Gun Belt Questions

This is a discussion on Gun Belt Questions within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi All, I just want to pick your brains for a bit. I have kicked around for a long time getting a better belt for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Belt Questions

Gun Belt Questions

Hi All, I just want to pick your brains for a bit. I have kicked around for a long time getting a better belt for concealed carry. I am considering a Wilderness Instructors belt from Gary Brommeland. He has been very helpful in answering my questions!
    I really kind of want a leather belt, but they are definitely more expensive!! I know that K&D Holsters would make a great belt as well as the Beltman. I am an impatient old fart and I kind of want to buy this soon and not have to wait for it, but maybe that is just what I should do.
    Locally, I have been looking at a double layer belt made by Filson. Here is a link to some info. ( http://www.filson.com/product/index....entPage=family ). It is made out of bridle leather which I know nothing about. It seems like a real nice belt for the $$ but am looking for some input. The belt cost $65 + tax. Do any of you have any experience with the Filson belts?
    I would really appreciate any and all info. I will be out of town for a couple of days and will look forward to seeing what you have to say when I get back.

Take care, Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

2. Remove Ads

I have 2 Wilderness Tactical belts myself, and have had them for at least 6 months. I also have a leather belt. Both are very good. I tend to like the wilderness a little bit better though.

I wouldnt hesitate to get the Wilderness belt for one second. They are excellent belts.
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

Also look at the Operator from 5.11. Very similar to the Wilderness, and I find it more comfortable.

V

Quote Originally Posted by floridaguy911 View Post
    I have 2 Wilderness Tactical belts myself, and have had them for at least 6 months. I also have a leather belt. Both are very good. I tend to like the wilderness a little bit better though.

I wouldnt hesitate to get the Wilderness belt for one second. They are excellent belts.
    I couldn't agree more. The Wilderness belts are well worth the cost, even if you only use it as a spare. I got mine from Gary as well and had it in no time at all. I even wore it all day long hiking through one of our local state parks over Memorial Day weekend, great support and totally comfortable.

Somewhere on here I've got a thread with pics of my Wilderness belt with a 5" Mil-Spec, it supports that gun and associate gear with no problem at all - and the extra adjustability helps get just the right amount tension to support all the gear without being overly tight.

Go ahead and call Gary and Remy, it'll get you a good gunbelt fast and you can decide later if you still want a leather belt as well.
    Jack

No experience with the Filson belt, but my Beltman belt has been great for the year that I have used it. Turn around was 2 weeks for me then, don't know if it is the same now but it can't be too long. Very nice looking belts and he has lots of options too. Regular bullhide belt was about $70.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
    No experience with the Filson belt, but my Beltman belt has been great for the year that I have used it. Turn around was 2 weeks for me then, don't know if it is the same now but it can't be too long. Very nice looking belts and he has lots of options too. Regular bullhide belt was about $70.
    They say 3 weeks now-not bad...
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Quote Originally Posted by DirtDawg View Post
    They say 3 weeks now-not bad...
    Not bad at all. I wouldn't mind having both a wilderness belt and a leather belt myself.

I have to say, as my first purpose built gunbelt, the one I got from Beltman has been worth every cent. I think I got it a week or two ahead of expected shipping. I know I was suprised it came as quick as it did. Two layers bullhide is sturdy belt.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I use a Filson Double belt & like it a lot.

For years I have used an Akers polymer insert reinforced belt, but always found that I was constantly in between a notch with a IWB holster.

Finally broke down and tried a Wilderness 5 stitch belt from Gary when he first started selling them, not long ago. Needless to say, I could not even tell you where the heck my leather belt is currently! Haven't touched it or reached for it since the Wilderness arrived and I first slipped it on.

No more "in-between the notches" happenin' here! I love my Wilderness belt!!!

Pssstt,.....Gary has a special right now with free shipping on them, but you didn't here it from me.
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

Thanks for the replies guys. It does sound like the Wilderness belt is a very popular choice.

Thanks, Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Wilderness belt is great, but looks very tactical, so I would not say it blends with every day dress, unless your wear cargo pants or BDU's and vest all the time.

Beltman had a fairly prompt turn around, same for UBG. You might also find a ready made leather belt from Dillon's Blue Book, if you just can't wait.

I wear jeans everday unless there's a wedding or funeral to go to so the Wilderness belt doesn't look out of place at all, it looks great with my normal cargo shorts. Add to that, I generally wear an untucked cover shirt so about all anyone sees is the buckle and a coule inches of belt to each side - I also got the Coyote brown/tan belt for a bit less "tacticalness." I wouldn't wear it with slacks or a suit though, I'll give ya' that.

I keep looking at the beltman belts and just haven't taken the plunge yet. Of all the people I've heard that have one, I've never heard one complaint for any reason ... that says quite a lot for the sevice and quality.
    Jack

I'm with you on the Wilderness, got both of mine from Gunner's Alley in three days standard shipping.
    I have a few Rafter S belts for when leather fits the dress, these took a bit longer but work very well and a good value.

I use the leather Gunners Ally Gun Belt and like it a lot. Give them a try as most sizes are in stock.
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links