UCC shirt info.

This is a discussion on UCC shirt info. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been following the recent thread posted by Fed wif a Sig and after rechecking the UCC website at http://www.undercovercomfort.com/UCCHolsters.html I noticed that their shirts ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UCC shirt info.

UCC shirt info.

I've been following the recent thread posted by Fed wif a Sig and after rechecking the UCC website at http://www.undercovercomfort.com/UCCHolsters.html I noticed that their shirts are currently on sale for $59.95.

I normally wear a "wife beater" due to our outrageous Summer humidity so I'm debating between the sleeveless v-neck 2XHVneck and the UCCTank but the tank only has one pocket/holster per side while the 2XH has two and the website didn't really explain where it was positioned. I emailed Al for further info and promptly got his response - excellent custom service so far and a very promising sign, I'm about to place my order now.

Anyway, here's the the response I just got in case anyone else has wondered the same about the tank shirts:

Hello Jack thank you fro your inquiry, the holster on the UCCTank is centered towards the rear . The 2XHVneck and the 3XHVneck holsters have two holster one forward holster and one rear holster. Hope this is helpful.
    Al

UnderCoverComfort
    89 River Street No 787
    Hoboken NJ 07030
    646-312-0126
    www.UnderCoverComfort.com

Steve:
    I mentioned your name but Al didn't offer any discount. What gives? (j/k - but I DID tell him you've been giving him good reviews)
    Jack
    Last edited by maclean3; June 25th, 2007 at 08:59 PM. Reason: corrected sale price.

2. Remove Ads

Okay, order placed for one UCCTank. I also just ordered a pair of 5.11 jeans from Forum member ROLEX DR - great prices if anyone's looking for a bargain.

I'll post pics when the orders come in - should have my G19 by then too!
    Jack

I've got the v neck one and I like it but here in TN it's hot so if you're outside it'll be no fun

Glad I decided on the tank then. How's your shirt with the G19? Comfortable, stable, concealable, etc?
    Jack

Very comfortable. The first time it wasn't but it conceals very well i wear it at my PT retail job. Very stable. I carry my G19 and spare mag in it..
    Took a few times to get used to it but after that, it's child play.

I think it's everything that Fed said it was

I normally wear a "wife beater" due to our outrageous Summer humidity
    Is it more humid in Nashville than it is here in Memphis? Because I don't find it humid here at all.

But then, I just moved here about 18 months ago from the only tropical rainforest region in North America, the Gulf Coast, specifically Mobile County Alabama. Compared to that place, Memphis is almost as dry as a desert.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

It's not too bad here this year but a couple of years ago it was like death. I'm in Jackson

Like Daps said, it varies from year to year. The last week or so has been sorta rough but it's been worse in past years. August is about as bad as it gets here. We're fairly close to the Cumberland River so if you go to Beale or Front Streets in the Summer (that's the one by the River, right?), it's pretty close to that when it gets bad.

Compared to parts of AL and MS I've been through you'd probably think we're "arid" though. I don't go deeper in MS than Tunica now, too hot and sticky for me!
    Jack

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I'll throw in my 2 cents. I cant tell you what a UCTank will be like, I havent tested it. Last I heard, and I'm calling Al about them today, is that they had been cut by the manufactors last week and we're being sewn.

For me, I still prefer the v-neck sleveless models (2XH is my favorite) but I use the 3XH daily because it allows the carry of a soft trama plate and will just have my wife hack off the sleves.

I'm waiting on a new product from UC Comfort, that is their ChiroHolster which uses the same pannels as on a 2XH or 3XH but in a chriopractic belt, to provide back support. Once it arrives, it will be tested and posted.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

I wore an elastic back brace the last few months before I retired. It helped with the back pain I was having but by 2:00 I usually had to take it off and let my torso rest. I've though about modifying that to a bellyband type holster (of course, I'd have to buy a bigger size now).

I trust you'll post a review of the new holster, right?
    Jack

Would like to hear how you like the tank. You may want to mod you shirts some.

I normally wear mine at my PT job, I modified my shirts a little to make access quick. I think Fed mention snapped buttons.

I took a few buttons off, un did the stitching on the back side behind the eye and sewed the eye closed, sewed the button to the shirt where stitched the eye closed and then stuck a thin magnet in behind the sewed on button and restitched a pouch around the magnet so it wouldnt move

On the other side of the shirt were the button normally is I undid the stitching on the back side and slide a magnet in there and re sewed it and made a little pouch so that the magnet wouldnt move.

I used some of those thin fridge magnets they break away real easy when sliding your hand in to access the weapon.

Kind of hard to explain but if you look at a button up shirt I think you can visually see what I did

Sounds like a lot of work going the magnet route. I've thought about velcro backing or maybe even snap sets if I can find something discreet like fake buttons.
    Jack

It's not that hard and not that much work 15 -20 mins work. I think Fed uses snaps..

I dont think I'd used velcro, with my setup the magnets are weak when I slide my hand in to access my gun I spread my fingers and slide in, theres no obstuction..

I guess each to their own..

That's a thought. Not sure I understand how you're securing the magnets or the "pockets" you mentioned sewing in.
    Jack

Has anyone tried out their Tactical Shorts that work the same as the shirt? I have several pairs of snap-pants like are shown on the site and would love a way to carry when wearing them. Anyone?
    "While the wicked stand confounded, call me with thy saints surrounded."

Springfield XD9-SC
    1895 Chilean Mauser
    1981 Yugoslavian M59/66 SKS
    1943 Mosin-Nagant M-38
    NRA Life Member(when it gets paid for)
    Moving Eventually ... Montana or Wyoming anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links