The most concealed tuckable I have found...

This is a discussion on The most concealed tuckable I have found... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ... Is no holster at all. Believe it or not. I thought I'd post this because I see so many threads on how certain "tuckable" ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The most concealed tuckable I have found...

The most concealed tuckable I have found...

... Is no holster at all. Believe it or not. I thought I'd post this because I see so many threads on how certain "tuckable" holsters don't work so well with bigger guns. I was in a spot today, I just got a new pistol strictly for carry and my brother forgot to overnight me my VMII on Friday. I was heading out and I always wear a shirt and tie at least ("Sunday best") so I was debating whether I should go with an OWB and jacket or "Mexican" with a jacket when I got the idea to try Mexican with the shirt tucked over it. It's kind of tricky to tuck your shirt over your pistol without your belt tightened. I thought it was going to print like mad since I carry only full size, double-stack guns and have never tried this with a shirt this fitted. I keep reading how tuckable holsters don't work so well with doublestacks and larger guns. The TMIWB (tucked Mexican IWB) worked surprisingly well, I spent the whole day driving around, getting into and out of the car and my pops couldn't tell I had it at all.

I was really taken aback how well this method of carry worked, but YMMV depending how tight your shirts are and your build. I'm on the tubby side with some Dunlap (successfully working on that) and I guess blousing the shirt a little helps. I wear Joe Banks dress shirts in "tall", and even the non-tall shirts have a lot of length in the tails, more than Ralph Lauren "Yarmouth" dress shirts. Here are some shots of this method of carry.

So if your tuckable holster isn't working out so well as a tuckable, give this method a try. I know a lot of people don't like this method as the gun is not "secured", but I had no shifting of the pistol even with all the sitting, standing, and kneeling.
    Last edited by Juggernaut; July 1st, 2007 at 10:24 PM.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

2. Remove Ads

If it works for you, great. But it just doesn't seem safe to me.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Quote Originally Posted by czman2006 View Post
    If it works for you, great. But it just doesn't seem safe to me.
    I thought along the same lines until today. Once I was forced into the situation, I found it isn't that bad. Granted I won't be carrying this way very often, it is an option if you've got a situation requiring a tuckable. It works a whole heck of a lot better than blousing out a shirt to cover an untucked IWB. Like I wrote before, YMMV, I was just throwing this out there in case no one had thought of it.
    -Horace

VIP Member
    Trigger isn't covered and seems if you have to draw in a hurry and pull your shirt out, the gun may come out with it.. Looks scarey to me.

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    Get a CTAC, then your holster WILL work as a tuckable.

Ok, maybe I wasn't clear, I don't have any holsters with me. My brother had my VMII, which I would have worn IWB without a tuck. I was just in a tight spot and found this was very concealable. The trigger was very well covered by my waistband and I had the shirt folded up above the trigger guard so it wouldn't get stuck and pull the trigger.
    -Horace

Thanks for the response. The logic works for me but might not work for the judge. I had a boss tell me one time, it's not a problem until it's a problem.

Administrator

Post Keep The Thread On Topic Please

The topic of the thread is holsterless carry with the firearm covered by a shirt.
    The topic of the thread is not to answer questions concerning carrying at a religious gathering in the state of Virginia.
    Please stay on topic to the thread.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

When in a bind, "Mexican Carry" is better than "No Carry". I tried it once, but was too affraid my gun was going to slide down my pants leg to ever do it again. Then again I always carry a compact so maybe a full size stays put better with this.

Clip Draw-safe&secure.

I have carried my Glock 27 this way for a year.
    The big difference in the way I do it is the addition
    of The CLIP DRAW unit attached to the Glock slide.
    This goes over a 11/4 belt and holds it secure.
    As for the trigger being exposed--I use a trigger BLOCK also sold by clip draw. The Trigger Block slides behind the trigger and prevents it from being pulled. The block is easily pushed out with the normal drawing of the gun.FOR ME it is safe, secure and the fastest, most concealed method I have found.
    www.clipdraw.com
    Last edited by Ray Blodgett; July 2nd, 2007 at 01:09 PM. Reason: url
    LIVE FREE OR DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Schwebel View Post
    When in a bind, "Mexican Carry" is better than "No Carry". I tried it once, but was too affraid my gun was going to slide down my pants leg to ever do it again. Then again I always carry a compact so maybe a full size stays put better with this.
    Agreed. My big belly would interfere w/that style-but its better than no gun!
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Thumbs up

No the subject was the most concealed tuckable I have found.......

not holsterless carry with the firearm covered by a shirt.

steve

tuckable holster

Juggernaut have you ever looked at crossbreed holsters? I have one and looking at another. Very comfortable IWB www.crossbreedholsters.com.

Crossbreed

Quote Originally Posted by ghawk249 View Post
    Juggernaut have you ever looked at crossbreed holsters? I have one and looking at another. Very comfortable IWB www.crossbreedholsters.com.
    I LOVE my Crossbreed holster. It stays where you put it and holds my G19 very well.

Jim

This is a very bad idea. Many defensive engagements can be very physical. I would defy anyone to be able to draw without a holster (particularily if it is covered with a tucked in shirt) while someone is beating the living crap out of them. Same goes for the trigger block idea. Fine motor skills go out the window when the adrenalin hits.

I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings here, but this is a great way to blow chunks off of your own body, or lose control of the firearm and have it go skidding across the floor/ground & potentially arm your opponent or hostile bystanders.

Guns are't toys and holsters exist for a reason. I would also suggest some professional level training...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links