Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Larsen and HBE Leather Problems

54K views 250 replies 99 participants last post by  Bumper 
#1 ·
We are very aware of the problems many of you have been having with orders that you have placed with Eric at HBE Leather. While we have tried to keep all holster-related complaints out of the forum (see this thread for more information: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23274) we are going to make an exception to the rules and allow it since many of you have are left in limbo after possibly losing your money. All other forum rules apply here (no flames, etc) and viloations will be removed or the thread closed down.

I want everyone to understand, however, this is the one thread that discussions of this problem will be allowed....

#87 ·
I called Eric last week and he told me one of the two holsters I have on order was done and the other was waiting for a clip to come in and that he would call me when they were in the mail.
I recieved a phone message from Eric today stating my holsters went out in the mail!
I will update everyone when they arrive and post pics.
It looks like Eric is realy trying to turn things around.
I really do wish him all the best.
Ed

#88 ·
Hey guys....
Sorry I haven't been here in a while. Ive got about 15-20% of my back log caught up with...rough guess anyway.
I am no longer working full time and am working on holsters full time while looking for another job. But the good thing is allot of leather is getting done.
Fast eddy...your stuff shipped either today or yesterday. Randy I left you a voice mail a while ago and another today. Ive tried to get back with everyone who calls within 48 hours.
Thanks for everything and just give me a call if you guys want any info.
Shoot well ......Eric

#89 ·
Eric called me tonight a little after 7 to say my holster and mag pouch were done and would be shipping Monday. Will post back with pics when they arrive. After talking with Eric I do believe he is sincere in trying to make things right. Those who have orders pending hang in there, I believe he will come through.

#91 ·
HBE Order

It's good to see Eric is making some headway. I have been waiting a long time and am still hoping my order will show up. I currentlly use one of his holsters and it serves me well. Hang in there Eric, I think most of us are pulling for you.

ClessK.

#96 ·
Eric, it's good to see you back. While I have not been a customer of yours before, I certainly hope that circumstances will permit your return to full production in the not too distant future, if that's truly what you wish. There's obviously a need for high quality holster craftsmen, as witnessed by your and everyone else's backlog. I've had a holster on order with another maker, originally promised for delivery in 20 weeks, and now going on 70, so your delivery issues are hardly unique. Here's to better days!

#97 ·
I'll second what Rod wrote. We need as many quality holster makers as we can get. Everybody is backlogged from the huge demand. I see that as a good thing overall for the 2nd Amendment and our arms rights. I have an order from an A-list maker that was promised in 4-6 weeks. It's now over 100 weeks. Until there are more of you makers, we customers will be waiting longer and longer, I fear.

#99 ·
Eric,

I am a little blown away here by all of the talk about your past problems. I just talked to you today on the phone and ordered a DC/Comp 3 in black for my Glock 22. (I am the guy from Crossville, Tennessee) This is actually my first post on this site , and I am taken back to say the least to see this topic , not even a few hours after talking to you on the phone. (A post with your name , and a exeption to the rule) Wow ! Small world huh ?
Eric,....I am aware that bad things happen to good people, and sometimes priorities , direction , as well as sanity can easily take a back seat to the financial fallout due to crisis......I am not going to lie to you and tell you that I am not concerned because you gave me a specified time as to how long it should take for you to have my holster delivered. I have a check sitting right here on my desk right now that I filled out tonight which I plan to mail first thing in the morning.
I am going to go ahead and mail this check in the morning because I have been looking for a very long time for the specific holster that I ordered today. I also beleive in the quality of your work, because , lets face it,...it speaks for itself. The quality of your workmanship is not in question. The fact that you have gone long periods of time with out returning calls , and not being consistent and reliable with fullfilling your orders in the past is. But, since you are seemingly getting back on track and seem to be making others happy (as evidenced by the latest posts on this thread) I will go ahead and mail the check.
I posted a thread on another website (GT), allong with pictures of your work praising the quality of your work not even two hours before I accidentally found this site. I had more than a couple of replies just today that they are interrested in placing orders. All that I ask is that if you give your word, try your best to live up to it because if you don't, you are going to make me look bad.
I will stay tuned in to this thread, and will be happy to post pics of the finished product once it arrives on BOTH this site , as well as the other one that I previously mentioned.
Eric,....God Bless. I hope that things work out for you as you struggle to get your bussiness in order. You will be in my prayers.

I appologize for the rant,..... SMSTRICK

#101 · (Edited)
Well guys, don't be to surprised. I'm just taking enough orders to pay for materials/supplies. I need to buy leather to make all of the holsters I'm catching up on.

