Getting ready :)

This is a discussion on Getting ready :) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK y'all CCW is done, paperwork goes in this week Got a Blackhawk Serpa L1 OWB, a C-TAC IWB and ordered a Brigade M-11 IWB. ...

Thread: Getting ready :)

Getting ready :)

OK y'all

CCW is done, paperwork goes in this week Got a Blackhawk Serpa L1 OWB, a C-TAC IWB and ordered a Brigade M-11 IWB. These are for my XD-9S. Have a Brigade M-1 Guardian OWB for my Beretta 96. Got several mag holders and they will work for either type mags. Taking both weapons to have XS Big dots installed (not at the same time...lol). What am I forgetting??

Eric

2. Remove Ads

los
    "Ammo" should probably be on the list as well......

Congrats.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Got ammo...just needs more...lol
    thanks los

Assistant Administrator
    What am I forgetting??
    Probably now just the measure of patience required as days pass and that mail box does not contain - what you most wanna see
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

A big steak for the bbq... some corn-on-the-cob....

gotta celebrate....

Howdy!

Welcome to the world of concealed carry! In answer to your question: For most people, it is training. What you took for your CCW was sorta like high school driver's ed. Since gunfights tend to be very unforgiving and seldom allow for a "do over", what you really need is something that would prepare you for the "Indy 500".
    John Farnam, Chuck Taylor, Louie Awerbach and Randy Caine would be my "A list" of recommendations. You'll spend big bucks and you'll sweat a bit - but when you have finished one of these courses you'll be about a thousand times more likely to survive an attack than you were going into it.
    Most shooters tend to focus on "stuff". Experienced street survivors tend to place way more emphasis on learning what to do with said "stuff".
    I would much rather face an inexperienced shooter with an MP5, than John Farnam armed with a J-Frame 'Smith in .32 S&W.

A GOOD gunbelt! Then mag/light holder.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Congrats i remember those days too "it wasnt that long ago actually" Get yourself a good gun belt, youll figure that out quick Also check into some good tactical defense training, youll be amazed what youll learn

Yes, a good gun belt, less you want your gun dragging down your pants on that flimsy dress belt.

Forgot to say that I had a new gun belt ordered with the M-1 holster and I've got a Surefire 6P with holster that I carried when I worked EMS :)

Quote Originally Posted by ncffp163 View Post
    Forgot to say that I had a new gun belt ordered with the M-1 holster and I've got a Surefire 6P with holster that I carried when I worked EMS :)
    Congrats. Sounds like you are moving in the right direction. I use my flashlight more than my knife and more than my gun.

Remember to carry in good health and avoid trouble when you can.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Talking Got a deal this weekend

I just got 2 cases of Rem 9mm 115 gr FMJ from Dicks Sporting Goods at 6.98/box case price. No .40 S&W left tho They had it on sale, plus I had the discount card too. And ordered 2 more Surefire 6P's and extra batteries. I'm getting there...

Eric
    NC CCH Instructor, NRA Instructor
    NRA
    GOA
    Beretta 96 Brigadier
    Kimber Pro Eclipse II 1911
    Taurus PT1911

VIP Member
    Well you don't sound short on enthusiasm. Good luck and enjoy.....

Last thing to remember is this is not a game as some seem to make it. It is of course one thing that can change the whole aspect of your life in a very short time frame. I get concerns when I read many of these posts, lots of bravado. That only goes so far when you are in jail and being sued for all you are worth and will be worth. Principles are what will keep you in the game, and awareness will help keep you out of trouble.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    However,
    It is new and very exciting the gentleman who posted this is taking the big step. Hes actually going to put his own personal safety and his loved ones safety into the only hands that really are responsible for that safety.
    MOCARRYGUY I'm not saying your not incorrect about worrying about going to jail, but to me thats one more guy on the street whos hungry for knowledge, good knowledge. Knowledge that some individuals who get paid to carry guns stop seeking. Not all, but some.

I praise the poster for asking questions and trying to gain any knowledge on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by mocarryguy View Post
    Last thing to remember is this is not a game as some seem to make it. It is of course one thing that can change the whole aspect of your life in a very short time frame. I get concerns when I read many of these posts, lots of bravado. That only goes so far when you are in jail and being sued for all you are worth and will be worth. Principles are what will keep you in the game, and awareness will help keep you out of trouble.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Links