Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed.

This is a discussion on Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; tmoore912 great videos! nice job!...

Page 32 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
Like Tree240Likes

Thread: Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed.

tmoore912

great videos! nice job!
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by drlove View Post
    He wanted to use a holster that is for outside the waistband carry for inside the waistband carry...
    I get it. Sorry I skimmed over and didnt read it correctly.

Yep, just testing a theory. Until I get my supertuck this is how I carry IWB when I choose to do so. The only problem is I'm not going to cut into any of my good pants, so IWB is for now only for the old jeans.
    MA2, USN

When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state". Love your country, but never trust its government.
    -- Robert A. Heinlein.

Here is some pics of my CZ PCR in my new K&D Thunderbird Defender and a Beltman Belt. First, you will notice that I need to exercise more. After that you may notice that this thing is quite concealable in my normal work attire. I haven't had a sheep notice yet! I'll try to get some pics up of my XD45C in a MTAC with the velcro clips. It really disappears!

vca2004 and Ped3612 like this.

Here's an ankle holster I bought for my Ruger LCP. I thought I would like to carry like that, but I'm just not sure. Doesn't feel like it will stay where I want it, unless I cut off the circulation to my foot. I haven't carried like this yet, I live in WI and can only OC for the time being. Just thought I'd add the picture as there's not many ankle holster pics.

Logan - NRA Member

Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

Quote Originally Posted by logan View Post
    Here's an ankle holster I bought for my Ruger LCP. I thought I would like to carry like that, but I'm just not sure. Doesn't feel like it will stay where I want it, unless I cut off the circulation to my foot. I haven't carried like this yet, I live in WI and can only OC for the time being. Just thought I'd add the picture as there's not many ankle holster pics.

I would not carry that way as my primary EDC. Try doing a daw on it from stress....Not the optimal way trust me.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay1313g View Post
    Here is some pics of my CZ PCR in my new K&D Thunderbird Defender and a Beltman Belt.... this thing is quite concealable in my normal work attire.

Since you wear dress pants, I assume your belt is 1.25". Is this correct? If so, is it adequate? I've been trying to decide whether I should order a 1.5" belt. I don't wear dress pants very often; even so, I think the 1.5 would be a tight fit even with my jeans, Dockers, etc. (and I pretty sure my dress pants will only accommodate 1.25").

Thanks in advance,
    Last edited by psehorne; October 26th, 2009 at 02:43 AM. Reason: spelling
    Paul
    Springfield XD(M) 9mm, Springfield XD Sub-compact 9mm, Kel Tec PF9
    09/16/2009: USPS Delivered Application
    10/09/2009: Received Pin # in the mail, status 'processing application'
    12/08/2009: Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
    12/14/2009: Plastic in hand

Quote Originally Posted by logan View Post
    Here's an ankle holster I bought for my Ruger LCP. I thought I would like to carry like that, but I'm just not sure. Doesn't feel like it will stay where I want it, unless I cut off the circulation to my foot.
    The Ankle Holder I have came with a support strap. A band of Velcro goes around my leg just above the calf, and the support strap goes from there down to the ankle holster and holds it up (off your ankle bone).

It's a PSP (Personal Security Products) AH035B Ambidexterous Ankle Holster. I got it from Cheaper Than Dirt $22.97 ( I live close enough to visit their store occasionally, but you can purchase from their web site also).
    Last edited by psehorne; October 26th, 2009 at 03:12 AM. Reason: spelling
    Paul
    Springfield XD(M) 9mm, Springfield XD Sub-compact 9mm, Kel Tec PF9
    09/16/2009: USPS Delivered Application
    10/09/2009: Received Pin # in the mail, status 'processing application'
    12/08/2009: Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
    12/14/2009: Plastic in hand

"I would not carry that way as my primary EDC. Try doing a draw on it from stress....Not the optimal way trust me."-jwhite75

A very viable option if one is seated. Either driving, or at a table. Its very doable w/the right trouser leg cut, and w practice. From my own experience, its quicker from seated while in a vehicle as one can just put the pant leg in between the grip and the leg for quick access instead of having to lean forward and fight a seatbelt for a behind the hip gun, or straightening out by leaning back and trying to fit a hand in a pocket for pocket carried gun. While seated at a table, ex dining, one can access the gun not just easily, but w/out letting anyone know what one is doing.
    If one argues that ankle carry does not allow a fast draw, then I concur. However, the majority of people willing to carry a primary or second gun this way know its limitations, and will strive to be aware enough of a potential threat to not get caught in a quickdraw contest.
    Ankle is indeed a most viable option for edc, and most assuredly for a second gun if one's schedule is primarily while seated.

dan

1.25 belt

Quote Originally Posted by psehorne View Post
    Since you wear dress pants, I assume your belt is 1.25". Is this correct? If so, is it adequate? I've been trying to decide whether I should order a 1.5" belt. I don't wear dress pants very often; even so, I think the 1.5 would be a tight fit even with my jeans, Dockers, etc. (and I pretty sure my dress pants will only accommodate 1.25").

Thanks in advance,
    It depends on the belt. I have a 1.25" belt from K&D Holsters that is two layers glued and sewn. It is extremely stiff and works really well.

Here is Part 2 of my concealed carry posts.

This is my XD45C with a MTAC holster, Beltman Belt, and velcro clips.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    I would not carry that way as my primary EDC. Try doing a draw on it from stress....Not the optimal way trust me.
    Just figured an ankle holster might be something I can stand, and that won't bother me while sitting or anything. Just one of the options I'd like to have. Plus can be my BUG if I am carrying my Glock 19.
    Logan - NRA Member

Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

For a BUG it is acceptable, for a primary it is much to difficult to get to with stealth or speed. Do yourself a favor and spend a little money on a decent leather one with some retention. Like the Cadillac of ankle rigs, the Alessi. or the very close replica Galco makes. They are on Ebay all the time called the Ankle Glove.
    "Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed." -Lowell Duckett

Great topic and posts. Very informative and good to see all the different ideas. Now to find a good holster for my Sig 229. I usually carry a colt government 380 locked and cocked with a galco iwb.

I generally carry this Walther PPK .380 in a Tagua Quick Draw belt holster. The belt is a Galco heavy weight black leather gun belt. I showed the setup with my shirt tucked in, but it easily disappears under a t-shirt, which is how I carry. With a sweatshirt or jacket, it's even easier to keep concealed. This setup is also very comfortable in all positions.
    No one ever said it'd be easy.

Links