not a problem for wearing, as I assume it is also supposed to be a compression shirt. But, it is not easy to put on.

Too tight? Or, just right, in your experience?

By the way, hottest day of the year in this part of FL and it was pretty cool and comfortable. M&P 9c conceals REALLY well. I would have had no problem wearing it today in front of a few hundred people-they would have had no idea. Plus, it beats the heck out of IWB holsters that have been giving me permanent bruises on my side and/or back.
    Last edited by miklcolt45; June 24th, 2007 at 11:17 PM.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

If you don't mind me asking

I ordered my UC shirt recently and it came in yesterday.
    Mike:

Could you let us know when you ordered yours and which style?
    I also ordered one but it was more than a little bit ago.

Cork
    Cork

The 2nd amendment doesnít mean you have to own a firearm It insures you can. It gives you the ability to protect yourself and your loved ones when the Government canít. PLEASE REMEMBER KATRINA and VIRGINIA TECH the next time you vote!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thef00l View Post
    Mike:

Could you let us know when you ordered yours and which style?
    I also ordered one but it was more than a little bit ago.

Cork
    Cork,
    I ordered the 2XHVneck on May 10.
    I received the 3XHVneck with pouch for trauma plate.

I am not sure I care, so I will keep this one if the fit is right.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I have learned that getting the most out of a t-shirt holster requires it to be pretty snug to prevent weapon flop. I personally feel that it not only is better to "feel" it squeeze against you (thats a reminder of how your carrying - but it also provides good back support) but should not make it uncomfortable to breath. If you find it hard to breath you have a shirt thats to small.

If your holster has been ordered for over a month and hasnt arrived, let me know via a PM and I'll get with Al personally on your order.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Fed,

What is there return policy?
    If my order is too small or large am I screwed or can I send it back for a size swap?
    Do you order a size smaller than your normal t-shirt size (e.g. XL normal = lrg. UCC)?
    I don't own any compression shirts just shorts for cycling and with those I do not normally size down.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I just rechecked the UCC site - they're on sale for $59.99!
    I sent an email for info on the UCCtank, it says there's only one pocket per side but doesn't say if it's the front or back pocket position asit would be on the other shirts.

It says the material is moisture wicking, does it function like Underarmor in keeping you cool? It gets GAWD AWFUL humid here in the Summer (like San Antonio's Riverwalk in August) so I'm hesistant to order anything other than the tank for Summer wear. Can anyone offer advice here?
    Jack

What is there return policy? Al is pretty good to deal with when it comes to wrong sizes. I suggest that you order the size of a snug fitting t-shirt and you should be good, but (and I "won't" speak for him) in my experience and from what I've heard he does work with folks who order the wrong size.

I sent an email for info on the UCCtank, it says there's only one pocket per side but doesn't say if it's the front or back pocket position asit would be on the other shirts. Cant help ya there as I have never seen as much as a picture of the UCTank Holster.

It says the material is moisture wicking, does it function like Underarmor in keeping you cool? Its kinda like it but a little thicker as it is custom made material by DuPont and has more "spring" to keep it snug and last long. Al has put alot of work into getting the right type of material and this is the 3d type he's used.

It gets GAWD AWFUL humid here in the Summer (like San Antonio's Riverwalk in August) so I'm hesistant to order anything other than the tank for Summer wear. Dude, LOL, I wear this stuff all over. Remember a place called New Orleans? Remember Katrian? Now that was humid. Yes you'll sweat, I wear the shirts over a t-shirt because I personally dont like the "feel" of the material against my bare skin (for that matter even the UnderArmor shirts drive me nuts). I occasionally have to wipe sweat off my pistol, but in "MY" opinion its not that bad.
    Steve

Thanks Steve. I just got an email back from Al and started a new thread so as not to take your's too far off on a tangent - http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=27908

Short answer is, the pocket on the tank is more to the rear for concealment which is what I was hoping for.

Good point about humidity in your travels but judging from your vid, you're in a wee bit better physical condition than me (vast understatement, your forearms are bigger than my calves!) - and when fat men sweat, it ain't pretty!

Anyway, thanks for all the info you've provided. I'm off to place my order now.
    Jack

Cork,
    I ordered the 2XHVneck on May 10.
    I received the 3XHVneck with pouch for trauma plate.

I am not sure I care, so I will keep this one if the fit is right.

And Thanks to Fed for doing the checking
    Cork

The 2nd amendment doesnít mean you have to own a firearm It insures you can. It gives you the ability to protect yourself and your loved ones when the Government canít. PLEASE REMEMBER KATRINA and VIRGINIA TECH the next time you vote!!!

Steve for a first time buyer what would you suggest be the first shirt i get from them. my body type is a small framed. i am 5'10 and 160.

any suggestions? and size what do you suggest?

Well thats hard to answer Str8....But to make it as simple as possible, I'd go with the 2XH in a V-neck and sleveless as it is the most comfortable, unless you plan on wearing a soft trama plate.

I suggest that you order it the size of a t-shirt that is snug on you. Having a t-shirt holster that is loose is worthless. A loose shirt allows for your weapon and stuff to flop around. A tight shirt keeps the weapon tight against your body.
    Steve

is that going to be just as good as the compression shirt for my body type? and thanks for all your help.

and how do you like the white?

Quote Originally Posted by Str8 Shooter View Post
    is that going to be just as good as the compression shirt for my body type? and thanks for all your help.

and how do you like the white?
    I'm not sure what you mean, I'm sorry. Maybe its the lack of sleep and to many miles on the scoot the past two days.

I love the white shirts, their all I use. I have thought about getting a black one, but just havent done it.

Let me know better about what you meant in your question, and I'll try to answer it.
    Steve

This is not a tag

Sounds like a interesting concept, having a holster built into a shirt.

However, for an old broken down semi retired fat guy with a blown L4/5 who works on an ambulance and is required to wear a uniform shirt I don't know how practical this kind of carry is over a ankle holster.

Could always use the extra back support, but with all the twisting, bending, squating & lifting that's done on a daily basis I'm just not sold on the concept.

Off duty it looks like this would be a great way to carry a 239, ammo and a light under a 5.11 button down shirt (normally I wear a T shirt tucked in and a button down shirt over it with a 239 in a CTAC )

I guess to the point, I am curious if UCC is going to work for me. I tend to wear a lot of t-shirts and polos for my job. I just didn't really know if a UCC would be good for that.
    I do plan on getting on for the times i do wear a button up shirt though.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links