Defensive Carry banner

UC Comfort in Action (Video FINALLY)

27K views 97 replies 38 participants last post by  bzdog 
#1 ·
UC Comfort in action (This post had to be edited...video tomorrow)

Over the past several years there have been those who have called into question the effectiveness my duty carry rig...the UC Comfort 3XH. Well recently after returning from work, my daughter was playing with her digital camera and she mentioned it has a video capablilty. So she shot a short video and as you'll see, it works.

Oh two things. One forgive me but it was a longgggggg day and I was worn out. Two lay off the mask, just accept it isnt for show.

SORRY but I had to remove the video for today. Seems some out there are a little more courious and found information in the video that they shouldnt know. I'll post another video tomorrow night.....maybe an administrator can delete it for me

#3 ·
Thanks Steve, I'll be ordering one before too much longer. I have to go back out in a week or so and be out for several months but I plan on ordering one when I get home where I can try it out. I plan on doing the snaps on about two to three shirts to use with it. I'll use it and get used to it before I go back to the IWB and I plan on keeping in practice with it so I will not get too stale when I haven't worn it in awhile. My tucked holster works OK if you blouse it right but it does not make you look like a sharp dressed man. You going to show us the rocket lancher or not. :smile: lol

#4 ·
Np on the vid removal steve . I for one would rather not have it up if there is any chance of info you dont want online being seen or heard .

#7 ·
Sorry guys. This week went nuts and I just now sat down and I'm leaving again in 30 minutes.

No .....wasnt wearing a SOG (but a Spyderco did appear) and no pink footies (my dog chewed them up), however I did fail to notice that in the background behind me was a phone call roster that listed some sensitive information including numbers not allowed for release.

I do appologize and as soon as I get a chance to settle down I will have my daughter retake the video.

Ok back out I go....dang and to think I wanted to get back to work.

#9 ·
OK we talked about it and I finally found a few minutes after a early morning workout to do this thing. So here it is. First off I have to SCREAM koodos and thanks to my lovely 11yo who not only was a terrific alarm clock this morning (0530 comes early) to wake me up AND to run with me. After all was said and done, instead of watching cartoons (or some other Disney channel thing) she volunteered to shoot this video, under the promise that I'd take her shooting or fishing on my next day off. So here ya go, without further ado here is the link. http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/...arry/?action=view&current=FWASUCComfort-1.flv

Oh in case you missed it, I will list the stuff presented.
1ea Sig 229
2ea Sig 229 magazines
1ea expandable baton
1ea Spyderco knife
1ea Surefire Executive flashlight
1ea pair of titanium hinged handcuffs
1ea tube of OC Spray

Now to think that for most of you, it would simply be a weapon, extra magazine, knife, flashlight and if you're legally allowed a small can of OC spray.
I do it daily and very comfortably.
Oh and I must say this, I do NOT receive anything for my opinions on UC Comfort products.
I occasionally receive items to test but I return them to Al when I finish my reviews.
When I want a UC Comfort t-shirt holster, just like the rest of you, I place my order, give them my CC info and wait till they're manufactured and shipped to me (just like right now, I wait patiently for my shirts to be delivered).

Till the next time,

#51 ·
Ok we talked about it and I finally found a few minutes after a early morning workout to do this thing. So here it is. First off I have to SCREAM koodos and thanks to my lovely 11yo who not only was a teriffic alarm clock this morning (0530 comes early) to wake me up AND to run with me. After all was said and done, instead of watching cartoons (or some other Disney channel thing) she volunteered to shoot this video, under the promiss that I'd take her shooting or fishing on my next day off. So here ya go, without further ado here is the link. http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/...arry/?action=view&current=FWASUCComfort-1.flv

Oh incase you missed it, I will list the stuff presented.
1ea Sig 229
2ea Sig 229 magazines
1ea expandable batton
1ea Spyderco knife
1ea Surefire Executive flashlight
1ea pair of titanium hinged handcuffs
1ea tube of OC Spray

Now to think that for most of you, it would simply be a weapon, extra magazine, knife, flashlight and if your legally allowed a small can of OC spray. I do it daily and very comfortably. Oh and I must say this, I do NOT receive anything for my opinions on UC Comfort products. I occasionally receive items to test but I return them to Al when I finish my reviews. When I want a UC Comfort t-shirt holster, just like the rest of you, I place my order, give them my CC info and wait till their manufactored and shipped to me (just like right now, I wait paitently for my shirts to be delievered).

