Max Con VI ? Any pics?

Max Con VI ? Any pics?

This is a discussion on Max Con VI ? Any pics? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have seen some posts on MaxCon VI but don't see it listed on Gary's website. Any pictures available or description of differences between the ...

Max Con VI ? Any pics?

I have seen some posts on MaxCon VI but don't see it listed on Gary's website.

Any pictures available or description of differences between the VI and MaxCon V?

Thanks!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I just did a search for you - the only known pic of a VI is no longer being hosted by the server.

They are identical to the V except that there is a leather overlay on the front panel to stiffen it up a bit for one-handed reholstering. Thanks!

I've got one on order for a Nighthawk Talon III. I'll post pictures as soon as it arrives.

I'll do the same, when mine arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland View Post
    I just did a search for you - the only known pic of a VI is no longer being hosted by the server.

They are identical to the V except that there is a leather overlay on the front panel to stiffen it up a bit for one-handed reholstering. Thanks!

1) Is there a service model?
    2) How much?
    3) Is it too late to change my order? ( I don't know which answer I'd prefer... one means my holster is done ... the other is likely to cost me :-))
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

Quote Originally Posted by skvinson View Post
    I've got one on order for a Nighthawk Talon III. I'll post pictures as soon as it arrives.
    One's coming for my USP-C, will post next year...
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Hey plblark,

1) Yes, for firearms we make service grade holsters for.
    2) They are $25.00 more than the V, in either grade.
    3) No it's not too late, just let us know what you would like to do.

FWIW, I can obviously have either one and my hands down favorite is the V. I have one for each of my carry guns. It's thinner and lighter and once you learn how, reholstering is really not a problem. The reason we do not advertise them as being "one handed reholstering" capable is that there is a world of difference between reholstering on a pistol range, and a LEO who is wrestling around with a BG, trying to control him with one hand and reholster with the other so he can get ahold of his handcuffs. That requires a higher level of reholstering performance and we do not want to steer a customer to a poor choice for his/her particular application.

A few highly qualified persons may disagree with this, but here's the philosophy behind the Max-Con V: You may carry a firearm for 20 years without ever drawing it in defense of your life. However, each and every second of that 20 year period comfort will be a major consideration as to whether or not you actually wear a firearm, or just stick it in the glove box because you don't like how it feels. Human beings are oriented toward comfort as a part of their natural make-up. Many folks won't carry a gun continously if it is not comfortable, and then one day...

So, IF you ever do need to draw a firearm in the defense of your life, your biggest concern instantly becomes "Am I going to be alive 30 seconds from now"? If so, you've got all the time you'll need to put your gun away. And if not, you're not going to care...

I've discussed this with a lot of very street smart folks who are also highly experienced. A few believe that one handed reholstering remains a priority, most have agreed with my approach. So, we make holsters to suit both "schools of thought". Either way, we'll be glad to fix you up with the holster that best suits YOU.

I pretty much agree with Gary here. A good draw is most important to me. I prefer to be able to reholster with one hand, but my main goal is to be able to get my weapon out and use it effectively.

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I have the Max Con V & I can reholster my Para LTC w/o a problem. Since I don't carry a SA when working, reholstering while struggling with a BG isn't an issue (At least with my 1911/M-C V set-up, it isn't).

I agree that comfort is far more important. Having said that, my "work" holsters allow me to reholster my gun easily.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

I have two Max Con V's (1911 & G27). I don't have any problems with holstering one handed...
    Tony

trying to post pics, not having much luck.

Got them not exactly straight and a little extra characters but got em anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by country85 View Post
    trying to post pics, not having much luck.

Got them not exactly straight and a little extra characters but got em anyway.

Country85... Thanks for the pictures... How do you like the MaxCon VI?

Do you think it's worth the extra money over the MaxCon V?

One handed reholster is very important to me, but others have said they don't have any probs with the MC V.

Btw... I think the MC VI pics you posted looks like a very nice rig!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

It is the most comfortable holster I have ever owned. I used it on a five hour drive Friday (on vacation now ) and I almost forgot I was wearing it.
    One hand holstering is a snap. Hands down the best holster I have ever owned.
    Gary's work is awesome.

Seeing all of the pics of the MaxCon VI is making me more anxious to receive mine!!!!

Allright, I've vented......I guess you guys can keep posting the pics. I'll suck it up and post mine when I receive it. Hopefully by August.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Links