Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed. - Page 20

Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed.

This is a discussion on Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm getting a new M&P45 tomorrow. I'm planning on getting another Serpa. (I have one for my 1911). I'm also planning on getting an IWB-preferably ...

Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
Like Tree301Likes

Thread: Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed.

I'm getting a new M&P45 tomorrow. I'm planning on getting another Serpa. (I have one for my 1911). I'm also planning on getting an IWB-preferably a supertuck. As soon as I can figure out the digital camera and how to post pics, I'll do so.

Like I said, I use a Serpa for my 1911. I also use an Uncle Mikes pancake, Gunpouch or a Fobus for my Taurus PT145. I use the Gunpouch quite a bit. If I don't use that, then I keep my shirt or jacket over what I am carrying.

Though, there is one thing that I have noticed. In the world of sheeple, most people have no idea that I am carrying. I try very hard to not bend or move too much to print. When I do, I try and keep track of who is around when I do. But like I said, the over-whelming majority of people have no idea, that I am carrying. Watch people the next time that you go to the local Wally-world, EVERYONE is lost in their own little world.
    Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

If guns cause crime, then pens cause illiteracy

Rock Island Armory 1911 compact tactical, Ruger GP 100, Glock 27

Either the Kahr PM9 in pocket (StellarRigs.com kydex) or Ruger SP101 IWB (dmbullardleather.com). However, unlike some folks, I only carry one pistola at a time. Always have the CS folder, too.

- OS

Here's my setup. G19 in a Comp-Tac MTAC with a Wilderness Tactical 5stitch Instructors belt. I usually just wear a t-shirt and it's concealed enough that nobody notices a thing.

cmdrdredd

I think you need to get a side arm to match that tee shirt and you will be golden!.... Just kidding, nothing wrong with a GLOCK!, I just prefer the HK....
    If your not packin' your slackin'

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have, keep it safe but keep it loaded!

USN : Desert Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Prvt. Toter View Post
    cmdrdredd

I think you need to get a side arm to match that tee shirt and you will be golden!.... Just kidding, nothing wrong with a GLOCK!, I just prefer the HK....
    I have an HK45 which I carry in the summer months. I also own a USP in 9mm and had a P30 prior to last thursday when I decided to sell it. I sold it for a couple reasons. First the grip texture was aggressive and tore up my skin and my undershirts if I wore one. Second, I wanted a 1911 which I will have tuesday and selling it funded it partially. Third, the G19 conceals better than the P30 does/did and it's non aggressive grip texture is a world of difference when against skin. Plus I prefer the Glock trigger for the heat of the moment shots (vs DA/SA).

I plan to relegate my HK45 to range use and my go to gun when I'm at home. G19 for carry, and my Dan Wesson CBOB will be my winter month carry gun once I work it out with a few hundred rounds and give it a thorough testing with some SD ammo. Also after I get some quality leather, no kydex for 1911

Anyway I'm happy with my setup, comfortable and very simple to conceal. Some people have a mindset that they need overflowing cover garments and oversized shirts, it's not necessarily the case I've found. Just the right belt, holster, and confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Some people have a mindset that they need overflowing cover garments and oversized shirts, it's not necessarily the case I've found. Just the right belt, holster, and confidence.
    Well said... A vest in summer, an untucked button down shirt, sport coat in a WalMart, all indicators to me that something more may be lurking beneath...
    If your not packin' your slackin'

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have, keep it safe but keep it loaded!

USN : Desert Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Prvt. Toter View Post
    Well said... A vest in summer, an untucked button down shirt, sport coat in a WalMart, all indicators to me that something more may be lurking beneath...
    I've found that people notice nothing. In general people don't look for the gun you're hiding. They take a glance and that's that. If they don't see it at first glance, you don't have anything. I agree with you though, I try to blend in. Look like anyone else. So traditionally just a t-shirt and I'm good. I've seen people adjust their holster, pull up on their belt, pull down on their shirt. That's an indication of something. I do none of the above.

I almost laugh to myself when I notice people, of course I don't say anything.

Raven Concealment Holster

I'm waiting on my Raven Concealment Holster to arrive.
    Glock 27
    CTAC Holster

RIA 1911 5'' .45 in a Bianchi Carrylok, and an extra novak's 8rd mag in a G&G paddle mag holder

U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Removed broken links
    Be polite, be professional, and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
    In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
    Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is one you lose.

How I Carry Concealed

I carry one of two guns - A Taurus Ultra Lite Model 85 .38 Special Snubbie with Crimson Trace Grips or a Kimber Ultra Carry II with Crimson Trace Grips.

Here are a couple of shots of how I carry them.

Firearmfun.blogspot.com
    Attached Images

My Hk45 in a Raven Concealment Phantom holster. OWB and IWB pics provided. Normally I keep it condition 1 for HD(cocked and locked), but I will carry it decocked and locked. I have no issue removing the safety at speed. Unlike a 1911 I have no grip safety to prevent trigger movement.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I got the holster from a member on this site actually, and I got it more because I needed a belt holster than anything else. It was a good price, it was available, it was for my gun, I needed it, so I bought it. I bought the holster more for the holster than for the fact that it has a mag pouch built in.

I was neither here nor there about it until I tried practicing from it and using it.

I was a LITTLE worried that the mag would get in the way when drawing but I was surprised to find that I had no problem at all clearing the magazine when I drew my gun.

Secondly, I was worried that I wouldn't like the mag pouch and wouldn't be able to do quick mag changes... Also (surprisingly) not true.

First, see the direction the magazine is pointed? It's kind of "backwards" but you'll understand why after seeing the pictures...

When I perform a mag change I reach across my body and grip the magazine naturally...

That way, when I pull the magazine from the pouch it is in the perfect position in my hand to be inserted into my gun..

I HAVE put the magazine in the pouch the other way only to almost put the magazine in the gun backwards when performing a mag change while on the move and rapid firing at 10 yards. It was very embarrassing, especially when I ended up dropping the magazine and needlessly fumbling with the gun and the magazine, taking my eyes off of the target.

I am getting the exact same belt holster without the mag pouch, and going to use my spare mag pouch on my weak side at times, but I don't think I'm going to be getting rid of this holster set up for awhile.

I'm actually right on the fence as to deciding whether I like it more than the traditional mag pouch on the weak hand side.

I have found that cover garments can be a problem in drawing like they can be for everyone, but when I'm reaching across my body and into my shirt to retrieve my spare mag instead of reaching back and trying to push back a cover garment, my mag changes are smoother.

I do fine with both and I'm happy with both and that is why I'm on the fence as to which I would choose over the other.

This system is like any other. Once you get used to it, it works fine.

I would like that mag change on the 2 way gun range!
    You do not think the 9mm is effective? Then let me shoot at you.

This worked for me at my job.

Tucker HF1, Para Ordnance Warthog and Comp-tac belt. I also have the Tucker Answer and I'll be using that once I get used to it. I had to bend the front tab connection to the leather backing so it would fit better to my body. I'm not sure I can tuck at work and not have the buldge noticeable, so that's why I carried like this now that I have my lifetime license :)

Sponsored Links