New Member With A Question

This is a discussion on New Member With A Question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all, My first CCW permit will arrive in about 30 days.I current have on order a IWB holster from http://www.bulmangunleather.com/pdc.html My carry weapon is ...

Thread: New Member With A Question

New Member With A Question

Hello all, My first CCW permit will arrive in about 30 days.I current have on order a IWB holster from http://www.bulmangunleather.com/pdc.html My carry weapon is a Para Ordnance LTC 45 ACP.Do any of you fine folks have any experience with this holster/weapon combination? I currently have a Don Hume IWB but it was made for my Ruger P95( a bit heavy for my taste).So I was wondering about your opinions on this setup....Thanks for your time.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    I think you'll find that is a difficult question to answer. Holsters seem to be individual type things, and folks tend to have drawers full.

My suggestion would be to look around here to see what is popular. You'll also probably get some good suggestions and a couple questions, since we have some of the finest holster makers hanging out here.

Also, since you mentioned weight...... Don't forget about a proper belt, sometimes that can make all the difference in the world!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I am so glad you mentioned the belt.I was just reading a post about that just now.Gonna get to work on it right away....

Asking about a holster is kind of like asking about what kind of shoes are comfortable...and you probably wouldn't like any of my shoes for your everyday wear.

There are a number of fine holster makers on this forum. I particularly like Fist Holsters, but that's me. See the Forum 'Help & Extras' above, click on it and go to Mega holsters...then search out the Fist site...just a start...I have dozens of Fist holsters...they work for me.

I might also suggest getting a box to put your 'used' holsters into...after a few duds...or good ones that just don't work for you...you'll figure out what you really like.

I do believe that over the long haul, you will find out that you get what you pay for...do get a quality, boned, leather rig...

Have fun searching...

Stay armed...use a good holster...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Josh makes a very fine product. I believe you'll be well served by his work.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I might also suggest getting a box to put your 'used' holsters into...after a few duds...or good ones that just don't work for you...you'll figure out what you really like.ret
    +1 on that used holster box

Nothing like waiting for something you don't use!
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I'm assuming you have the LW model of the LTC, since you said the Ruger's too heavy.

I also have a Para LW LTC, but I carry it in a Brommeland Max-Con V. It's a great combo & I couldn't be happier, at least in carrying that gun. When/if you bend forward, it'll print (Well, the grip will stick out), but it's comfortable.

I have no experience with Bulman's holsters, but he gets good reviews by those that have used his holsters.

How one likes a holster is so subjective. What one might like, another won't, but I would say your combo should work out fine if you're used to carrying IWB.

Good luck, oh yeah...welcome!
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Quote Originally Posted by cockedlocked01 View Post
    I would say your combo should work out fine if you're used to carrying IWB.
    You know, I have no idea how it will be.I admit the only reason I have chose a IWB is because a "knowledgeable" friend said it would be best.Firearms I know(been around them my entire life) Holsters....that's a whole different story. I reckon it's gonna be a trial and error deal.

Being your first IWB holster it's gonna feel strange, I can all but gaurantee that. Give it a week before you make a decision on whether or not it's right for you. That'll give the holster time to form to your hip and you time to both get use to the feeling and to find that "sweet spot" where it rides best.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland View Post
    Josh makes a very fine product. I believe you'll be well served by his work.
    Gary is a true gentleman. He never toots his own horn, and is quick to praise others. Let me do the horn tooting: Gary's at the top of my list. I have a MaxCon VI on order for my M&P 40 compact. I am anxiously watching the mail for this terrific holster. However, as has been previously stated, one man's pet is another's peeve. If you can get hold of a holster to try before you buy, do so. Otherwise, ask! There are a lot of mighty knowledgeable folks on this forum.
    LegalRaptor
    The freedom to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins
    Oliver Wendell Holmes

As many have said, what works for one, does not work for all. Secondly, you pay for what you get, so choose quality. At least it is a good start. Luck.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Links