Decent belt that isn't a bagillion dollars? - Page 2

Decent belt that isn't a bagillion dollars?

This is a discussion on Decent belt that isn't a bagillion dollars? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; you gotta define "inexpensive" for yourself. I bought one of them Liger belt-lil bit of rubbish that one was to ME. Ordered a Rafter S, ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Decent belt that isn't a bagillion dollars?

you gotta define "inexpensive" for yourself. I bought one of them Liger belt-lil bit of rubbish that one was to ME. Ordered a Rafter S, $50 and 5 wks waiting. This is by far, the best constructed belt I have (Hume, Galco, Wilderness, Beltman, Liger, Unc Mike's synthetic, Leather Creek) BUT its also very thick and may not fit some holster loops, like MS VMII, or Skyops.

I wear the Wilderness a lot because its comfortable and affordable. You may not need the Rafter's stiffness-depends on what you carry. I use the Rafter for P229R or USP-C 40.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

I just ordered two of the Looper Kydex belts (black and brown) over the phone. Shipping tomorrow......Ya gotta love this forum for all the info it provides

1943 - 2009
    Excellent advice so far. Nothing less than a dedicated gun belt will do.

I can't imagine why a $100 leather belt is much different than a $15 leather belt...
    Oh, but it is. As others have pointed out, you don't have to spend $100 for a belt, but if you buy one for $15.00, you'll be soooooorry!

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

I've been wearing one of the Blackhawk carbon fiber "dress" gun belts for about 6 months now, and have found it to be an excellent choice when you have to wear a dressier belt. Very rigid without being too thick, durable (so far), and looks pretty good (not as good as a really well made leather belt, but at half the price - or less - it's hard to complain). These run about $40. A possible alternative to the fine choices already offered, and since you're wearing a Blackhawk holster already...

http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum4115.php
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyW View Post
    You might also want to try the Looper Kydex. It's like $30.

http://www.looperleather.com/KydexBelt.html
    +1 on Looper leather goods.

A lot of us here in Oklahoma wear them. They are two thicknesses of leather with a kydex insert sandwiched in between. They are about $29.
    P.E.T.A = People eating tasty animals

There is room for all of God's creatures. Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    I've been wearing one of the Blackhawk carbon fiber "dress" gun belts for about 6 months now, and have found it to be an excellent choice when you have to wear a dressier belt. Very rigid without being too thick, durable (so far), and looks pretty good (not as good as a really well made leather belt, but at half the price - or less - it's hard to complain). These run about $40. A possible alternative to the fine choices already offered, and since you're wearing a Blackhawk holster already...

http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum4115.php
    Those are interesting. I wonder if they're similar in construction to the Liger belts. Personally, I use a Liger belt & waiting on my 2nd one (In dark brown). I like the thinness & the fact that they don't look like gunbelts.

Having said that, a belt that's made for gun carry will make you wonder why you put up with having a less expensive, normal leather belt. They'll stretch & roll on you, believe me.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    Excellent advice so far. Nothing less than a dedicated gun belt will do.

Oh, but it is. As others have pointed out, you don't have to spend $100 for a belt, but if you buy one for $15.00, you'll be soooooorry!
    I couldn't agree more. I just got my Tucker Gunleather Bullhide belt in yesterday and to say this thing is beefy is an understatement. I had no idea there would be that much difference from my $40 leather belt that I used to wear daily.

It holds my weapon so much more stable and secure and comfortable that it's unbelievable.
    Kimber Ultra Carry - CT Lasergrips
    Glock 19, 21SF, 29
    KelTec P3AT
    Built M4 Carbine - My Evil Black Rifle

K&D makes a really nice belt at reasonable prices
    There are no problems in life too large to be handled by the use of small arms and high explosives

In god we trust, all others are suspects

$10.00 transfers in Houston, Texas

I have 2 Wilderness belts and one Rafter. These are the best - no matter the price - that I have ever used. You could buy one of each for under $100 and have a dress belt and a casual belt!

Has anyone ever tried or know anything about the Filson double layer belts? I see they have them at the local Sportsmans Warehouse and they look pretty nice.
    http://www.filson.com/product/index....entPage=family

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

The beltman, last time i ordered it was 60ish bucks for a double think bullhide belt.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

TheBeltMan or Rafter S

I have belts from both and they work great.

Belt

I have one of the "instructor" style belts like the Wilderness. Mine's actually made by Galco. I wear it at work, but it makes a great holster belt off duty. It is a bit thick, make sure you get the right sized holster loops. It can also be tightened enough to make a great back support.
    As for a leather belt, I found one at a small local shop. The owner also makes holster purses and cowboy style holsters in addition to tons of other stuff, and fit me for a belt with my Glock on and didn't mind a bit that I was carrying. I got a good solid leather belt that was custom fit to me and my gun for about $15. Actually I got more than one and now own about 5, although not all are gun belts, some are for dress or uniform use. When I lost a bunch of weight, he adjusted them to the new size, with my gun on, and didn't charge me. The benefits of shopping local, can't do that over the internet. There are plenty of cheap Tiawan belts for sale at the local flea market as we all know, this is different. Maybe you could look at the local "biker" custom leather type place or find someone local (or meet me in Daytona, I'll show you where to go.)

VIP Member
    The best belt on the planet, bar none, is the Looper Leather kydex lined belt. They are well known to everyone Oklahoma- but their small business isn't well known to people outside the area. If you visit the Oklahoma Shooting Association website's forum you'll see new posts about how great they are on a weekly basis.

Here is a link to the kydex lined belt.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    The best belt on the planet, bar none, is the Looper Leather kydex lined belt. They are well known to everyone Oklahoma- but their small business isn't well known to people outside the area. If you visit the Oklahoma Shooting Association website's forum you'll see new posts about how great they are on a weekly basis.

Here is a link to the kydex lined belt.
    Ho much do these belts cost? I may be blind, but I have yet to be able to find a price on the Looper site.

Thanks, Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links