Defensive Carry banner

Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed.

2M views 2K replies 816 participants last post by  Velocitor 
#1 ·
I've been trying to find pictures of people carrying concealed, but have been having a hard time finding any. I've been trying to decide how to carry my 1911, and would like to see some pictures to learn from. If anyone has the time, could you post a pic of you having your gun concealed(as how normal people would see you outdoors), and then a pic of you revealing your guns location, and how you would draw it. I tried to ask at my CCW class, but they said that they couldn't discuss concealed carry options. Thanks in advance for any pic's,
Nick

#174 ·

#178 ·
VMII with jeans and tucked... The shirt was an xmas gift... looks like it was made from the same material used for my grandfathers old RV Curtains..... :blink:

See my post on page 18 to see the HK USP COMPACT uncovered... It really tucks decent enough, but is a bugger to get just right in a stall.. :scruntiny:

#179 ·
That is a wild shirt! Those cordovans are real lookers, huh? I ordered two having only seen the tan and black VMIIs, and they sure look purty. It's a shame they have to hide all the time...
Have you tried the clips Sparks sells to make the VMII tuck-able? I've wanted to try them, but only one of the pistols I carry would make a tuck-able rig reasonable as the rest are clunky doublestack pistols.

#180 ·

9mm beretta 92D Centurion in a Bianchi IWB holster(that's when i wanna go concealed,gotta say it's more comfortable to drive with on then my uncle mikes paddle)
but...when i wanna open carry.(which is 90% of the time)

#181 ·
HK USPc 9mm in High Noon Mr. Softy (I changed the metal clip to a spare kydex I had lying around)

Can you see?

Wait...let me pull my shirt as tight as possible....how bout now, can you see? (floor plate "tucked")

Floor plate out.

Floor plate "tucked"

#187 ·
I hear ya but, you do get over it pretty fast. I would compare it to the way some are a little nervous about a cocked and locked 1911.

Gun stays in holster while being place in waistband, same when removing...so the trigger is always covered (and we all know that guns don't just go off on their own). Lately I've been getting into the habit of placing my thumb on the hammer too just as an added precaution.

If for some reason I have to holster the gun while I'm wearing the holster, I flick the safety on once holstered I flick it back off.

#186 ·
whamonkey... let's face it, guns are DANGEROUS and should not be handled or carried except by those who can exercise the care and skill required for safety. Sometimes I carry AIWB, other times at 4:30 o'clock and ALWAYS holster with great care.

#188 ·
Easy fella.......I wasn't asking for a safety lesson. You must admit that under stress there is a POSSIBILITY of an unintended discharge. That was one of the big drawbacks to SOB carry, the muzzle sweep across the back of the body.

Carry however you like, I was making a personal comment about a carry method I don't agree with. My intention was not to start a pissing contest.

I also don't see it as the same as cocked and locked, that has nothing to do with muzzle control.

#189 · (Edited)
I am carrying a Tanfoglio Witness .45 compact in these pictures.

Front view:

Back view:

Reaching high and to the right (maximum print possibility on the left side), reaching high and to the left (maximum print possibility on the right side):

Did you spot it?

The reveal (ignore the belly... it is being removed after playing Santa):

And here is the holster I made to accomplish this:

The T-shirt untucked and the jeans are my everyday wear. The shirt is a little smaller than I like, but it would be the worst case scenario.

I noticed that the front snap loop became exposed during one of the reaching pictures... I have snapped a D-ring through the loop and clipped the key carabiner through it. Now the loop looks like a key holder.

Thanks,
Mike

#193 ·
whamonkey... easy, mi amigo, no problemo... no safety lesson intended, merely stating that however you carry, there is risk! Agreed that appendix carry points the muzzle in a place you definitely don't want to be shot... but honestly, if your gun goes off during a draw or reholstering, it's a bad scene. Exercising extreme caution while re-holstering is especially wise! And if you don't wish to carry appendix IWB, no need for you to do so. Some tactical trainers (Gabe Suarez comes to mind most prominently) advocate AIWB carry as the fastest most tactically superior method of carry but, obviously, it's not the only way to carry and it's not for everyone. Carry as you wish and enjoy! Best wishes from Valladolid, Yucatan, Mexico.

#198 ·
Current carry setup is a Ruger SP101 2.25" barrel in .357mag. I've found the D.M. Bullard Dual Carry Concealed holster to be very comfortable.

I'm self employed so "shirt out" is normal for me. If I need to travel lighter for dress I carry a 642-1 in a pocket holster.

rd

#200 ·
Here are a few shots of my Kimber UCII in a Milt Sparks Watch 6, and my HK P7M8 in a Del Fatti ISP-LP. The belt is a Rafter S sharkskin. Note: I'm not lefty, all pictures were taken in my dirty mirror.

See how tight the W6 pulls the gun in to my body? The slimline Alumagrips really aid in concealment as well.

More of the same using the Del Fatti ISP-LP. I've been carrying this more and more lately.

Concealed carry?

#202 ·
Skippy, what's the mag holder? Thanks.

#205 · (Edited)
I just got the Belt Man belt pictured below, and got the Crossbreed a couple of months ago. I've had the S&W .45 for a few years and got the Bianchi tac-light holster early to mid '07.

The first couple of pics are just to show what an amazing piece of structural architecture that Belt Man belt is! Also notice the Velcro sewn into the entire usable length of the belt in the first pic. That's what the Crossbreed is attached to. If it looks like either one of the boxes of Hornady ammo is holding any of the weight up, it's not, it's just a camera-angle illusion.

Anyway, the other pics are of how I carry most days, with the Crossbreed and my RAMI. If you know they're there, you won't have any trouble picking out the Velcro clips. But try imagining yourself as oblivious to how people carry and then see if this isn't the stealthiest way to carry while still having your weapon pretty easily accessible.

**EDITED to add:

Maybe I don't understand the term, "combat grip," but I have no problem at all slipping my thumb between the weapon and the leather to get a full-fisted, firm grip on the gun. How does the backing leather prevent, or even impede, getting a "combat grip?" What am I missing about the terminology? (I'm referring to the rather common complaint about Crossbreed's pattern for the leather backing interfering with attaining a "combat grip," which can be found in most threads where the Crossbreed is mentioned.)

Blues

#206 ·
Great thread! Let's keep it going.

Took my class Sunday, and I'm hoping to get to the sheriff's office tomorrow. So within 45 days I will be carrying my S40 AIWB in the High Noon Hidden Ally.

Sorry for the Fruit of the Looms:gah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.