Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed.

This is a discussion on Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by bluelineman Nice rig. Good job concealing. I would suggest getting a gun belt. I recently got a BeltMan 1 1/2" horsehide & ...

Page 19 of 71 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelineman View Post
    Nice rig. Good job concealing. I would suggest getting a gun belt. I recently got a BeltMan 1 1/2" horsehide & couldn't be happier. Just my $.02

EDITED TO ADD: Nice looking dog too. I grew up with a GSD, sister has one now.
    What is the difference with a gun belt compared to a regular belt? Heavier leather I'm assuming?

Thanks on the doggie. We have a corgie who is the "bark" and he is the GSD is the "bite" (really, he's a stinkin woose but if someone messed with the lady of the house, who knows what he's capeable of).

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    What is the difference with a gun belt compared to a regular belt? Heavier leather I'm assuming?

Thanks on the doggie. We have a corgie who is the "bark" and he is the GSD is the "bite" (really, he's a stinkin woose but if someone messed with the lady of the house, who knows what he's capeable of).
    A gun belt is THICK, which prevents sagging with the added weight of a gun/extra magazine, etc. They take the weight off & hold up your rig much better. My BeltMan is almost 1/4" thick! It is stiff as a board. A cheap alternative is a Wilderness Instructors belt. I have the 5 stitch model, 1 1/2" width.

Quote Originally Posted by bluelineman View Post
    A gun belt is THICK, which prevents sagging with the added weight of a gun/extra magazine, etc. They take the weight off & hold up your rig much better. My BeltMan is almost 1/4" thick! It is stiff as a board. A cheap alternative is a Wilderness Instructors belt. I have the 5 stitch model, 1 1/2" width.

Yup mine is 3/8 thick made a world of difference...I sent mine to Dave at Little Bear and I miss it so....

I got mine here..Circle m saddlery & gun leather\

Once you get one you will know what everyone is talking about..
    Good luck....

Quote Originally Posted by MandM View Post
    Sorry I should have mentioned that with my original post. I use a High Noon, Split Decision. The clip is a little big for my belt. I need to get a better belt that is 1/4 inch bigger.

Thanks

Yes Split Decision, I too have this for my HK USP/c, P2000, and P2000sk. All three can be used for this holster.

I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a tuckable holster.
    SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

Today's Carry Rig...

Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

Here I am (5' 10" @ 240lbs) when I first got my Crossbreed Supertuck, which I love and still wear alot. I also carry my XD SC 40 OWB in a Galco Matrix paddle holster, as well as, a Don Hume leather. I'll post up pix of those later.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Harvdog View Post
    Here I am (5' 10" @ 240lbs) when I first got my Crossbreed Supertuck, which I love and still wear alot. I also carry my XD SC 40 OWB in a Galco Matrix paddle holster, as well as, a Don Hume leather. I'll post up pix of those later.
    You look really relaxed and comfortable with your holster & XD in the picture. Great Job!

WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Hope you'll stick around, lot's of good folks here!

CCO size 1911

Pictures show a Sig Revolution Compact 1911 in a Brommeland MaxCon V from Coal Creek Armory (a very nice holster). The belt is from Comp-Tac, a very thick, very heavy 1-1/2" belt.

The Sig compact is a 4.25" barrel with an Officers length grip, just like the Colt CCO. I like it a lot; the only thing that worries me is the very sharp angle at the top of the backstrap/mainspring housing. The 1911 just seems like it is made to catch your shirt every time you stand up. Overall the rig is thin, stable, and comfortable; perfect in every way except for the sharp edges.

I took the picture with a full-length Wilson mag (with an Officers base plate) to show the difference between the Officers length grip and the full size grip. After trying this, I wonder if the Bobtail isn't a better option for all around CCW. In a holster with a lot of cant, it may stick up higher, but it doesn't project to the rear as much as I thought. The rounded off main spring housing is probably less likely to catch your shirt when you stand up. Carrying the Officers gun with a full length mag seems to actually help this a little.

I read a lot of posts from people that seem to think a Sig is harder to find holsters for because of the Sig slide profile. If my memory is correct, there is no difference in the overall width of the Sig slide vs other 1911 slides. I know I had no trouble using the Sig in four different 1911 holsters.

For Summer carry, the Brommeland holster is reasonably comfortable without a t-shirt under it.
    Attached Images

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    I can only carry on my property and unloaded, but I can have ammo on me, so two mags of JHP ready to go, better than nothing.

Gould and Goodrich IWB with a Norinco 1911 Commander
    A no name belt that is very thick and stiff, cost $5
    Italian made mag holder bought at Shot

I took the picture myself hence the odd angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    I can only carry on my property and unloaded, but I can have ammo on me, so two mags of JHP ready to go, better than nothing.

You're picture turned out really nice and clear! Thanks for sharing.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Normally I let the shirt hang over it, but that would have made a boring picture.

from the pics that i see....you all dont even need a gun....scary enough unarmed!....lol...if i was a perp...the last guy I'd pic on is the garden variety person on this forum....

TDC
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post

What's legal and what you can phsyically do are two different things. Don't let a piece of paper dictate how your operate.

TDC

Pictures of me carrying concealed would not reveal a thing to you.
    Isn't that the point??
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

Quote Originally Posted by SubMOA View Post
    One thing I noticed about these pictures is that most of you carry a folder clipped inside your front pocket. What are the laws in your state regarding concealed knives?

South Carolina forbids concealing a knife with a blade longer than 2 inches. Even my Swiss Army has at least a 3-inch blade, and my tactical folders are 4.

I'm going to have to research the law a little to see if the way I've been carrying (clipped inside front pocket just like everyone else) is legal.

Any thoughts?

I'm in GA but we have discussed this in depth at work and talked to several LEO's about it. According to them you can carry any length, the differance in length comes in to play if you do an illegal activity. Over 3 inches the crime is more strict. And it's not just a crime involving the knife, which kinda confuses me. But we did talk to LEO and not a lawyer, they may say differently.

Links