What do you guys think of this holster system?

This is a discussion on What do you guys think of this holster system? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I did a search and didn't find anything so I guess I will ask. I ran across this web site www.handgunholsters.net . Now I wear ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think of this holster system?

Question What do you guys think of this holster system?

I did a search and didn't find anything so I guess I will ask. I ran across this web site www.handgunholsters.net . Now I wear a lot of cargo pants and shorts, do you think that this is a good idea? I know that you will have to do a little cutting on the insides of the pockets, but is it worth it?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    I'd have to try it to see if I liked it before recommending.
    Let us know if you do it and if you like it.
    For God, Family and Country!

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I've seen it or a link to it on several forums. It's inexpensive, but I'd rather have a good pocket holster that I can use in any pants pockets that I want, not just the ones that are carved for it.

I don't understand the advantage of having to cut up your pants in order to use this system. If you're looking to go inexpensive, you can buy an Uncle Mike's or Desantis pocket holster for about 1/2 the price, w/o having to modify any pants pockets.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

I would think that it would hold the gun nice and tight to your leg. So as you walk or move around it doesn't flop around.

VIP Member
    To me it seems your weapon sits so low that when you need to draw it, you moght have to bend over to do so. Not for me.

Or a much simple pants alteration:
    Sew fuzzy velcro inside the cargo pocket against your leg, and sew/glue/attach opposing velcro to the holster and velcro the holster in place inside the pocket.
    Hell, 5-11 Tactical makes their Class B uniform pants this way already, (with the fuzzy velcro in the pocket) and sells the nylon holsters with velcro on the outside as accessories for $19.99 each. You could just buy a velcro 5-11 holster and sew velcro into your existing pants pockets. I bet it would be much more comfortable too.
    Go to www.511tactical.com and click on the "Back-up Belt System" link on the left column for the holster.
    Funny I'm a holster-maker and promoting them, huh? But I wear their class B uniform pants on duty, and carry my back-up in a holster of my own making this way, velcroed in place inside the cargo pocket.
    Last edited by Mark Garrity; June 10th, 2007 at 11:22 PM.
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

Looks like a lot of trouble if you have to poop.
    Jeff
    Preparing the way...Straightening the path.

I didn't think of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hennessy View Post
    To me it seems your weapon sits so low that when you need to draw it, you moght have to bend over to do so. Not for me.
    I was thinking the same thing. I wouldn't want to have to practice presenting from that odd spot but that's just me. I have a C-TAC for my Taurus and my Beretta and carry them both in the same place. That seems too complicated to me and I definitely wouldn't want to go cutting up pants just for a holster.
    USA Carry - Concealed Carry Information, Reciprocity Maps, News & Articles, Forums, Directory and more!

The pic showed with the woman and her skirt looked like it might be a good option for a woman. I'll recomend my g-friend try this. However, it didn't look any different than a regular thigh righ to me.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Doesn't seem to conceal much.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Lead Moderator
    ever worn a tactical thigh rig? mine has 2 straps and still has some movement while running or hard movement. I think that would get uncomfortable really quick.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator
    I'm not exactly sure what to think of that & I don't wear the same pants every day so I would need to alter lots of pairs of pants.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I guess that I didn't think about it very hard. I have been using Don Hume IWB holsters for my Springfield micro compact .45 and my Glock G27, which now turned into a Milt Sparks VM2 for the Glock! I like to investigate new ways to carry.
    "I am completely out of ammo.......thats never happened to me before?" Burt Gummer -Tremors2-

"In England, if you commit a crime, the police don't have a gun and you don't have a gun. If you commit a crime, the police will say "Stop, or I'll say stop again." Robin Williams

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    It is interesting, & I've carried a BUG in my cargo pockets before. But I just use a pocket holster for it.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links