Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed. - Page 13

Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed.

This is a discussion on Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; HK USPc 9mm in High Noon Mr. Softy (I changed the metal clip to a spare kydex I had lying around) Can you see? Wait...let ...

Page 13 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Thread: Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed.

HK USPc 9mm in High Noon Mr. Softy (I changed the metal clip to a spare kydex I had lying around)

Can you see?

Wait...let me pull my shirt as tight as possible....how bout now, can you see? (floor plate "tucked")

Floor plate out.

Floor plate "tucked"

If you can read this, thank a teacher; if you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by distortion9 View Post
    HK USPc 9mm in High Noon Mr. Softy (I changed the metal clip to a spare kydex I had lying around)

Can you see?

Wait...let me pull my shirt as tight as possible....how bout now, can you see? (floor plate "tucked")

Floor plate out.

Floor plate "tucked"

Nice setup. Is it comfy when sitting?
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by KYmxracer52 View Post
    Nice setup. Is it comfy when sitting?

Thank you and yes....very comfy. What's cool is that any minor adjustments that I may have to make are all just "natural". Like the way guys "tug up" on the top of the pant legs before sitting....same with getting out of my Jeep, just natural straightening out/pulling down my shirt.

BTW, my belt is a 5 dollar "Old Navy" job...rarely wear belts. As a matter of fact, I wear Adidas or Nike (nylon/polyester) running pants/sweats and carry the same way just by tightening up the draw string.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher; if you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

Sounds like a winner!!
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

I can see the attraction for appendix carry......but man i just can't get past the fact that the muzzle is either pointed right at privates or my femoral artery when holstering/unholstering.

whamonkey... let's face it, guns are DANGEROUS and should not be handled or carried except by those who can exercise the care and skill required for safety. Sometimes I carry AIWB, other times at 4:30 o'clock and ALWAYS holster with great care.
    The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

Quote Originally Posted by whamonkey View Post
    I can see the attraction for appendix carry......but man i just can't get past the fact that the muzzle is either pointed right at privates or my femoral artery when holstering/unholstering.

I hear ya but, you do get over it pretty fast. I would compare it to the way some are a little nervous about a cocked and locked 1911.

Gun stays in holster while being place in waistband, same when removing...so the trigger is always covered (and we all know that guns don't just go off on their own). Lately I've been getting into the habit of placing my thumb on the hammer too just as an added precaution.

If for some reason I have to holster the gun while I'm wearing the holster, I flick the safety on once holstered I flick it back off.

Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    whamonkey... let's face it, guns are DANGEROUS and should not be handled or carried except by those who can exercise the care and skill required for safety. Sometimes I carry AIWB, other times at 4:30 o'clock and ALWAYS holster with great care.
    Easy fella.......I wasn't asking for a safety lesson. You must admit that under stress there is a POSSIBILITY of an unintended discharge. That was one of the big drawbacks to SOB carry, the muzzle sweep across the back of the body.

Carry however you like, I was making a personal comment about a carry method I don't agree with. My intention was not to start a ******* contest.

I also don't see it as the same as cocked and locked, that has nothing to do with muzzle control.

I am carrying a Tanfoglio Witness .45 compact in these pictures.

Front view:

Back view:

Reaching high and to the right (maximum print possibility on the left side), reaching high and to the left (maximum print possibility on the right side):

Did you spot it?

The reveal (ignore the belly... it is being removed after playing Santa):

And here is the holster I made to accomplish this:

The T-shirt untucked and the jeans are my everyday wear. The shirt is a little smaller than I like, but it would be the worst case scenario.

I noticed that the front snap loop became exposed during one of the reaching pictures... I have snapped a D-ring through the loop and clipped the key carabiner through it. Now the loop looks like a key holder.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by mprasek; January 9th, 2008 at 03:40 AM.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mprasek View Post
    I am carrying a Tanfoglio Witness .45 compact in these pictures.

And here is the holster I made to accomplish this:

Is that a Milt Sparks Watch Six?

I love my Sparks VMII's, but I've replaced all the snaps with Chicago screws. I've always preferred to thread my belt and holster with my jeans off. Don't need those snaps!

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelineman View Post
    Is that a Milt Sparks Watch Six?
    Never mind. I found your other thread. Nice job!

whamonkey... easy, mi amigo, no problemo... no safety lesson intended, merely stating that however you carry, there is risk! Agreed that appendix carry points the muzzle in a place you definitely don't want to be shot... but honestly, if your gun goes off during a draw or reholstering, it's a bad scene. Exercising extreme caution while re-holstering is especially wise! And if you don't wish to carry appendix IWB, no need for you to do so. Some tactical trainers (Gabe Suarez comes to mind most prominently) advocate AIWB carry as the fastest most tactically superior method of carry but, obviously, it's not the only way to carry and it's not for everyone. Carry as you wish and enjoy! Best wishes from Valladolid, Yucatan, Mexico.
    The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

It's all good.....I needed some coffee.

I'm going to look into a CTAC 2'oclock some more.......

Quote Originally Posted by bluelineman View Post
    Never mind. I found your other thread. Nice job!

Thanks for the compliments and interest.

To clear up any confusion for others who haven't seen the other thread: This holster is NOT a Sparks Watch Six. It is a holster I put together because so few holsters are available for the Tanfoglio line.

I do admit that I stumbled on a post on another board about the switching out of the Sparks Versa Max II loops for kydex clips that had some pictures of the hardware used, and I incorporated a screwed together anchoring system in my design due to the simplicity of not having to find snaps that could go through numerous pieces of leather. However until I saw bluelineman's post, I hadn't been aware of the Watch Six holster, due to the popularity of the Sparks VMII.

However, the general shape and features of the holster are not a copy of anybody's design, but actually a spin off of attempting to make one of my OWB holsters do double duty as an IWB. Any resemblance to any holster is a coincidental side effect of holstering requirements, ergonomic requirements, and the fact that all of us use the same set of french curves to connect points of a drawing. I intentionally looked at the VMII to ensure that I did not copy any of the significant features of that holster other than the screws for strap retention, and even decided against reinforcing the mouth of the holster for that reason (and yes, one can one handed reholster the pistol).

I know that bluelineman was not making any inferences, but just asking the source of the holster. I also know that my post could be taken as defensive, but is not intended in that manner. In light of a series of topics about holster copying, I just wanted to clear the air.

I have lurked a long time at this board, and appreciate all the wisdom I can absorb from all the fine folks. You all had a hand in the design of this holster.

Later,
    M

(P.S. Some of this post has been reworded numerous times due to the complexity of expressing fine meaning without vocal inflection. )

Links