What to get, Oh what to get! - Page 2

What to get, Oh what to get!

This is a discussion on What to get, Oh what to get! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by nextlevelcell now even more choices now....damn......... so is it worth the $125 for the tucker??? or i was looking at the summer ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by nextlevelcell View Post
    now even more choices now....damn.........

so is it worth the $125 for the tucker??? or i was looking at the summer comfort for $54.99 fro the M&P...any thoughts?
    The Tucker is absolutely worth the bucks. I carry my 1911 in comfort all day every day. And it holds up over time.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

so i see rom a bit more searching on here that there seem to be about 3 top dogs everyone recomends

k&d
    Broom
    &
    Tucker

So who happens to have all 3????

if anyone does and can give a honest feedback about them. I like the $64 price pretty good. that is about what a Galco will run me, well i found it for $55, but whatever, either which way i do like the design of the "Super Tuck" someone, if you are out there, with all three please let me know waht you think about each one.

You might also consider Mark Garrity, he does some really impressive work too: http://www.garritysgunleather.com

Galco, Bianchi and the like will work for what they are and there's nothing really "wrong" with them but they're definitely not custom rigs. I also prefer being able to speak directly with the guys making my holster. The ability to get personal advice and custom features more than balances the slight increase in cost and delivery times.
    Jack

very true maclean3.

I just got done talking to Nate at UGB, which crazy enough happens to be mine as well....anyway sounds like a good guy. I talked with him a bit and put in at least 1 order for now for my S&W 910, for the Striker. I am so excited as he said i might be actually receiving it by the 6 week mark. I am not going to get my hopes up like a little kid, but man I kinda want to.... I am also excited to maybe get another manufacturer's holster for my S&W M&P and see what some of the differences are.......hmmmmmm

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nextlevelcell View Post
    i have heard of FIST before, agian no one with any real world experiance though\.....

I used a FIST K3 with my old Taurus PT111. Very comfortable. The kydex is paper-thin, which makes for a very slim overall concealment package.

I have the FIST #42 Driving to Crossdraw holster for my USP .45 and I really like it. It really came in handy when Ohio had the silly open carry only while in a car rule. It holds the gun tight and is easy to draw from.

Crossbreed is another one you might look at, same as Tucker but about 50 bucks cheaper. I would get one that has the spread apart supports and not the single belt clip. I feel all the ones mentioned above would work great.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Glock 'em down View Post
    Did he reinforce yours with metal or kydex? Or with just another piece of leather over/around the mouth of the holster?
    Recently received my UBG Canute and Nate actually forgot to reinforce the mouth of the holster, but it is still pretty sturdy with just the 1 layer of leather.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links