I take a couple of orders a week and they pay when the holster ships.

Unless you guys know where they give away Herman Oak leather....I wouldnt be to shocked by this news.

Shoot well and god bless

#103 ·
Eric,

I have decided to withdraw my order that I placed with you yesterday. I have not mailled the check yet, so I just tore it up and threw it in the garbage. I changed my mind on the whole deal due to several reasons,...the first being my gut instinct telling me that if I were to get screwed over or had to wait 15 months with no holster or returned call,...I would have it coming and would kick myself in the ass for taking a risk with my money. I also have a hard time understanding how I can be promised that my holster will be ready and shipped within 3 - 4 (no later than 6 ) weeks while others have been waiting over a year already without calls being returned after money has already changed hands.
I will be blunt here (with no disrespect intended.) After posting on a thread on another site (GT) in the "Carry Issues) forum, as well as messages on this thread, I have been receiving SEVERAL messages from unhappy customers trying to get me to rethink my decision before sending the check. Well,.....as a result, a beleive that I have made more of a qualified decision in deciding to withdraw my order .
It is very clear to me that the real issue and concern from others is not as much the long wait on the holsters, as it s your integrity, honesty and dependabilty, ........... overall. Frankly, it is clear that trust and professional courtesy is also in question when you do not take the time to return calls from customers who are just trying to inquire as to whether they have been lied to and ripped off or not.
I at first was willing to take a risk and give you the benefit of the doubt,...but after receiving so much information,....I have decided not to.......God Bless !
Sorry for the long rant. :smile:

#104 ·
Well...I cant say I blame you. My reputation has been earned as I have really screwed up in the past....and as this thread indicates...I whole heartedly admit that.

If you remember our conversation....Im only taking enough orders to buy supplies to keep this going and I only ask for money when the product is ready to ship. You wanted to send it sooner in hopes of getting the holster sooner...I said Id see what I could do. Either way...if you still want a holster, Ill call you when its done and you send the money then...thats still up to you.

Some want to send it before that...say when the leather is cut and thats fair also....it takes the same amount of time to finish a holster once its cut, to get a check from across the US. God bless our postal system.

To each their own and no worries. There are lots of other great makers I can recommend to you as well as many others on this site that can also.

Shoot well and god bless

#105 ·
I waited the same time as most, just over ten months, with the same broken promises a couple times. It was frustrating to say the least.

I did get my holster about two weeks ago. I have to say it is very well made and more then I hoped. While it was a long wait, the final product was outstanding.

He is a skilled craftsman of top quality. I do hope he gets things straighten out and becomes the top holster maker he is capable of.

#107 ·
re holsters

Say what u want, this guy makes, the most eye catching holsters,as well as the best quality holster money can buy, u want to wait buy a sparks holster, and talk about no communication, so what the heck.actions speak louder then works,and he is producing now, UBG backs him up, id give him a shot....just my 2c:danceban::danceban::gah::gah::congrats::congrats:

#108 ·
Had a pleasant surprise today - I found my new GS tuckable in the mail!

It is a beautiful piece that fits more comfortably brand new than any other hoslter I have ever worn even after being broken-in.

This is the 4th holster I have carried this gun in... The first was just an inexpensive nylon IWB (not tuckable) that I wore through the cold months and could conceal under a jacket. Not uncomfortable, but not a great holster either.

The second was a C-tac tuckable that I hated from the start. It's on a back shelf in my closet and one of these days I'll get around to putting it on e-bay.

The third was a High Noon tuckable that I still like very much. It is leather, was in stock and was very inexpensive. I think it was well worth the dollars (about 35 bucks + shipping as I recall).

But this one... Though I waited much longer than I was told I would, and though several other promise dates came and went without the holster being delivered, I am very pleased with what I have received. Eric IS a fine craftsman. And I even had a nice conversation with him today (he answered his phone when I called) to discuss a minor concern I had with the holster. He addressed my question and had a very valid reason for designing the holster this way. Was it worth the wait? Well, yes. A definite yes.

Now, maybe I'm strange - but I spent about the first twenty minutes with the holster held up to my nose just smelling the fantastic smell of the leather :biggrin2:

I hope you who are still waiting feel the same about your holster when you receive it.

#111 ·
Well guys, got a letter in the mail from Eric's lawyer. I guess I've been included in his bankruptcy filing. Have been sending emails, private messages and leaving messages on his phone and had no response. According to the letter I can't contact him to see about my order. Anyone else get one of these? Don't know where this leaves me on my leather orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.