Going to an IWB holster

This is a discussion on Going to an IWB holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Currently, I use a tuckable IWB holster, and I have not changed my pant size yet. It is true that at the end of the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Going to an IWB holster

Currently, I use a tuckable IWB holster, and I have not changed my pant size yet. It is true that at the end of the day, my jeans are a little stretched, but after a washing, they are back to normal!

My suggestion is find the holster that you feel comfortable, and then test it out with your current wardrobe. If they are too tight, take your holster into the store and try on a few pairs!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I wear jeans 99.99 percent of the time and I buy them to fit without the gun....my j-frame always slips in with no problem....and jeans will stretch a bit anyway...unless you wear them tight, your regular size should work fine...it also helps to find the thinnest IWB for your gun that is still molded for decent retention...I use a Del Fatti horsehide with an offset clip sans reinforced collar since I'm not worried about a one hand tactical re-holster...

I am a big proponent of Don Hume for inexpensive good quality leather. I personally wear a PCCH for my GLOCK 23.
    www.donhume.com
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Try a Crossbreed

Quote Originally Posted by never_retreat View Post
    I'm going to put a spin on this post, I been browsing the web now for a few hours and I need help. Where can i get a good quality lower cost (100 bucks or so) holster. And not wait 3 months to get it. I was looking at the high noon Closing Argument seems to be nice and have a feature or two I was looking for. A piece of leather between me and the gun and the ability to tuck in more than an inch of shirt.http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod..._argument.html
    Oh by the way its for a Hk usp compact 9mm

You might look at Crossbreed holsters. I have one and love it. It has a large leather shield and a kydex other half. It is tuckable, and very thin because of the kydex.

Jim

Lead Moderator
    I have found 2" with a double stack gun(Glock, ect), 1" for a single stack(1911).
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    2" is perfect for me too!

1911 / Glock-23
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I don't buy bigger pants, I wear 36" in jeans and usually a 38" in dress pants. I carry a 1911 or a Steyr M40 in IWB, either a SideArmor or a CrossBreed. When things get too tight, you know it's time to eat less and exercise more.

Quote Originally Posted by sportkcjc View Post
    None, before you change your wardrobe, try your rig in your every day jeans. Maybe I'm the exception but I haven't bought larger sizes.
    XD-40 SubCompact with OD Green frame

Comp-Tac CTAC or Infidel. I have both and they work very well. I like the C clips on the CTAC the best. Comp-Tac usually ships quickly getting product to me within 10 days of my order. Comp-Tac makes great range holsters as well.
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbolyard View Post
    You might look at Crossbreed holsters. I have one and love it. It has a large leather shield and a kydex other half. It is tuckable, and very thin because of the kydex.

Jim
    +1 on the Crossbreed. I am on my second one. First was for my Kimber. New one is for my snubby. Can't say enough good things about them. Last one came in a little under 4 weeks. Choose wisely.
    In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.

Rights are like muscles: If you don't excersise them they slowly disappear.

never retreat,

I found that the relaxed fit levis or wranglers, a size larger will accomidate most of my holsters very comfortably. Since you do not want to wait, make a phone call to Collectors Firearms in Houston, TX. Ask them to go over to their enormous holster selection and look for a Tucker Heritage for your gun. I have three of them and they are superbly made and very comfortable to wear. Here is one of mine carrying a CZ75BD. I bought mine for $75.00 off the shelf there. I am sure they would ship it to you. It's everything you want, tuckable, body shield and the two clips are the only way to go for stability.

The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Depends on the jeans as well. Lee/Levi/CK/RL all different.

Try your rig with an old pair first, then at a store where you usually shop.

The belt should be about 2" larger than measured, not manufacturer's belt size.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

I wear relaxed levi's. With a XD-45c in a Comp-tac C-Tac I can fit it fine in my normal 33in jeans. 34in is just a little bit more comfortable if I happen to have a big meal.

So 1 inch more for belt and jeans. The holster is slim, but the gun is not.

I do IWB exclusively (XD45 Service in Blade Tech til I get my VM2 for my Sig 220 Carry SAS) and I haven't had to adjust my pants size. I don't buy "tight" fitting jeans/pants/shorts anyway, just comfortable. I've found that the cotton stretches to accommodate my pistol and holster just fine. So much so that when I remove the holster and pistol, the jeans or pants are loose. As has already been mentioned, try your rig with your old jeans/shorts/pants before you buy.

I've not had the need to go to a bigger waist size with my IWB, Try your rig, before you go buying larger pants. You can also try those slacks with the elastic or adjustable waist tabs.

As for finding a good quality holster, you must expect to waist on a custom one. The length of the wait depends on the vendor. Some have short wait times of a few weeks, while others can be over a year. Try KD Holsters or UGBHolsters, the more popular they get the longer the wait.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links