CompTac CTAC: How is yours adjusted?

This is a discussion on CompTac CTAC: How is yours adjusted? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got my CTAC in today, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what configuration is best for me. I'm sure I'll need to ...

View Poll Results: How is your CTAC adjusted?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • TOP holes on both clips- so it rides high. Helps keep the weapon off the waistband.

1 1.79%
  • BOTTOM holes on both clips- so it rides low. I can deal with it being on my belt for concealability

2 3.57%
  • Middle holes, both sides. It sits even.

4 7.14%
  • HIGH on the trigger side (Top hole) LOW on the slide side(Bottom hole) -FBI cant

34 60.71%
  • Low on the trigger side, high on the slide side (opposite of above, reverse FBI) - sounds useless, but its an option.

0 0%
  • I dont have a CTAC, or I have not figured it out yet.

15 26.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I got my CTAC in today, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what configuration is best for me. I'm sure I'll need to fool with it some more to find it all out, but it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of difference from the bottom and top holes. How is your CTAC adjusted? Pictures would be great. Low holes under the trigger, and high holes over the slide.. or whatever you use personally. I like how the CTAC has some retention to it from the indentation on the side of the trigger guard.

All input is greatly appreciated. It IS slimmer than my old holster which has the loops over the weapon.
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

I think this is the reason I decided on the Infidel over the CTAC - too many adjustments available!

EDIT: I realized I have not put all the options available. Its too late for me to realize that now with the poll. IF your option is NOT listed, please describe your option.

MODERATORS: IF you can add one more option to my poll, that says "My option is not listed" Then please do so. Then people can use that option to vote on if its not listed.

S

PS- Do you think I could have used the word "option" many more times in this post?? sheesh...
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member

Front Tab-Bottom hole
    Rear Tab-Middle Hole

I wear the holster around 3:30-4:00 position and it tucks the grip right up into the spot below my ribcage over the kidney. If I go any lower (ala the " tab modification") it starts to dig into my rear meat.

here's a link to the mod so you can see how you like it. i found it puts the holster too low for me to get a decent grip.

http://californiaccw.org/posts/list/793.page

I've had it apart and together about 10 times just to get it perfect "for me". I could have lived with any of the positions but figured I may as well try them all.

I have flipped the tabs and have it set to the most cant. Top hole on the back bottom hole on the front.
    "When a man attempts to deal with me by force, I answer himóby force.
    "... No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had the right to choose: his own." -John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

I needed more cant so the grip doesn't print. P239 40 and 9mm but ride this way @ 3:30-4:00
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

I wear my sig around 4:00 with full FBI cant, it sticks the grip right into the hollow of my back, and i can hide my sig under a t shirt.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

I changed mine this morning to the FBI option (although that particular term is used loosely in this case).

Carried all day and other than the obvious and unavoidable print when bending over it conceals very nicely and is comfortable to boot.

Me likey.

Maximum forward cant by flipping the tabs.

I actually ordered the other clips with my CTAC. I found being skinny, the front C clip is fine, but in the rear it sits lower due to the weight of the gun and comes out from under the top of the C clip and droops. I used the standard clip in the back to keep the back of the weapon at the desired length. It has no choice with the standard clip. (FBI cant, 4 O'clock) I also loosened the top set screw on the trigger guard side so it didnt retain the weapon so tightly. It still clips in the guard, but its easier to pull out. The only thing I don't like, is... it seems you can't draw from this holster without making that sliding noise. So no sneaky unholstering done on this one. Unless I can think of a mod for it, which I dont know what would do it right now.
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member

Considering that the small "click" is about to be immediately followed by a large "boom".....I wouldn't worry about it. As long as you can draw the weapon quickly. Maybe you should order another regular clip instead of that "c-clip".

All else fails...return it. They give a full refund before 30 days, less shipping, no questions asked.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    I did the tab switch on mine and it conceals much better. I broke one of the tabs the other night adjusting it while bowling . $15 to get new ones. For now super glue holds it together.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Ive tried every clip they make besides the V-clip and i have always gone back to the standard clip, it just works. My suggestion, buy a spare set and keep them around the house, you will eventually break a clip, i've done it twice.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

Quote Originally Posted by whamonkey View Post
    Maybe you should order another regular clip instead of that "c-clip".
    I'm not returning it, I like it. I did order the J's the C's and the standards so I could fool around with them all. The only option I didn't get was the Velcro.
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member

I use the V-vlips with the FBI cant. When I wear my Taurus Millennium Pro I am able to conceal it under just a t-shirt.
    USA Carry - Concealed Carry Information, Reciprocity Maps, News & Articles, Forums, Directory and more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links