Finally got my Fist #20

Finally got my Fist #20

This is a discussion on Finally got my Fist #20 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was told that I would receive it in 4 - 5 weeks. Unfortunately, it took about 8 weeks due to an injury among the ...

Finally got my Fist #20

I was told that I would receive it in 4 - 5 weeks. Unfortunately, it took about 8 weeks due to an injury among the Fist staff.

In any event, I am pleased with the holster. I had to leave my Kahr, unloaded, inside of a hanes sock and in the holster for two nights to break it in. The gun draws very well and one handed reholstering is a snap. It is very comfortable and the reinforced mouth sits nicely above the pants thus keeping the thinnest part of the holster inside the pants.

It is a very good design. I left the loops at the highest setting which seats the holster exactly where I like it.

Kahr P40 in a Fist #20 IWB and a 7 round mag in a DeSantis holder:
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Great looking holster but I have to ask --- inside a hanes sock? What do you know that I don't? Please share!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Quote Originally Posted by czman2006 View Post
    Great looking holster but I have to ask --- inside a hanes sock? What do you know that I don't? Please share!
    When I first got the holster I was very excited to finally use it. However, it was hard to holster it and VERY hard to draw it. Normally I go with a dress sock to break a leather holster in, but this one was TIGHT.

Two nights in the hanes sock (which is a little thicker than a dress sock) was just enough to break in the leather. The holster still retains the weapon very well, but drawing an reholstering are MUCH easier now.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I got my FIST #20 on Tuesday, happy up until the point where I realized that the loops didn't have snaps on 'em. Didn't dawn on me that this was an expendable option.

Hell ALL my leather holsters have snaps on the loops.

Now I gotta shell out another $5 + shipping for something that should have been included n the first place.

But it is VERY nicely made, detail nice, fit good right outta the box. Dyeing inconsistent (back) smell new.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

I ordered my #17A with body protector on 6/12/07 I wonder how long that will take???? Sorry don't like waiting this long for stuff

VIP Member
    Very nice holster. I have 2 ordered from them. Its been a month today on the first one.
    Talk about waiting. I've had a holster on order from, ok I won't say who, but a very well known holster maker. On the site when I ordered, it said 8-12 weeks , then a week later it said 12 weeks+. It's been 16 weeks and I was told it would be shipped out last Monday, but its a no show so far. Maybe tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be just tickled pink with it once I get it , but geeez, I doubt I'll ever wait that long on ANYTHING again.

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    When I first got the holster I was very excited to finally use it. However, it was hard to holster it and VERY hard to draw it. Normally I go with a dress sock to break a leather holster in, but this one was TIGHT.

Two nights in the hanes sock (which is a little thicker than a dress sock) was just enough to break in the leather. The holster still retains the weapon very well, but drawing an reholstering are MUCH easier now.
    You learn something new every day! Thanks and again, that is a great looking holster!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Links