Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Larsen and HBE Leather Problems

54K views 250 replies 99 participants last post by  Bumper 
#1 ·
We are very aware of the problems many of you have been having with orders that you have placed with Eric at HBE Leather. While we have tried to keep all holster-related complaints out of the forum (see this thread for more information: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23274) we are going to make an exception to the rules and allow it since many of you have are left in limbo after possibly losing your money. All other forum rules apply here (no flames, etc) and viloations will be removed or the thread closed down.

I want everyone to understand, however, this is the one thread that discussions of this problem will be allowed....

#237 ·
very happy with Eric and his HBE holster

I had been looking at holsters for quite a while and really liked HBE Leatherworks DC Tuckable holster.

I seriously considered getting a Comp-Tac CTAC or MTAC holster. When I found this thread on Eric's problems a few months ago I was hesitant to order from him.

I decided to give HBE a try anyway and I am glad that I did. I ordered the DC Tuckable. Eric was very helpful throughout the process of ordering and communicating with me when I inquired about the status of the order. It took him exactly 2 months to make my holster.

I've attached some photos. I wasn't able to get the lighting and angles right to do it justice. The holster is well made and I am very pleased. I would not hesitate to place another order with Eric.

#238 ·
I deleted the posted waiting time that a member mentioned concerning the waiting or delivery time for a Milt Sparks holster since the delivery time that he posted was very factually incorrect.

The M. Sparks estimated delivery times are posted on the Sparks web site and that is the delivery time for one of their rigs.

Please keep the comments in this thread on topic to HBE.

Thanks.

#242 ·
I "tried" to place an order with HBE a year ago. And Eric stated my card would not be charged until the leather has been cut and Eric would call before it was charged and it would be completed and shipped within a few weeks after the card has been charged. I believe at the time his forecast was 12-16 weeks which I was ok with. A little background info, My Card number had been compromised a few months back from some other shady business owner and $500 was taken from my account. So I made it a habit of only keep around twenty dollars in there and transferring money from savings when I needed it to avoid future problems. Needless to say that the next day I got a call from Eric stating my card had been declined and I needed to call him with another form of payment. I never called him back due to the fact that, I did not trust him anymore. I am glad I did not call him after thumbing thru this thread. My heart goes out to all who got screwed by Eric and his questionable business ethics.

#243 ·
I read through this post and decided that Eric has made an effort to right any wrongs he might have made. I then decided to call him and order a new holster.

He was up front with his delivery time of 6 to 8 weeks and was very helpful with what I was after. He told me he would call and get payment when he was ready to cut my leather. About 5 weeks later he contacted me to verify the order (which I changed a bit at that time) and get payment. I had my holster in hand about 10 days later.

The holster is a very nice brown OWB holster with black sharkskin reinforced mouth. I could not be happier with my gun leather or with Erics treatment of my order.

I feel for those that might have been stung by his problems in the past but I believe Eric will make it right if you contact him. I also believe that you would be safe to order a new holster from him today. I know that I am happy with my experiance with Eric.

#244 ·
XD45Golfer
To be fair to Eric - you actually did not get screwed or cheated by Eric if your credit card was declined and your business transaction was negated/terminated before it even began.
Just to keep things straight.

#245 ·
New HBE, and quick

I always wanted an HBE so I called Eric and talked to him about it - mostly to see how things were going and because I heard he was filling new orders in between the backlog in order to get money to buy leather etc for the backlogged holsters. We all know he made some mistakes we don't need to rehash that. Eric answered the first time I called and was very easy to talk to. I talked to him about what I wanted and he said he could do it in 2-8 weeks. I was skeptical and shocked because I have followed this thread and this situation for over a year. I decided to take a chance since he said he would not call for payment until he started to cut leather. He called me 8 days after my phone order and I arranged the PayPal payment and the holster was in my mailbox 15 days from my phone order.

I know this will (understandably) irritate anyone who has been waiting for their holster for a long time, but I think we should all be glad he is taking new orders so he can produce all the holsters people are waiting for. My understanding is that under backruptcy he doesn't have to make any of those, but has committed and promised to make good on all those. I don't know how many he is behind, but I think if he doesn't get new orders, those old ones may not get done. If you want an HBE I would call Eric and order one. I would order another (and may).

JIM

#248 ·
Horsey Hide

The holster is shown before I wore it - brand new. I did not order it burnished, but it is horsehide and that does not take dye as well, so I think it is just the way horsehide in this color looks. I love the holster - after having a Don Hume and a High Noon, this is unbelievably slim and I can wear some shirts I couldn't before because of printing. I am coming to the realization that I don't like the tuckables. It just appears like there is an odd lump in my waistband - even with this extremely slim holster on a tiny PM9. I guess my pants are too tight - looser pants would obscure it better (back to the treadmill). I do have situations where I tuck it so having the option is nice. It is very solid as a nontuckable and stays in place on my waistband even when I drop my drawers (not in public so as to avoid a charge of "brandishing.") I do like the off-set clip and it has a little hook so it stays rock solid on your belt or even your pants under the belt.

The holster is a Pro TL (thinline) tuckable in horsehide.

JIM

#249 ·
I currently own 4 holsters made by Eric. He has always been a stand up guy to me. The most recent order was delivered in 8 days. It appears Eric is back on his feet. He has made good on orders that he didn't have to and has taken his lumps. I'd like to see this thread die a slow death. I'm sure it's sore spot for Eric. There is currently a thread titled shark attack in az. May I sugest any and all compliments be added to that thread?

#251 ·
I agree that the time has come for this thread to go ahead and die. It sounds like he has turned himself around and I would rather this thread not be an albatross around his neck. This thread is hereby closed.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.