DeSantis Nemesis not in the Pocket?

This is a discussion on DeSantis Nemesis not in the Pocket? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am about to get a XD 45 4" Compact and the dealer I am going to buy it from is trying to convince me ...

Thread: DeSantis Nemesis not in the Pocket?

DeSantis Nemesis not in the Pocket?

I am about to get a XD 45 4" Compact and the dealer I am going to buy it from is trying to convince me to holster the XD with a Nemesis holster either in the small of the back or side draw.

Is there anyone out there that use this pocket holster outside the pocket? I did take the holster out of its package and it is sticky on the outside so it won't drop down someones pants and it is smooth inside.

Thanks for any reply's.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    That sounds like a very risky venture to me. You would have next to no retention from friction, nor would reholstering be a viable proposition without being a contortionist and probably undoing your belt. Your best bet is to choose where on your body you wish to carry the gun, and then select a holster/belt system to accomplish that.

If cost is a concern, you should know that you can get a good gunbelt (Wilderness Instructor or equivalent) along with a reasonably good holster (nothing custom, but better than what your dealer is suggesting) such as a Desantis Tuck-This!, for about $70 total - that's less than most custom makers would charge for just a leather holster.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    That sounds like a very risky venture to me. You would have next to no retention from friction, nor would reholstering be a viable proposition without being a contortionist and probably undoing your belt. Your best bet is to choose where on your body you wish to carry the gun, and then select a holster/belt system to accomplish that.
    +1 The XD 45 still isn't all that light, I can see some possible issues in that configuration.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    +1 The XD 45 still isn't all that light, I can see some possible issues in that configuration.
    Just a few... does Desantis even MAKE a pocket holster large enough for the XD-45? If so, what is their intended market, the WWE?

Quote Originally Posted by Pbidwe View Post
    I am about to get a XD 45 4" Compact and the dealer I am going to buy it from is trying to convince me to holster the XD with a Nemesis holster either in the small of the back or side draw.

Is there anyone out there that use this pocket holster outside the pocket? I did take the holster out of its package and it is sticky on the outside so it won't drop down someones pants and it is smooth inside.

Thanks for any reply's.
    That sounds almost Mexican to me, with nothing but friction holding everything in place. I use a Nemesis for my PM9, but only in the pocket.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

You would be using that holster for something in which it wasn't designed for, and as such, would void any warranties, implied or written.

I would not use any holster in anyway other than which it was intended to be used.

A pocket holster is meant to be used in a pocket.

There are holsters out there for every shape, gun, and style of carry possible these days! 25 years ago, that wasn't necessarily the case, but today with ccw in all but a couple of "hold out" states, the holster industry has seen a real boom in demand and they are filling that demand.

Find something more suitible to your purpose and style of carry.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Personally and only personally....I think the gun store you went to is employed with an IDIOT! Sorry...but any so called professional that would recommend that, doesnt have a clue what he is doing and has no part in this industry.

Find a good holster and use it as designed...............

Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Nuff said!!! Being a newbie I needed a few experienced individuals telling me that this is not a good idea. I always figured that IWB with a clipped holster is the route to take with the XD 45. Thanks again for the help.

Links