CCW Shirt

This is a discussion on CCW Shirt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ran across this product while randomly surfing the Internet tonight. I've not used this shirt, so I can't vouch for it, but it might ...

Thread: CCW Shirt

1943 - 2009

CCW Shirt

I ran across this product while randomly surfing the Internet tonight. I've not used this shirt, so I can't vouch for it, but it might be an item of interest for some folks. It's not something that I'm personally interested in, however.

Interesting to note that the shirt is made to order after you send in your measurements. Also interesting to note that there is no price listed.

Anyway, here it is:

http://members.sti.net/thebrsfamily/buildertech/

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

2. Remove Ads

The CCW Shirt is currently priced at $59. There is an intense amount of labor involved here folks but well worth it. You just don't see quality like this in the market anymore and we are very proud of this. Just ask Mr. John Farnam of Defense Training International Inc. John personally promotes The CCW Shirt that he has tested time and again. Shipping is extra if desired, and you are only charged the actual shipping charge. No extra handling charges are applied.

Second paragraph from the bottom...

Looks like something well worth the money

1943 - 2009
    The CCW Shirt is currently priced at $59.
    Oops! Sorry, I missed that!

They should have put it in bold text for those of us with old, tired eyes!

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

I do like the concept, but isn't this what shoulder holsters are for. I would need to wash this thing every day. It does seem that this type of carry is catching on.

Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    No semperfi that is not what shoulder holsters are for bro. Their designed for deep concealment and target the folks who by the nature of their work (or life style) are restricted to a business dress code. Check out the post I just made with a video showing the flexability of them and we discussed the pros and cons of this rig.

Whooah
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

OK got it. Never did the shoulder holster thing. Makes sense then.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

The shoulder rig is wonderful but in my experience and opinion they are best suited for times when your sitting alot, like driving or a sit down post. When I do long road trips in a car (and in the winter on the bike) I wear a shoulder rig but for day to day concealment I dont think its all that great.
    Steve

I wear one everyday, day in, day out. Shoulder rigs work for me.

I kind of like this shirt, isn't it a lot like the 5.11 tactical shirt, I like these because I have to wear a dress shirt and I would rather not print through. Does anybody actually have one of these or the 5.11 shirt, i just wonder how long you go between washings and what exactly is the proper care for them.

docsludge....several have purchased the 5.11 shirt and most have found it lacking. I know Rocky and I both were disappointed with them. I love t-shirt holsters (for business clothing wear) but just not that one.
    Steve

My email to Bart at The CCW Shirt

I recently posted an email I sent to Bart where they make "The CCW Shirt" on fed_wif_a_sig's post about UC COMFORT video in action. Didn't want to repost but you can check it out there.

To make a long story short I wanted to compare the 2 but the UC COMFORT has been on back order. They were very good at keeping me informed about the delay though.

So far I am very happy w/ The CCW Shirt but am unable to mke intellegent comparisons like Fed can. From the research I have done -Fed seems to have tried them all EXCEPT The CCW Shirt. But I imagine with a little arm twisting he might be able to get one to try.

I went w/ this style because of the many posts I read (most of which came from or were added onto by Fed). For me with the tucked in
    shirt and tie thing going on - it is the best method by far. And yes, I have tried the tuckables, apron style, ankle carry......

Good luck w/ your search
    Cork

The 2nd amendment doesn’t mean you have to own a firearm It insures you can. It gives you the ability to protect yourself and your loved ones when the Government can’t. PLEASE REMEMBER KATRINA and VIRGINIA TECH the next time you vote!!!

I was interested in trying one of those out but haven't gotten around to buying one. I just don't think I would use it often.
    USA Carry - Concealed Carry Information, Reciprocity Maps, News & Articles, Forums, Directory and more!

I have not tried "The CCW Shirt", since I found the UC Comfort shirt/holster first. I have been using the UC Comfort shirt/holster for several years. I've found the shirt holster works best in my environment.

I previously tried a Kramer shirt/holster but did not like it. I felt it did not hold the weapon tight enough to the body which caused too much sagging.

I think as long as you get "The CCW Shirt" sized correctly that it will work fine. I like the ability of the UC Comfort shirt to stretch and conform to my body as it has grown and shrunk and grown again over the years.

The only downside to the UC Comfort shirt is the length of time it takes to get one. However, many "regular" holster makers have long delivery times also. I think they are definitely worth the wait.
    BAD things happen to GOOD people.

If you're looking for a good ccw shirt try this site. www.abetterholster.com

I have 2 of these. and I carry a S&W 457....G-36 ....and a Rossi 357 mag. and regardless of which one of the 3 I'm carry, you'll never see them.
    Why the hell should I have to press 1 for ENGLISH

Links