Defensive Carry banner

Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed.

2M views 2K replies 816 participants last post by  Velocitor 
#1 ·
I've been trying to find pictures of people carrying concealed, but have been having a hard time finding any. I've been trying to decide how to carry my 1911, and would like to see some pictures to learn from. If anyone has the time, could you post a pic of you having your gun concealed(as how normal people would see you outdoors), and then a pic of you revealing your guns location, and how you would draw it. I tried to ask at my CCW class, but they said that they couldn't discuss concealed carry options. Thanks in advance for any pic's,
Nick

#2 ·
Nick - I have a coupla pics from a while ago - I'll see if I can find them, having I think used them before. They are only quick shots with reload bench as background - but do show my vest in use which is regular cover in summer - in winter long shirt.

I'll add here as and when I find the pics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well - these are old too - and the vest was an old worn one ....... but forgot - at same time repeated the deal with my heavy winter type shirt. BTW - not so good belt back then - since replaced ... plus I seem to always have real beat up jeans !!!

I can include too coupla pics from long ago when I had my Bianchi X-15 in use, under a light shirt ........

#4 ·
Sorry, no pics...

but I actually use the X-15 like P95 for my S&W 29. Alot of people have gotten away from this type of rig, but I really like it (especially during hunting season).
For my XD I have a Desantis open-top Speed Scabbard (pancake type) that looks alot like the belt holster in the top photos. I have the Beltman 1 1/2" belt and it holds the rig in tight.

#5 ·
No offense intended, but it doesn't matter what pics we post with our guns and clothes....if you wear loose vests and oversized shirts you can hide just about anything...you need to strap on a 45 and see if your dress will allow you to conceal it...if you don't have a holster for it yet, try it in your pants or between your belt and pants on your hip....if it feels bulky or is hard to conceal..it still will be with any holster you choose....

#14 ·
Maybe he is looking for ways he has not thought of.

You don't always need loose, over sized clothing to hide your weapon.
Case in point She's 5'11 105 and carrying the same thing OldMick is Carrying above:

My wife with a Sig P239

#6 ·
Well, the reason that I asked was to see if oversized cloths were the only way to conceal. I've been trying to see what all kinds of options were available to me for carrying a 1911. Also, when I strap on my concealed holdster, I feel like I have a neon sign above my head stating that I have a gun, and in seeing these pictures, I can see that its not as bad as I think it is. And also, I was looking for different ideas for how to carry, there's always the chance to see something that I hadn't thought of before.
Nick

#798 ·
I've been looking at several IWB paddle type holsters but the ordinary single clip holster is working pretty good. I usually carry a Taurus 40 cal but the 1911 is actually thinner and although bigger, it's easier to hide.

Belt Text Orange Font Buckle

Font

Arm Waist Hand Abdomen Trunk

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Abdomen Arm Belt Joint Trunk

T-shirt White Clothing Shoulder Arm

T-shirt Clothing Top Active shirt Sleeve

#7 ·
Most of the time I wear IWB holsters with untucked polo shirts, seems to do the job nicely. It's nice to have a ppk/p3at or something like that so you can pocket carry and wear whatever you like. I suit the firearm to my clothing,(don't flame me please), not the other way around, just the way I am. I think your body type has alot to do with how you conceal as well, what works for one, may not work for another. I am 5'9" and 170lbs and have no problem concealing a full size 1911 in a IWB @ 2:00, although it is uncomfortable sometimes.

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Under a lightweight, uninsulated canvas jacket in cool weather (shown in pic), or an insulated canvas jacket in cold weather. In warm weather I wear a short-sleeved button-up shirt. I either pull the shirt up with my left hand to draw, or I wear it unbuttoned with a colored t-shirt underneath. Another option I occasionally use is a somewhat loose-fitting t-shirt; this holster conceals well enough that I can wear my G19 completely concealed under a t-shirt.

#15 ·
#16 ·
Sorry, no picks here,

Uhh hem, Chris, where is "THE" picture? enquiring minds want to know. :18:

#19 ·
Uhh hem, Chris, where is "THE" picture? enquiring minds want to know.
Mike - ''it'' is now obsolete - altho some have copies. Exposure of same now will lead to instant retribution :wink: :stups:

#20 ·
Thanks for all the great replies, I'm thinking that I've just been to to worried about the whole neon sign thing to think about normal street clothes. I just need to buy shirts that are a bit longer, so that I can wear them untucked, and have my gun at my rear side. I was thinking that you had to have a vest or jacket or something. I think that I was thinking way to far into it, as long as I'm careful not to let my shirt ride up, I should be ok. But I did like the fleece jacket idea, looked very nice, and easy to conceal. I've tried to have my shirts tucked in, but have been having a hard time concealing a 1911 that way. It always seems to stick out. I'm thinking that I just need to try a few more options.

Also, and about those pictures of your wife, would she care to model any more for the sake of this thread? lol, j/k, she is very beautiful. and thanks again for the pic's,
Nick

#437 ·
I've been browsing through here for an ideal way to carry mine, & I believe this is it: on the backside: like it is pictured above. I sold one of my guns & I'm getting a Ruger 357Magnun. So, I need to look into getting a back holster for my 357MAG. If I do not find what I need, I may have to make one.

#23 ·
Outstanding Lima - you are our heroine :smilez:.

If any slim-line lady here is worried about concealment - well, they better dial in to those pics.! Excellent.

Reactions: mano3
#26 ·
Here's my 5" Mil-spec riding in Gary Brommeland's MaxCon V. The cover shirt is size medium, same as I wore 20 - 30 pounds ago. I'm currently 5'-11" and 190lbs.

I'll soon be switching my primary carry to a Glock 19 in a Brommeland Def Con OWB holster - just picked it up yesterday and it was a sweetheart at the range :banana: (pics coming Monday).

Going to OWB carry I've bought several size large shirts just to add a little length to the cover shirt. The mediums will work fine for normal situations but for reaching top shelves at the store I wanted the extra coverage.
Jack

#27 ·
summer carry style: (right side covers, spare mag, Surefire light& another knife)

Attachments

Reactions: sparkyfender
#29 ·
Doesn't the grip of the gun stick out and print against your clothing if you are doing anything other than standing straight?

My XD9 seems so obvious to me in the mirror but I have worn it around my parents house and they didn't even notice. I even asked my mom "whats different about me" and I stood there and spun around and she said..."did you cut your hair??" Then I showed her and she was shocked--so was I.

I feel like the grip needs to be an inch shorter and it would be perfect right there.

#72 ·
I notice the same thing with my full size M&P9 when I look in the mirror. But I've also had the same experiences as you. I've been to friends' apartments for hours at a time (sitting, standing, etc.) and they are always completely surprised when I tell them I've had my gun all that time.

I think it sticks out to people like us because we are already looking for it and know what to look for. Others, however, seem to be blissfully oblivious...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.