? about the Blackhawk SERPA Holster for my XD9

This is a discussion on ? about the Blackhawk SERPA Holster for my XD9 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I finally settled on the Blackhawk SERPA holster for my everyday holster. However, there might be something wrong with mine. My gun seems a little ...

Thread: ? about the Blackhawk SERPA Holster for my XD9

? about the Blackhawk SERPA Holster for my XD9

I finally settled on the Blackhawk SERPA holster for my everyday holster. However, there might be something wrong with mine. My gun seems a little "loose" in the holster--it can slightly rock back and forth. It still locks into place and can't be removed unless I depress the little lever on it. I just don't remember the ones I tried out at the store being "loose" like that.

Is my holster defective? Is there something I can tighten? Is this normal?

2. Remove Ads

Actually, this IS normal. I have one for my Glock 22 and it also does this. Kind of annoying, but like you said - it still works the way it should. As funny as it may sound, Kydex is kinda like leather...in order to get a PRECISE fit in leather, you gotta go custom. Same with Kydex...if you want that snap in, no wiggle PRECISE fit, you gotta go with the respected Kydex makers - Comp-Tac, Blade-Tech, Center Of Mass - just to name a few.

Lead Moderator
    Isn't there a screw to tighten for increased tension?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Yes there is, and it does work to put tension on the draw (located just below trigger guard, but it does absolutely NOTHING to stop the weapon wiggle.

Glock 'em Down answered pretty well. One of our EMT's has one for his G-22 and it does the same thing.... Rock Solid Retention however until you activate the release.

I like them and am waiting for them to design one to work with my Insight light mounted.

I do hope they tackle that project with the SERPA over at Blackhawk.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Glock 'em Down answered pretty well. One of our EMT's has one for his G-22 and it does the same thing.... Rock Solid Retention however until you activate the release.
    After lurking for quite a while, this finally got me to make my first post.

I am a Paramedic in Kentucky, which has pretty liberal gun laws to say the least. But noticed you said an EMT carries!!!!

Every agency I can think of in Kentucky and Southern Indiana refuses us the right to carry, or we will be terminated if caught.

Just curious if this is just who you work for, or state law.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post

I like them and am waiting for them to design one to work with my Insight light mounted.

I do hope they tackle that project with the SERPA over at Blackhawk.
    Actually, Blackhawk DOES make one that will fit your weapon with the M3 light attached...however...it does not utilize the "Serpa" retention system.

But...

It does have a retention that I actually like better than the Serpa. It's a little hood that goes over the back of the slide, partially covering it and it is released using the thumb. It's not a thumb break, per sey, but more like a button that you can't help but hit while gripping the weapon that causes the retention device to spring forward releasing the weapon. And, it is a SUPER fast draw! However...as of right now, it is only availabe in the low riding "duty" holster model. Blackhawk also makes a threat level 3 holster that utilizes this particular retention device AND the Serpa retention as well that can also accomodate a weapon mounted light...but...it is fitted for THEIR brand of weapon light light only - the Xiphos.

No...the holster WILL NOT work with your M3 or any other light.

www.blackhawk.com

I have been wearing it around my house today and the wiggle doesn't really bother me. I don't even really notice it wiggling. I would however like to get a better belt.

I just wish they made one for my IA 1911

FMC

Links