Decent belt that isn't a bagillion dollars?

This is a discussion on Decent belt that isn't a bagillion dollars? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; try a police uniform shop and you can get a good one off the shelf for cheap....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Decent belt that isn't a bagillion dollars?

me
    try a police uniform shop and you can get a good one off the shelf for cheap.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by BruceGibson View Post
    Keep in mind, I can totally wreck one at almost any stage in the process.
    That's the problem with hand work. Since Mr. Murphy is truly a sadist, it's usually the LAST step where you really screw up the project too :-(
    I have to force myself NOT to punch holes or belt slots in anything I make after midnight. I have 2 or 3 prospective holster prototypes that were ruined by a simple slip.
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by plblark View Post
    That's the problem with hand work. Since Mr. Murphy is truly a sadist, it's usually the LAST step where you really screw up the project too :-(
    I have to force myself NOT to punch holes or belt slots in anything I make after midnight. I have 2 or 3 prospective holster prototypes that were ruined by a simple slip.

So true! I can't count how many I've destroyed in the final stages. And it happens to all of us. I wasted one the other day because the stitching was "goofy." Wandered all over the place. Great practice, but I can't ship it. We start again.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceGibson View Post
    Keep in mind, I can totally wreck one at almost any stage in the process. And I've ruined my share...heck, probably MORE than my share.
    Me too! If I had a dollar for every belt/holster/mag pouch that I've screwed up, I could easily take a week off and, well, gee - I guess I'd make more holsters. (We don't get vacations around here)

Oh come on Gary. As rich as you are you could afford to hire a few minions to run the shop while you and Remy take the kids for that month in Cancun ....... or was that the drive thru at Taco Bell, I forget?
    Jack

I must be jinxed. I have tried 3 times to contact Looper Leather about their products. I have left voice mail and email. No one will reply.

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    May sound really cheap , but I found a leather shop that did saddles And tac , western type stuff. They cut one for me and I got to pick from the leather he had. Stiff or not thin or thick. 39.99$. Look at some local flea markets to see if there is any one there.

Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    try a police uniform shop and you can get a good one off the shelf for cheap.
    My materials cost alone is over $30 a belt now. Like anything else, you'll get exactly what you pay for.

Truthfully, quality leather is getting scarce and tremendously expensive. I actually recommend Wilderness belts to my customers, if their mode of dress will allow their use. It's more "bang for the buck" than a good leather belt just because they (leather belts) are just so darn expensive to make (if they are done right).

Ron, If you call the 800 number and I think it is number 2 for leather you should get Suzanne's cell number. Whenever she didn't answer at her desk I called the cell number and she took my order.

Quote Originally Posted by 9x18shooter View Post
    Ron, If you call the 800 number and I think it is number 2 for leather you should get Suzanne's cell number. Whenever she didn't answer at her desk I called the cell number and she took my order.
    Thanks 9x18shooter, but I tried that. I left a message and asked to be called back. No reply. No reply to email...

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Bargain Leather Gun Belts

A good, quality gun belt is essential to properly support an IWB or OWB holster. And there are many sources of belts from dedicated holster makers, at premium prices. You often get what you pay for, but if you find a genuine bargain, why not go for it. On a rainy vacation day recently in the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee, my wife nagged me into accompanying her on a shopping tour of the "Craft Village" in Gatlinburg, TN. Well, I'm thankful that she did, for I wandered into Teresa Ownby's leather craft shop and found that she hand crafts leather goods at fantastic prices. I bought two hand tooled solid leather gun belts, 1 1/2 inches wide and a measured 1/4 inch thick, the stiffest leather I've found commercially, cut to my waist measurement, one black and one brown -- for $29.95 each plus tax. I've been wearing them ever since, and have never had better support of any of my holstered guns. You can order from Teresa by mail or phone. Contact her at The Leather Works, P.O. Box 711, Gatlinburg, TN 37738, (865) 436-4014. I don't whether or not she has a website, but you can inquire about it. Highly recommended

Ron, Sorry you are having trouble getting in contact with them. I have talked to Suzanne every time I have called. I think it is worth it to keep trying.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links