Any such thing as a back-pocket holster?

This is a discussion on Any such thing as a back-pocket holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, Anybody ever see or hear of a back pocket holster for small thin gun like a Kahr PM9? It fits in a back pocket ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any such thing as a back-pocket holster?

Any such thing as a back-pocket holster?

Hi,

Anybody ever see or hear of a back pocket holster for small thin gun like a Kahr PM9? It fits in a back pocket without a holster just fine, but a holster would protect the gun from junk and prevent printing...

Brian

2. Remove Ads

http://www.andrewsleather.com/

Has both front and rear pocket holsters.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Don Hume 002 Rear Pocket Holster is made for a PM9

Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I can carry a Taurus PT145 Mil Pro in the back (or front) pocket of loose fitting jeans (painters pants or cargo's) with my Mika pocket holster.
    http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

I'd use the SOB holster before I'd use a back pocket holster...

OMO...really...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    There are many of them. What everyone posted is good, Hedley comes to mind.

For my PM9, I have Nate at UBG holsters make me a pocket holster with a detachable leather flap for the back pocket or square bottom cargo pockets.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'd use the SOB holster before I'd use a back pocket holster...

OMO...really...

ret
    I've got holsters for different types of wear, but in the summer I usually wear blue jeans and t-shirts ...not so good for concealing, and I don't want an ankle holster. But thanks.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by cpmiv View Post
    Still looking ...but the one from http://www.pocketholsters.com looks pretty good so far. I like that fact that it's custom fit for the gun, is a hinged holster, and has a push-off for your thumb. I think this combo of features would be helpful for keeping the holster in your pocket and the gun in your hand... many of the other pocket holsters only rely on rough-out leather or other treatments. The hinge and push-off are good ideas.

Thanks All,
    Brian
    Last edited by conservaDude; June 10th, 2007 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cockedlocked01 View Post
    There are many of them. What everyone posted is good, Hedley comes to mind.

For my PM9, I have Nate at UBG holsters make me a pocket holster with a detachable leather flap for the back pocket or square bottom cargo pockets.
    Again, thanks! I looked into Hedley and he must be overwhelmed with orders or something ...the web site says "Closed to all new orders until further notice." Looked at UBG as well, but don't see pocket holsters ...but I'm sure he'd make one for me if I asked nicely, like he did for you :). Happen to have any photos of your holster from UBG? So far the http://www.pocketholsters.com outfit has my vote.

Brian
    Last edited by conservaDude; June 10th, 2007 at 05:07 PM.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Mine's been posted somewhere. I'll have to look it up, but I believe it was a thread I started. Nate listed that he does them, just doesn't post it. If you give him call, I'm sure he'll tell you what he can do. He puts a raised part of the leather that comes past the rear sight so that you can push off with your thumb. He also do a little hook at the bottom back part so it stays in the pocket.

He's very reasonable, great quality, & probably a quicker turn around time.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Quote Originally Posted by cockedlocked01 View Post
    Mine's been posted somewhere. I'll have to look it up, but I believe it was a thread I started. Nate listed that he does them, just doesn't post it. If you give him call, I'm sure he'll tell you what he can do. He puts a raised part of the leather that comes past the rear sight so that you can push off with your thumb. He also do a little hook at the bottom back part so it stays in the pocket.

He's very reasonable, great quality, & probably a quicker turn around time.
    Maybe I'll email him and point him to the pocketholsters one and start a discussion ...see what he says or recommends. It could be that he could use some of his own techniques/details/good-ideas and also borrow one or two to come with a best-overall solution. It's fun exploring the options...

Thx,
    Brian

If you can't find one elsewhere, try this:

Pocket Guru RH Pocket Holster in brown: front or hip pocket convertible:

http://www.pocketholsters.com

I have the pocketholsters.com for Kahr PM40. It did NOT come with a push off, even though it should have. I don't miss it, though. It will fit in a jean back pocket, but good luck getting the PM series drawn in a reasonable time from a back pocket holster. Very tight, very finicky. Also visible, since the top of the pocket stays open and you can see easily see the base of the handgun. A bad idea with a PM gun, IMHO. Might be better with a dinky KelTec, Seecamp, or other gun smaller than a Kahr PM.

That holster will also work in the front pocket of jeans, and for me is much less difficult to get out from the front jeans pocket, but still unlikely to be successful in a stressful/dynamic situation.

It is ideal in the front pockets of dress slacks or khakis/Dockers. Watch the Chicago screws, they can loosen. I put some LocTite on mine after a screw came loose. It turned up in the wash, but not until AFTER I went to Home Depot and found a washer and machine screw to replace it.

I'd recommend a tuckable SOB or IWB with invisible velcro belt clips over back pocket carry with a PM series. I have a atuckable Crossbreed for the PM40 that is almost invisble beneath a T-shirt. It WILL be invisible once I get my velcro lined belt and convert the J-hooks to Velcro-clips.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links