Till the next time,
Love the video also love the product here is another video of the product http://www.uccomfort.net/user/UCcomfort.mov take a look. As I said befor I have tried all the others and the UnderCoverComfort holster is the very best tha tI have tried I ac aqualify on the PPC with no problem.. I provide executive protection and all of of my workers now wear the UnderCoverComfort shirt

Having tried all the others I can say that they are ll attempting to copy the UnderCoverComfort Compression Shirt Holster, but they are all missing several key things. Alot of theother companies are usieng other compression shirts then they are stitching the elstic on the shirt and I am telling you that it does not work. Take a look a at the UnderCoverComfort holster shirts it is made from from scratch according to company they have the company tag on the shirt and they use superior products. A good example Magills, they copied the UnderCoverComfort shirt they use UnderArmor claiming that it is UnderCoverComfort just take a look, the Magill shirt after a while will rip and the stich wil start to come out. So if you think that you buying th eral product from Magill and others think again, I will only buy from the company direct web site http://www.undercovercomfort.com/UCCHolsters.html I also advise that you call them to find out who the distributor in your area is 646-312-0126 don't trust copy cats. Get the original and with the currrent sales price of $59.95you cant go wrong. I now have the
2xh, teh 3XH and the UCCTank love them all. I am waiting on the the new compression shorts

#12 ·
Two thoughts immediately came into my mind when I looked at the video: First the old cartoons where the characters pull out all sorts of weapons like bazookas, and secondly the bumper sticker "Don't Mess With Texas"

Unfortunately for me, I look lumpy without carrying any equipment. I can't imagine how I could conceal half of what you had. I would be afraid that someone might tip me over.

Seriously, you look good in the video except for the mask and sunglasses.

#13 ·
Ok now i'm sold on it. Any idea what the lead time is?

#14 ·
Looks real sweet for you. So you are comfortable with getting to your weapon in a hurry when needed? I tried a buddy's shirt holster and even my subcompact XD was printing all over the place...I'm just not stout enough for one of those.

Thanks for the video...real solid.

#23 ·
So you are comfortable with getting to your weapon in a hurry when needed?
Missed this question earlier.

Yes I am. Now you must understand that I've been carrying with t-shirt holsters since 1994 and drawing from them to me is almost as fast as drawing from a in the pants holster (almost). I can draw from under my shirt, put two into a paper plate at 7 yards in under 2 seconds. I can also draw, fire one, reload fire another in under 4 seconds. So yes I am comfortable.

Deep concealment is a trade off. I am faster with an in the pants or on the belt holster but to conceal them requires a cover garment that you cannot remove and in a business environment an untucked shirt (outside of Hawaii and the Philippine Islands) is a no-no. So I trade a few tenths of a second on my draw for the ability to blend in to conceal all my gear and draw less attention to myself (not like a bald dude with goatee, tats and hard eyes dosent draw attention from those looking so I'm already behind the 8 ball). Oh also, try concealing all that stuff on a belt under a untucked shirt. Thats a lot of stuff and just a few items less than what I wore on my old duty belt....minus a portable radio and second cuff case is all.

I take no gain if ya'al do or dont buy one of Al's shirts, however if you want to carry in a t-shirt I can only recommend UC Comfort's stuff and I've tested all the other ones out there I have found.

#20 ·
Ok to answer a couple questions.

First off I am NOT a texican.....my pappy might be (and all of his family) but I am a proud Okie (for all ya yankees I know ya dont understand, but I'm from the right side of the Red River, LOL).

Birdman...the mask and glasses are for obvious reasons, sorry, they are not for dramatic purposes, just a simple cost of my line of work, some say they are, and some are, trust me the days when I was a "real" cop were much simpler...but thanks for the compliment.

