Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed.

This is a discussion on Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think you did a great job! After I saw your post where you stated that you made it, I looked at the Milt Sparks ...

Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
Like Tree217Likes

Thread: Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    I think you did a great job!

After I saw your post where you stated that you made it, I looked at the Milt Sparks VMII & Watch Six. You did not copy them IMO. The Sparks mounting straps are slightly separated from the holster, yours are not.

2. Remove Ads

Bluelineman-

Thanks again for the kind words.

M

Current carry setup is a Ruger SP101 2.25" barrel in .357mag. I've found the D.M. Bullard Dual Carry Concealed holster to be very comfortable.

I'm self employed so "shirt out" is normal for me. If I need to travel lighter for dress I carry a 642-1 in a pocket holster.

rd

I too am self employed carpenter and plumber so this style is common, no questions asked. Here is my full size HK USP .45 in an Uncle Mikes Sidekick IWB @ 4:00 with the retention strap I installed using a snap.
    Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg A.JPG (280.3 KB, 475 views)
    • File Type: jpg B.JPG (275.5 KB, 797 views)
    • File Type: jpg E.JPG (279.1 KB, 374 views)
    • File Type: jpg G.JPG (279.5 KB, 403 views)
    Think twice
    Buy once!

Here are a few shots of my Kimber UCII in a Milt Sparks Watch 6, and my HK P7M8 in a Del Fatti ISP-LP. The belt is a Rafter S sharkskin. Note: I'm not lefty, all pictures were taken in my dirty mirror.

See how tight the W6 pulls the gun in to my body? The slimline Alumagrips really aid in concealment as well.

More of the same using the Del Fatti ISP-LP. I've been carrying this more and more lately.

Concealed carry?

I forgot to post pics of my new Springer 1911.

Yes, its a fullsize 1911.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Skippy, what's the mag holder? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    Skippy, what's the mag holder? Thanks.
    Sorry for the later response. The mag holder is a DeSantis Mag-Packer (M-38). They have different sizes for different mags. This specific one was originally purchased for my SIG P229 (double-stack) mags. It just so happen that my 1911 mags also fit. Sweet!

Its great, you should buy one.

Tim Thurner IWB.

The keys to winning a gunfight are first to bring a gun and secondly to take your time, quickly.

Always remember that if your opponent is within range, so are you.

POWER TO THE MEPEOPLE!!!

I just got the Belt Man belt pictured below, and got the Crossbreed a couple of months ago. I've had the S&W .45 for a few years and got the Bianchi tac-light holster early to mid '07.

The first couple of pics are just to show what an amazing piece of structural architecture that Belt Man belt is! Also notice the Velcro sewn into the entire usable length of the belt in the first pic. That's what the Crossbreed is attached to. If it looks like either one of the boxes of Hornady ammo is holding any of the weight up, it's not, it's just a camera-angle illusion.

Anyway, the other pics are of how I carry most days, with the Crossbreed and my RAMI. If you know they're there, you won't have any trouble picking out the Velcro clips. But try imagining yourself as oblivious to how people carry and then see if this isn't the stealthiest way to carry while still having your weapon pretty easily accessible.

**EDITED to add:

Maybe I don't understand the term, "combat grip," but I have no problem at all slipping my thumb between the weapon and the leather to get a full-fisted, firm grip on the gun. How does the backing leather prevent, or even impede, getting a "combat grip?" What am I missing about the terminology? (I'm referring to the rather common complaint about Crossbreed's pattern for the leather backing interfering with attaining a "combat grip," which can be found in most threads where the Crossbreed is mentioned.)

Blues
    Last edited by BluesStringer; January 27th, 2008 at 04:15 PM.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington

Great thread! Let's keep it going.

Took my class Sunday, and I'm hoping to get to the sheriff's office tomorrow. So within 45 days I will be carrying my S40 AIWB in the High Noon Hidden Ally.

Sorry for the Fruit of the Looms
    "I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend" J.R.R. Tolkien

aaron, how is it when you sit down?

Not to bad. I direct the muzzle so it is just inside my right thigh. It does dig into my stomach if not positioned right though.
    "I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend" J.R.R. Tolkien

For appendix carry, I find a shorter gun is OK while sitting... my Glock 30 fits pretty well in appendix carry while sitting... I am 6'1". I wouldn't like to have a longer gun for appendix carry.
    The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    That RAMI setup is pretty cool. I've never seen anyone carry at half-cock, but it is feasible.
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!
    The year is young and another World Series championship awaits!

Links