Defensive Carry banner

IWB Carry Holsters

3K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  Bowie 
#1 ·
It is HOT where I am and I need an inside waist carry holster for a SIG P226 or H&K P2000.

1. I have one which rubs me raw!

2. I need a body shield and moisture guard.

3. Comfort is a MUST.

Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
Get a Kydex one with a sweatshield if you can stand kydex. Otherwise, get a leather one.

I'd personally go with UBG holsters, but that's me. Apparently KD holsters has short wait times, too.

#3 ·
Is Kydex better than leather in a hot, humid environment? Here in Oklahoma, it gets 160 degrees in the shade! Not to mention it's 99% humidity!

#4 ·
Well, kydex doesn't retain moisture, let it get to the gun, & won't break down from hot & humid days.

I just find it uncomfortable, but I'm told that's because I haven't found the right one. :rolleyes:

#6 ·
A friend of mine swears by those holsters. I bought one for my Kahr PM9. It was for a Glock 26, but worked fine with the PM9 in it. When tried it out with my G 26, a funny thing happened. The holster would come out with the gun half the time!

I always practice drawing with a new weapon, & that one failed the test. Well, actually, it was fine with a smaller gun in it. :blink:

#7 ·
Hands down, the best IWB holster I've ever tried is the Tucker Answer.

It has a leather backing, but that is lined with a thin layer of chrome tanned suede, which both feels great next to the body, and because of the bonding, prevents sweat from reaching the gun. Because it is chrome-tanned, it is nearly impervious to the effects of sweat and body oils. The nap of the suede on mine has stayed soft and comfortable for over a year of daily wear.

They have to be tried to be believed. It really is, "THE Answer".

#8 ·
I carry ALL my CCW's in a Milt Sparks VersaMax-II IWB! :yup:

Inside (against the body) is horse hide so moisture is not a problem. Comfortable against bare skin, hides under a tee shirt!

#14 ·
Fist I Say...

Yes, Fist...see above for Holster Sources...

I have both leather and kydex in several similar holsters...leather IS more comfortable in hot weather...leather also has some give, but kydex does not...

When you buy the holster (whatever kind)...get it with a body protector (an extended piece of leather which keeps any part of the gun from touching the body).

As a last touch for hot weather, I wear a light summer T (wifebeater) under another T-shirt or a print shirt...very comfortable and keeps sweat off of the holster.

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret:urla9ub:

#15 ·
The Tucker "Answer" always looked a little,...well.... homemade to me, but the more I think about it and hear the great feedback, the more I am intrigued!

I have always been a fan of paddle holsters, but find them to be a PITA sitting, especially in the car.

Just how is the Tucker "Answer" for sitting or driving?????

#20 ·
Need help on a IWB holster for a Glock Model 33. any suggestions to point me in the right direction would be appreciated. Looking for something EXTREMELY discrete.

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.