Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed. - Page 25

Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed.

This is a discussion on Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SubMOA One thing I noticed about these pictures is that most of you carry a folder clipped inside your front pocket. What ...

Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
Like Tree301Likes

Thread: Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by SubMOA View Post
    One thing I noticed about these pictures is that most of you carry a folder clipped inside your front pocket. What are the laws in your state regarding concealed knives?

South Carolina forbids concealing a knife with a blade longer than 2 inches. Even my Swiss Army has at least a 3-inch blade, and my tactical folders are 4.

I'm going to have to research the law a little to see if the way I've been carrying (clipped inside front pocket just like everyone else) is legal.

Any thoughts?
    Only applies to carrying knives at schools

SECTION 16-23-430. Carrying weapons on school property.

(1) It shall be unlawful for any person, except State, county or municipal law-enforcement officers or personnel authorized by school officials, to carry on his person, while on any elementary or secondary school property, a knife, with a blade over two inches long, a blackjack, a metal pipe or pole, firearms or any other type of weapon, device or object which may be used to inflict bodily injury or death.

local laws may vary...
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it is called, Present.

But what's the holster?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kennardy View Post
    I carry one of two guns - A Taurus Ultra Lite Model 85 .38 Special Snubbie with Crimson Trace Grips or a Kimber Ultra Carry II with Crimson Trace Grips.

Here are a couple of shots of how I carry them.

Firearmfun.blogspot.com
    What's the holster you have the 1911 in?

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    What is the difference with a gun belt compared to a regular belt? Heavier leather I'm assuming?

Thanks on the doggie. We have a corgie who is the "bark" and he is the GSD is the "bite" (really, he's a stinkin woose but if someone messed with the lady of the house, who knows what he's capeable of).
    Some manufacturers such as The Beltman use two layers of leather and cross the grains. You know how plywood is strong because it's lots of layers? Same idea. Each strip of leather has a natural "grain" to it like that of wood. Attach them and you get great vertical and horizontal stability. Whatever the method employed in the manufacturing process, what you should look for in a gun belt is rigidity. A "normal" belt may very well sag over time under the weight of your handgun. A "gun belt" is made to hold that weight without deforming and still keep your pants from falling down!

If you want to look into the subject, try a search on "gun belt" and you should find many threads about them. I'm looking into The Beltman myself, but there are lots of manufacturers out there to choose from. Happy shopping!

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zsnake View Post
    I just had to post this...ripped it off from another forum.

Is that a rifle in your pants, or are you happy to see me?

Whew, wonder if he has to explain the stiff legged walk.

Kel-Tec in my left pants pocket. Looks like I'm totin a knife. G-23 in Don Hume IWB on my right side.

All rights reserved. All wrongs avenged.

For concealed carry, I've found few holsters that compare to Milt Sparks Versa Max II or Summer Special...

Here are a couple of my favorites...

Smith and Wesson 29-2 Nickel 4" (a gift from my Dad) wearing Craig Spegel Boot Grips, Bowen Lanyard and Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special wearing Ivory Slim-line grips...both live in Milt Sparks VM2's:

S&W 29-2 and 29-5, both 4" with Spegel Boot Grips and Bowen Lanyard Rings...Milt Sparks VM2 and Summer Special

Goose

Desert Eagle

I just had this holster made for me by Rocky at Pure Kustom. Exceptional prouct. My cell phone is printing on my left side. The DE is on my right.
    Attached Images

I have seen a lot of differ styles here. But I'm still not sure which one would be the best for my G22. Wearing a shirt or sweat shirt isn't the problem, it's wearing dress shirts is where I need some help. Any ideas would be helpful.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunred54 View Post
    I have seen a lot of differ styles here. But I'm still not sure which one would be the best for my G22. Wearing a shirt or sweat shirt isn't the problem, it's wearing dress shirts is where I need some help. Any ideas would be helpful.
    Thanks.
    give mark at Crossbreed a try....I routinely wear a tucked in button down shirt with dockers for work. no one is the wiser. the supertuck is extremely comfy and I carry a full size M&P .40 all day. It's been the one for me! You won't find a company with better customer service or that let you try it out for 2 weeks and return it for ANY reason if you don't like it. Good guy, good company, good product....you can't go wrong with it!
    "Come, follow me, " Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17

Quote Originally Posted by pens-66 View Post
    Here is my G26 in a custom leather IWB made by a member over a GlockTalk.. This thing is really comfortable and hugs tight to the body.The holster is inexpensive and the wait time is soooo reasonable! Mike does some awesome work!

Wow, nice rig. I am looking for a IWB for my G26 and am thinking of going with a High Noon Split Decision for now. Who made that one for you?

Nevermind, found the thread over on Glocktalk. Very cool! :)

New holster for G26/27/ is up and running - Glock Talk

No this is not my normal carry method or load out, but considering that I am 5'9" and 155. I can successfully carry all this.

Glock 22 in IWB
    PF-9 in IWB
    and did you notice the 3rd gun P3AT

The first one is without tucking

the other three are various views after tucking.

Oh and the yellow sticker is because I have .40 and a 9mm Glocks so I don't want to mix up mags if in a hurry. Yellow on the .40 and white on the 9mm.

And right after that picture I went on a little trip to the grocery store. No one noticed. It was also actually quite comfortable other than the PF-9 digging in a bit while I drove.

Comp-tac IWB's on a Beltman belt and a kydex pocket holster for the P3AT.
    Attached Images

Apparel

Does anyone not wear jeans, how about when you have to dress in a sport jacket, dress pants or something. Jeans and t-shirt... conceal is comfortable, but how about summer dress up, or having to wear suits, does your holster or carry change.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsite View Post
    Does anyone not wear jeans, how about when you have to dress in a sport jacket, dress pants or something. Jeans and t-shirt... conceal is comfortable, but how about summer dress up, or having to wear suits, does your holster or carry change.
    My dress pants would accomodate the same load out as my jeans (see previous post). What I really do, is just (front) pocket carry my P3AT in dress pants.

This thread is awesome! I've got a whole new list of holsters to research now. Thanks guys!
    --- Learning to reload.

Sponsored Links