Tapout....I spoke to Al this morning...yes I am waiting on my stuff to arrive and after three years of daily wear and a little weight gain my old rigs are in need of replacement. He (Al) informed me that he spoke with the manufactor yesterday and that the material has been cut and is being sewn as we speak. They have taken delievery of the 3XH holsters (v-neck with sleves and trama plate pouch) but the 2XH, Racerback and Tanktop holsters are expected in within two weeks.

jpduece....I dont know what to tell ya. I started wearing t-shirt holsters (and making them before UC Comfort came along) because I was a skinny dude trying to conceal a S&W 4506. At the time I was my normal 5'09.75" and weighed 120ish pounds. If you were using a UC Comfort holster, did you use the one directly under the arm pit? The one in the front is "advertised" to carry a gun, but I would NOT recommend it. Also if the shirt is to loose on you or your cover shirt is to tight, them you will print. The shirt I wore in the video is the tightest shirt I will wear with my gear and I had to be careful not to print today as the cover shirt in my experience needs to be about one size larger than you normally wear.

jdlv4 0.....awww man, Mad Max? I was hoping atleast you'd say the dude in Police Acadamy in the bed room scene with the female sergeant. Thats what my better half always tells me she thinks of when I come home from work....clunk, clunk. clunk, clunk, clunk (in the dark of night) and the beep beep beep beep of the gun box opening and clunk, click. Dang that was good if I say so myself.

robere...for some reason the site to order from is down. Al told me this morning that their system had crashed last week and that it would be up shortly. If any of you have an order pending and havent heard back from them by Monday let me know via pm your name, what you ordered and order number and I'll call Al with it then (oh dont forget your credit card number -----JOKING DONT YOU DARE

Welp just got home and the wife has informed me that my high personal self esteem aside....the grass needs to be cut, so another thankless civil servant is off to push a mower.........(gee where are the govt bennies I was promissed).

#24 ·
Steve, thanks for letting us see that. We've been kicking this around for awhile here and you'd already had my curiosity tweaked. When you posted the picture and I saw nothing at all you pretty much sold me on it. Thanks again for the video, that just reconfirmed what you showed me before. But I have to tell you that you let me down by not pulling out the rocket launcher that I just know you keep as a BUG. lol :rofl: I'll be checking one out real soon.

#25 ·
I was waiting for an RPG too!! .. nice work Steve and while I hopefully will never need to conceal so deep - it sure makes for some impressive effect.

Impressive - to say the least :wink:

#26 ·
I am amazed. I was waiting to see the gun, one mag, and a pair of cuffs- and figured you would be as loaded as you could be to get that in there.

I just wish the video showed you getting to the gun quickly. I'd like to see how that works. Regardless, I'll be placing an order.

#27 ·
Excellent demo Steve. That's roughly the same type cover shirt I wear in the cooler months so it would seem I'd have little to no problems concealing a G19 and spare mag or two.

Question:
Top button appears normal, then next two are velcro "fakes" as you described a few months back? How many are actually velcro backed to allow for easy presentation?
Jack

#28 ·
OK, so you wear the grenades on your belt, right?!

I too would like to see a video of you doing a quick draw from that rig.

At my age and with my back the way it is, I have all I can do to tote my Glock around let alone that arsenal.

#29 ·
maclean3......actually the top button (colar button) is left alone, the next three have the button sewn to the top with a male end of a snap sewn on the back and the female end of the snap sewn where a button normally is sewn. Confused? LOL. It takes about 20 minutes to cut off three buttons and sew them back on as described.

JimmyC....I have a broken back as well that i deal with. As much as I like my in the pants rigs, I find that not only does this t-shirt carry easier on the back the tightness of it helps with spinal support. My doc even says that some paitents get support shirts perscribed to them for back issues.

I have a airsoft G19 on order (for my daughter and I to train with for IDPA matches) and once it arrives I'll do a vid with it so you can actually see the draw, shooting and reloads.

Laters ya'al.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.