That mean old wife of mine!

That mean old wife of mine!

This is a discussion on That mean old wife of mine! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday my lovely bride of 23 years was ruminating on the fact that she had no clue as to what to get me for our ...

Thread: That mean old wife of mine!

Talking That mean old wife of mine!

Yesterday my lovely bride of 23 years was ruminating on the fact that she had no clue as to what to get me for our up-coming 23rd anniversary, so I kind of hinted that I would like a good IWB because I should be getting my CCW next month (SC 65 days and counting) so she told me to sit my butt down in front of this computer and order myself a C-TAC for my G19. If half of what I have read here I think I will love this holster. This will give me the Milt Sparks Summer Special for my Bursa and the C-TAC for the Glock, and a whole bunch of Uncle Mikes Garbage for the rest of the fire power.

Funny story? When I was taking the CCW class I was using an Uncle Mikes KDEX for the G19 and went to draw and fire for a timed set and when I brought the weapon up I noticed that it was still in the holster! Piece of junk pulled off my belt so slick and smooth I did not even feel it! I threw it on the floor and finished the round of fire and called the monitor over to hold my Glock while I “re-dressed” Even with that round of foolishness I had the tightest grouping of the class and scored 50 of 50 on the range portion of the class.

While I am on the subject we had one lady that earned a round of applause in the class. It seems that this lady, 65 years young, came to Shooter’s Choice the day before the class and bought a .38 S&W Model 638 Centennial J-Frame and had the salesman show her how to clean it. The next day she brought this fine piece of equipment to the class and during the practice session she did fairly poor. For the scored session of fire she scored 40of 50 which was passing. After the shooting was done and we were back in the class she admitted that she had NEVER fired a gun of any type in her life! The rest of the class applauded, I myself had mixed feelings about her getting a license to carry without first getting better instruction in the proper use and care of a gun, but who am I to judge?
    Ruger Super Blackhawk .44mag,Glock 17, Glock 19,Taurus 92 9mm,Llama .38, Taurus .38,Bersa Thunder .380,S&W Model 22A .22,Western Auto .22 ,NAA .22 Mag, Mini- Mini 14 .223,Mossberg 12 Gauge.

VIP Member
    Uncle Mikes should be called "Uncle Yikes". Sounds like something off Blazing Saddles. Wouldnt be funny if it were in a life threatning situation.

Assistant Administrator
    Welcome and congrats on approaching anniversary.

No doubt - good rigs are worth their weight in gold!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Another Welcome Here...

Hope you permit arrives soon...
    A good holster is WELL worth the $ and the wait...

Uncle 'Yikes'...I like that...funny and clever!

Stay armed...with a good holster...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Congrats, and we can tell just how "mean" she is.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    I've got father's day coming up and I am just waiting for that question to drop... If asked, I will also be ordering a C-Tac for my M&P9.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

me
    I am waiting for a custom holster and bought dad one for fathers day, dad is getting a "Snap" from Sideguard.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Administrator
    Ditto on Dump The Mikes.

"I myself had mixed feelings about her getting a license to carry without first getting better instruction in the proper use and care of a gun, but who am I to judge?"

In Pennsylvania there is no written or oral exam - no required instruction & no range testing required to get a PA License To Carry and it has not proved to be any sort of problem.

The Sheriff's Dept. suggests that folks take a firearm education class but, it is not required.

Personal responsibility seems to work in Pennsylvania.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Aww, mann!

I wish MY wife was a little meaner.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Yeah, I know what you mean Scrvoy...my bride sounds as mean as yours. Life is good...
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

VIP Member
    With any luck, I'll be getting two holsters for a Sig 226 and one for the 228 this week.

As for the lady, chances are she will never need the little revolver. If she does, the sight of the gun will probably be enough. If that doesn't work, the shot would probably be just a few feet at the most. At least you know she can point it in the right direction and pull the trigger without hurting herself.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

That mean old wife of mine??? Never....I mean never call her old or hide the guns. LOL I had to check to make sure it wasn't my hubby, but then I just encouraged him to buy his new Springfield DMX. Soooo we are good
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Links