Is it possible

Is it possible

This is a discussion on Is it possible within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a super high ride OWB holster for my Glock 27 and my new Taurus PT145. (Thanks cockedlocked) What I am looking ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible

Is it possible

I am looking for a super high ride OWB holster for my Glock 27 and my new Taurus PT145. (Thanks cockedlocked) What I am looking for is for the bottom barrel of the gun to line up with the bottom of my belt. I know a lot of people say that a OWB holster is high enough but take a regular one and hike it up another inch or two. I am not looking to buy right away but in the future I will be looking to buy.

Can someone please help?
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

VIP Member
    There's a Mitch Rosen Ultra High Ride OWB for a Glock 27 on sale right now on e-bay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/RH-Mitch-Rosen-H...QQcmdZViewItem
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I have a Galco Quick slide that I bought for my Glock 27,
    but It does not fit me well. I can get the part number and a pic if interested.
    It does ride fairly high.
    Last edited by MarkG27; June 25th, 2007 at 10:21 PM.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I think you've asked me already, but here's another option from me.

I can make it where the barrel is at the bottom of your belt, but the belt slots will still extend below your belt.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Mark Garrity makes something about that high. Check him out - he does beautiful work.

Austin

Mernickle makes some very nice, very high riding OWB holsters.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Well, if Nate can do it, I'd go through him, but if not, check out KD holsters.

As I mentioned to you, KD makes a Mini-Belt-Defender. It comes with a thumb snap & I've seen one for a Kahr PM9, which isn't listed on his site, so it wouldn't hurt to ask.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Just bear in mind that the higher a firearm sits on your belt, the less stable it will be...This translates into a lower level of concealment as well.

With a firearm as short as a G26/27 I would not even consider making such a holster. If it is done right, there will still be very little muzzle sticking out below the belt slots (as mentioned earlier) and it will balance MUCH better.

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    I will agree with Gary on this one. Both guns are alot the same...very little muzzle below the trigger guard and both are double stack mags, putting the weight very high on the gun and leather.

With the center of gravity that high, you can build it out of 9-10 oz leather and over build the snot out of it to make it rock hard and stable for as long as you can. But it will soften and WHEN it softens up, then your gonna have a gun that FLOPS like no ones business...not aiding in concealment.

The point is both guns listed are really only gonna be about 1-1 1/2" below the belt line anyway with a regular med-med high ride ht.

Ive seen some very interesting holsters out there and some like this one....Im not saying it wont work...not at all. Im just saying its not gonna work like you want it to for as long as you hope it will.

Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Lead Moderator
    Maybe kydex , or leather with kydex re enforcing the belt slots and holster body.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator

I think even with Kydex or metal reinforcement between the laminations of leather you sure would need a mighty stiff gun belt pulled very tight & some good pant belt loops also.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I have a Bulman THR for my G27. It rides high with no cant and is very unstable if I don't wear it on my 1 3/4" Blackhawk Instructor belt. It is very comfortable for appendix carry.

Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Bulman is an incredible maker....and thats a great design. This sits lower than described in the post and gets floppy without the wide/stout belt.
    Just imagine one that sits higher and eventually gets soft....even with a proper belt might get very very unstable.
    Shoot well
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

This is an interesting design from Hoffner's for a revolver but it is a very high ride. Almost too much.

Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Hoffner makes an interesting highride holster for autos, too, & it's OWB.

That Bulman looks nice & is probably a pretty good way to go. It's not that much below the belt.

Elrey718, I imagine when you talked to Nate, he'd probably make something like that. His wait times are still relatively short, you know.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links