Range transport: how do YOU carry multiple guns?

This is a discussion on Range transport: how do YOU carry multiple guns? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I used to carry in the factory cases within my range bag, but now I find myself taking 3 or 4 guns to the range ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Range transport: how do YOU carry multiple guns?

Range transport: how do YOU carry multiple guns?

I used to carry in the factory cases within my range bag, but now I find myself taking 3 or 4 guns to the range instead of 1 or 2 and my bag isn't big enough. I thought of getting individual gun pouches, but I wanted to see what other cleaver or traditional options there were. Was hoping I could see some pics of how you all pack your weapons to take a trip to the range. Thanks

...and please, no "get a bigger bag" wisecracks! :)
    Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes...that way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

2. Remove Ads

One bag with two rugs. Any large frame or 'pretty' guns get a rug to themselves, knockabout/carry guns go two to a rug or slipped in a bag pocket.
    I generally take 2 - 4 handguns. The ammo is the real problem, I shoot a lot of ammo...

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Depends on the bag. If it has compartments or the capability of it, you can put a gun in each one. You can holster the guns & separate them with wrapped cardboard (Kind of like a home-made compartment separator).
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Someone on here posted a tool bag they got from lowes for $30 or something and they turned it into a large range bag.

I only have one gun right now :) so I don't really have any issues like this.

Assistant Administrator
    For handguns I like briefcases - filled with sponge padding. Usually with some ingenuity several guns can be arranged in one case and then when lid shut the sponge pressure keeps them apart. I have four cases which when carefully filled allow me to (potentially) take along a good dozen (or more )

Rifles usually rifle cases but also I often cheat by placing several on truck back seat - each protected from others by heavy blanket.

It is possible BTW to use a rifle case which has very tight fitting sponge - and arrange many handguns, adding if necessary extra layers of bubble wrap to ensure they do not touch each other in transit.

I have a pic somewhere of briefcase stuff at the range - will add if I find it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK this one will do - only two cases but you get the idea. A very enjoyable shoot back in early May when our member Ibex was visiting from Germany.

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    P95 - these?

You could always cut out a special section for your guns.

Assistant Administrator
    Haha - thx Joe ....... you were hunting while I was LOL.

Somewhere tho I have a pic of all four full up !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

kavity - indeed you can cut out - it helps but, downside is you loose the versatility - and so are committed to only certain guns per case.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

As said i use a ishot bag with 4 slots and then various rugs if i take more than 4

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    for handguns p95 has a good system , for myself its a pickup full in pelican cases and a rug to lay on .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    for handguns p95 has a good system , for myself its a pickup full in pelican cases and a rug to lay on .
    Jeez, you've probably got more in Pelican cases than I have in guns. Those things aren't cheap!

They make it so hard...

Just take me shooting with you, and I'll carry the extra bag

I got one of these. I didn't have to pay that much, if you look around you can get them for a lot less. It's a great bag and can carry four or five guns, mags and lots of ammo with no trouble.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

My Bulldog bag has a separator in the main compartment secured with velcro. I don't shoot long guns much anymore but when I carry multiple handguns I have my primary carry gun on my belt, another gun shoved behind the bag divider and anything else is in a gun rug in them main compartment with the ammo, earplugs, etc.

I only have a few handguns at the moment so don't have a need yet for dedicated cases. My planned Walther collection will likely ride in an aluminum Doskocil (sp?) case - the one with cut away foam that's briefcased size.
    Jack

P.S. Roadrunner:
    That's a great bag but more than twice the cost of my Bulldog ... a good bit bigger too though. Looks like it'd be REAL heavy fully loaded - does it come with a Sherpa?

I use an AWP tool bag from Lowe's. It has two zippered compartments. Inside one of them are a number of small open topped pockets that are perfect for one double-stack mag or two single-stacks. There is enough room for about 4 pistols, 600-800 rounds of ammo, eyes, ears, cleaning kit, etc. I attach my Nalgene water bottle to one of the strap D rings with a carabiner.

Very strong, inexpensive, and are just the right size for me. Not too big for one or two pistols and just a few accessories, but big enough to handle a larger load.

I think I paid about $20 on sale.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links