Middle Of Back Carry? Anyone?

This is a discussion on Middle Of Back Carry? Anyone? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I use that method, it IS very comfortable...and it works for me. I don't buy the 'dreaded' spinal injuries...if you carry strong side and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Middle Of Back Carry? Anyone?

Arrow I Do Sometimes Carry IWB/SOB...

When I use that method, it IS very comfortable...and it works for me. I don't buy the 'dreaded' spinal injuries...if you carry strong side and slipped on your hip...what?...no injury then?

The last time I fell flat on my back was in college (40 years ago), I'd tell you about it, but I don't remember a thing!

My SOB holster is actually at about 5:00, not over the spine. I can sit, drive, ride my Harley, whatever...no problem. I guess I found that spot in the 'folds'...where the gun hides, and I can get it quickly.

Let my also clarify! I believe that I have seen some OWB/SOB's that I thought were awkward and unsafe for SD reasons. My weapon CANNOT be seen anymore than when I carry IWB/strong side (at 3:30).

Remember, my IWB carry strong side and SOB are only 1.5 hours apart...3:30 swings around to 5:00...I believe that we are experiencing a 'nomenclature' problem here...you have to see it to understand that it works.

Actually, if I were to get into a tussle...I would feel more comfortable with the gun at 5:00 than at 3:30...while rolling around on the ground...but that just isn't going to happen!

I know of several others who use that same carry method also. Printing?...of course it prints if you bend over, just like it prints if you bend to the side with strong side carry...or perhaps, just lift your hands over your head...
    I'm very congizant of that fact, I make sure that I DON"T print.

OMO...others certainly vary...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Several years ago I thought that MOB carry would be sexy and heard all the conventional wisdom about injuring the back, uncomfortable carry, etc. But, I went ahead anyway and, much to my surprise, the conventional wisdom was pretty much true when you wore the gun centered over your spine. A real pain in the - - - as it were.
    By he way I was carrying a Ruger hammerless SP101 with the 2.25" barrel. One day I just moved the holster a couple of inches to the right (I am right handed) and voila' it turned out to be a safe, comfortable, carry and I used it that way (beteen 4 & 6). As a holster for the middle of the back placement it sucks. As a holster for right of center it has worked well for me.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links