Can't believe how comfortable AIWB is!

This is a discussion on Can't believe how comfortable AIWB is! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought three holsters for my CW9, off Addictedhealer, here on the forum: a Sticky, a PJ holster and a Cry Havoc Grim holster. I ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 5 Post By RolandD
  • 1 Post By ghost tracker
  • 2 Post By RolandD
  • 1 Post By RolandD
  • 1 Post By BackcountryGuy
  • 1 Post By RolandD

Thread: Can't believe how comfortable AIWB is!

I bought three holsters for my CW9, off Addictedhealer, here on the forum: a Sticky, a PJ holster and a Cry Havoc Grim holster. I picked them up because the price was low enough that I could try them out without getting hurt too bad if I didn't like them. I would have never chosen any of them if I were buying new. I have been looking into getting an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck or a Clinger Stingray. I wasn't even considering AIWB. Since my Kore Essentials Gun Belt arrived last Thursday, I have been experimenting by wearing them around the house and yard. The Cry Havoc Grim fits perfectly at 1:00, snug around my Ilium. I can sit comfortably, lean forward, and bend over without it gouging me. Even with a fairly tight fitting shirt tucked in, it disappears. I think I have found my mode of carry. Thanks again, Adam.

Nothing does more to facilitate enthusiasm for a fine, new holster (or car, or girlfriend, or cigar, etc.) than a recent, memorable experience with...a crappy, old holster (or car, or girlfriend, or cigar, etc.).
    SWIll likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

If ya like 1 o'clock, try 11. I really like a cross draw position. Feels good and natural, to me at least.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I have been carrying AIWB a few months now with my G19. It is the most comfortable I've been since I started carrying. The right holster (and belt, of coarse) means everything. Glad you found yours.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
    I think I have found my mode of carry. Thanks again, Adam.
    Pictures please !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Concealed carry is a genie which will not get back in the bottle, no matter how hard the antis might try. ~ Mike1956

Just got back from Concealed Carry Class. Let me get the guns cleaned.

Yep, I started carrying AIWB after a LEO pal recommended it, and rarely carry in any other position now.

Glad it works for you. I guess is my body style or something can't do it most uncomfortable thing. I'd rather carry in the small of my back. That's not an option. Inside the waistband just dose not work for me. It's either pocket carry or outside the waste crossed draw or a shoulder rig. But it's just like anything else personal preference whatever works for you
    Long, Wide, Deep, and without hesitation.

Guns are clean. Here's some pics.
    Can't believe how comfortable AIWB is!-img_20160817_231401452_top.jpgCan't believe how comfortable AIWB is!-img_20160817_231332201.jpgCan't believe how comfortable AIWB is!-img_20160817_231202047.jpgCan't believe how comfortable AIWB is!-img_20160817_231000525.jpg
    Castellan and SnoMan97 like this.

Guns are clean. Here's some pics.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160817_231401452_TOP.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	150833Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160817_231332201.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	159.9 KB 
ID:	150841Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160817_231202047.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	150849Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160817_231000525.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	150857
    Nice setup. Looks similar to the holster I bought on Ebay. Mine rides a little higher though, which I like. I fine it aids in comfort by not allowing the muzzle end to dig in while carrying the G19 AIWB. I am currently hunting a used Raven Eidolon. I want to try one but I'm too cheap to pay full price.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by SnoMan97 View Post
    Nice setup. Looks similar to the holster I bought on Ebay. Mine rides a little higher though, which I like. I fine it aids in comfort by not allowing the muzzle end to dig in while carrying the G19 AIWB. I am currently hunting a used Raven Eidolon. I want to try one but I'm too cheap to pay full price.
    It look to be the same holster. The hardware is identical. I don't have the claw installed. Does the claw help press the grip in tight?

It look to be the same holster. The hardware is identical. I don't have the claw installed. Does the claw help press the grip in tight?
    The claw definitely helps conceal the grip a bit better.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thomas Jefferson

I'll have to pick up some longer screws and try it out.
    SnoMan97 likes this.

For days you don't tuck in your shirt I've found that putting my belt buckle over at 10 o'clock position and having the barrel directly at 12 is more comfortable than 12:30-2o'clock. Also, if you have a holster with an adjustable cant, give it a 5-10 degree angle and the pistol grip tucks into your body even better.

I only mention the cant part because you look super slim in the waist and it looks like your grip probably protrudes a little bit with tighter fitting shirts. If that sort of thing matters to you. The claw definitely works great also.

Different ride height can also help greatly with comfort/concealment. I played around a lot with my holster settings and where exactly I had it positioned before I could carry for 14 hours a day without knowing my G23 was there.
    SnoMan97 likes this.

I'll have to pick up some longer screws and try it out.
    Tried the claw out, not sure that i care for it. I'll try it again, some time in the future, but for now, I like it better without it.
    SnoMan97 likes this.

Sponsored Links