I still don't have what I need

This is a discussion on I still don't have what I need within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While waiting on my CHL I have ordered 3 different holsters and I am pleased with all of them but none help me with concealed ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I still don't have what I need

I still don't have what I need

While waiting on my CHL I have ordered 3 different holsters and I am pleased with all of them but none help me with concealed carry with a nice dress shirt tucked in and slacks. Let me explain....

My CCW is an XD 9 Service. The holsters I currently have are a Hume 715M, a Galco Concealable and a Crossbreed SuperTuck. All are fine holsters and fit the weapon well and all are acceptable for a shirt worn outside of the pants. However, the SuperTuck just does not fit with my current wardrobe of dress slacks. I do not want give up 6 pairs of slacks to buy size 36 pants just to carry when I am more "dressy." The 34 waists I own now do not allow enough waistband to tuck a shirt inside of the ST.

I don't think SmartCarry will work and I really don't like the idea of the "boys" in close proximity with something that will go bang.
    Besides UC Comfort and DeepConcealment shoulder holsters is there anything else I am overlooking?

2. Remove Ads

MOST IWB holster require more room in waistband. Dress slacks are fairly unforgiving-esp in the smaller sizes.

The Galco Skyops works with dress pants-but that hook doesn't work for me, or my belts.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Tucked just doesn't work well for me. As for pants, I like the adjustable waistband, a bit more room can be helpful. If you are determined to going with a tuckable only occasionally, than perhaps a pair or two of adjustable slacks would help.

JD
    Administrator

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Teacher View Post

.... is there anything else I am overlooking?
    Yes, I think you are. Your gun is a little too big for tuckable carry IMHO. Your pretty much going to need a cover garmet a vast majority of the time, if not all of the time.

Save the pants and by a lightweight sport coat, or buy a smaller gun for those special ocasions.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Yes, I think you are. Your gun is a little too big for tuckable carry IMHO. Your pretty much going to need a cover garmet a vast majority of the time, if not all of the time.

Save the pants and by a lightweight sport coat, or buy a smaller gun for those special ocasions.
    I tend to agree here.

Before I took the job at a gun shop I worked at an educational service center. Because it wasn't a school it was legal to carry but it was anti-gun, to say the least. Because the dress code was business attire, I found it a little difficult to conceal a 1911 at times, therefore it was time to get a smaller gun for those days when the wardrobe required something a little more "fitting."

My Colt Mustang is perfect for those days. It's small and con be concealed in anything from a thigh-holster to just a small IWB holster that a light sweater of suit would conceal easily.

Sometimes you do need more than one gun and it's better to have a little gun you'll carry with you always than a big gun you'll leave at home because it's just to cumbersome.

.... is there anything else I am overlooking?
    Sure there is, you need a paddle holster option - and I just happen to have a nice one for sale in the 'buy, sell, trade' forum.

I don't think SmartCarry will work and I really don't like the idea of the "boys" in close proximity with something that will go bang.
    Don't worry about the boys, most IWB from 10- 2 are aiming 'there'. www.SmartCarry.com
    I will carry, at times, a Hi-Power 9mm double stack comfortably in one of these rigs without being pegged as armed. FWIW

My wife has a XD 9 subcompact which she won't let me have so maybe I should look for a smaller carry and put the service model on nightstand dutyand buy another gun. I really appreciate the comments and help.

JD
    Administrator
    My wife has a XD 9 subcompact which she won't let me have so maybe I should look for a smaller carry and put the service model on nightstand dutyand buy another gun. I really appreciate the comments and help.
    Good man Tim, when in doubt, buy another gun!

******...I let my wife read this thread and she suggested this:

http://www.concealmentconcepts.com/

or this

http://www.pagerpal.com/

Anyone tried one of these?

JD
    Administrator
    ******...I let my wife read this thread and she suggested this:

http://www.concealmentconcepts.com/

Anyone tried one of these?
    DON'T DO IT!!!!!! Use the "search tool" for a lot of negative info on the pager pal. You think you have problems trying to conceal in your current slacks.....

PAGERPAL REVIEW

Most of us don't like them IIRC.
    You are wearing a fake pager on your belt, in this age of zero pagers (unless you are a doctor) it is just odd...

Your right JD...I saw the picture of the guy using the pagerpal and it looked like he was "loaded"

JD
    Administrator
    Your right JD...I saw the picture of the guy using the pagerpal and it liiked like he was "loaded"
    Well that was my good deed for the day

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links