Kudos to Sam Andrews on his MacDaniel II

This is a discussion on Kudos to Sam Andrews on his MacDaniel II within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a MacDaniel II from Andrews Custom Leather http://www.andrewsleather.com for my Colt Commander a while back, and recently had the opportunity to spend 4 ...

Thread: Kudos to Sam Andrews on his MacDaniel II

I bought a MacDaniel II from Andrews Custom Leather http://www.andrewsleather.com for my Colt Commander a while back, and recently had the opportunity to spend 4 days training with it. I probably drew and re-holstered 500+ times over 4 days, and I wore it for about 16 hours per day.

I have to say that I am very very impressed both with the design as well as the quality. Other than some scuffing of the inside leather from the very sharp edges on my Colt, the holster looks brand new. It is very concealable, and very comfortable.

There were many times that I forgot I had it on. A number of people in my class had positive comments and questions about the holster, and at least one guy was planning to order one for his Springfield GI.

Thanks to Sam for making a great product, and having the personality and customer service to go along with it.

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by bobernet View Post
    I bought a MacDaniel II from Andrews Custom Leather http://www.andrewsleather.com for my Colt Commander a while back, and recently had the opportunity to spend 4 days training with it. I probably drew and re-holstered 500+ times over 4 days, and I wore it for about 16 hours per day.

I have to say that I am very very impressed both with the design as well as the quality. Other than some scuffing of the inside leather from the very sharp edges on my Colt, the holster looks brand new. It is very concealable, and very comfortable.

There were many times that I forgot I had it on. A number of people in my class had positive comments and questions about the holster, and at least one guy was planning to order one for his Springfield GI.

Thanks to Sam for making a great product, and having the personality and customer service to go along with it.
    That's good to hear as I have one on order for my Walther P99c.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Have one for my Kahr and its great. Wish I had also ordered one for my Glock at the same time. I've been disappointed with some holsters from other vendors.

I ordered one on may 29th,I should be getting it any day now,I hope.Can't wait till it gets here. sj

I can not see the back side of the holster. Is there a belt loop or just the single loop on the holster that holds it in? Reminds me of one of my old Bianchi's I have, sans the loop on it. Thanks.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

mocarryguy,

Just the one loop. The holster is manufactured with the rough side of the leather out, so between the tension of your belt/waistband and the friction between the leather and your clothes, there's no need for a second loop.

The single loop allows for an almost infinitely variable cant.

The mouth is reinforced, which I like and some don't. It is far and away the best holster I've owned.

Best,
    Bob

P.S. About the second loop thing... I have found that at least for my body and where I carry, that the two loops are almost fighting against each other. The rear loop is trying to pull the grip in tighter to the body, while the front loop is trying to torque the gun the other way. I also find a single loop to be much more flexible with positioning - considering it seems that no two pair of pans or shorts have the belt loops in exactly the same place.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    The MDII has a steel torque plate built into it where the loop attaches. This keeps the holster from bending and "jacks" it in close when you tighten your belt. Of all the post I've read about the MDII, I have only seen a couple that have said that they did not care for it. No negative comments about build or service, just that they did not care for the holster. I have 5 - 6 of them and you'll find it to be one of the most comfortable holsters you'll find. Adjustable cant, and the leather band at the reinforced mouth rides just at the top of your belt and helps keep the holster from going any deeper in your pants. Between that strong back loop, rough side of the leather out, the leather at the holster mouth, and a good tight belt, this holster does not move. You can take a nap with it on, I have done it.

VIP Member
    I have one of these holsters for my Beretta 92/96-series guns....very comfortable; it conceals the Beretta very, very well.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Another happy customer here. Two McDaniel II's, a Carjacker, a magazine pouch and a taclight holder. I honestly forget I'm carrying sometimes and have to check t see if it's there. Of course it could be middle age fogging my brain as well but I prefer to think it might be Sam's work!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Yet again another happy MacDaniel II owner. Good service, reasonable wait time, excellent product.
    LegalRaptor
    The freedom to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins
    Oliver Wendell Holmes

Maybe I am missing it on his site, but is there a list of handguns he manufactures for? I also am a southpaw, should not matter here I think. Looks like solid product and I think I will try him out at least for my Kimber to start. Thanks.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Quote Originally Posted by mocarryguy View Post
    Maybe I am missing it on his site, but is there a list of handguns he manufactures for? I also am a southpaw, should not matter here I think. Looks like solid product and I think I will try him out at least for my Kimber to start. Thanks.
    I know he has a very wide selection of models, give him a call. He's very easy to deal with on the phone.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

I have never heard a negative comment about Sam Andrews and/or his products. He is one class act.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Does Mr. Andrews work in colors other than natural/light brown?
    I don't think I've ever seen a McDaniel II in black, cordovan, or any other color.

Not that it matters, I suppose. My wife is always telling me I own too much stuff in black.
    ;)

Thanks,
    B.

I guess I need to call him again.I ordered one from him on MAY 29th and so far I still have not recieved it.

Sponsored Links