Max Con V

This is a discussion on Max Con V within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've decided to get a Max Con V for my Kahr K40. I am debating whether to get the presentation or the service grade. The ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Max Con V

Max Con V

I've decided to get a Max Con V for my Kahr K40. I am debating whether to get the presentation or the service grade. The current lead times are 16-20 weeks for a service grade and 24-30 weeks for a presentation grade. There is also the addition cost involved. What do you guys think, I am inclined to bite the bullet and go with the presentation grade since you only live once. I will get something else to use in the interim. What do you guys think.

Ed
    US Navy Retired Silent Service

The real test of a man is not when he plays the role he wants for himself, but when he plays the role destiny has for him.
    Vaclav Havel

2. Remove Ads

I have a Service Grade and can't imagine it can get any better .. Maybe Jack will post his pics of both of his again

Not the best pic but here is mine

1943 - 2009
    Here's my MaxCon V service grade. Can't beat it, IMO.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I've never seen a presentation grade, in person, but I have a service grade for my Para LW LTC. It's pretty darn nice, I can't imagine what the presentation grade looks/feels like.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I also have a service grade form my XD 45. I love it. Personally, I feel that paying extra, and waiting longer, for a presentation grade, of a CONCEALED holster, is pretty dumb. If no one is going to see it, why go the extra? Now, if you're talking about an OWB holster, and you plan on open carry, that's quite a different situation. But the Max con V isn't going to be seen by anyone other than you.

Go with the presentation if you are considereing it, I would. I figure if your gonna get custom leather why not go all out and get the best available??!! Thats just me though, I know people won't see it but hey, it would still be worth it to have the best leather you can get.

Here's a link to my pic thread on the Service Grade:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ead.php?t=9430

Here's pics comparing the Service Grade and Presentation Grade MCVs http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ead.php?t=9243. Some of the pics are a little blurry but there's some detail pics that show the differences pretty well.

Having both grades for the same gun I can say I'm equally comfortable depending on either one of them for my defensive needs. Yes, there are some fine details that get more attention on the Presentation Grade but it's more aesthetic than functional. Where it really counts - retention, stability and comfort, the Service Grade is every bit as good as the Presentation Grade.

My future orders will likely all be for Service Grades. As much as I like my Presentation Grade, it's the Brommeland stamp on the back that matters most to me.
    Jack

After looking at both I really like the presentation grade but I'm not sure there is that much difference to warrant the extra 8-10 weeks of waiting. The extra $30 makes some difference but not much. I still don't know, I guess I 'll have to mull it over for a while thanks for the input though.

Ed
    Last edited by fsufanaz; July 2nd, 2007 at 05:10 PM. Reason: correct spelling
    US Navy Retired Silent Service

The real test of a man is not when he plays the role he wants for himself, but when he plays the role destiny has for him.
    Vaclav Havel

The extended waiting time for the Presentation Grade is due to the nature of the detailing. Those fine details are all hand boned so it's more labor intensive on Gary's end.

I bought my Presentation Grade before the Service Grade was developed (within the last two years) and I jumped at the chance to try out an early SG model when I found out they were coming. Both models are great holsters but the SG was designed to be more affordable for us average folks, while still providing the same level of performance. It's like deciding whether you want a baked potato or fries with your steak - either way, you're still getting a steak dinner.
    Jack

Order the service grade, there is a chance you might actually recieve it.

Quote Originally Posted by ordy1 View Post
    ALL of my customers receive their orders - even those with poor manners.

As EVERYONE has been made aware, we did have some supply problems and I simply cannot make holsters without leather. Those issues have been resolved, and we are rapidly getting caught up.

If you have a problem with your order, contact me off-screen. I'll be more than happy to refund your money if you do not wish to wait any longer. However, to imply that anyone has been ripped off is insulting and is most certainly NOT a truthful statement.

If you're gonna complain, at least be truthful. Thank you.

Here are several pictures of Brommeland's. The Max Con V is a Presentation Grade. The Def Con is a Service Grade.
    Attached Images
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by ordy1 View Post
    Ordy1,

Are you complaining about the wait, or implying that Gary won't deliver as promised? If the latter, I assure you that you will "recieve" (sic) it. Gary may be behind, (and he has discussed this to everyone else's satisfaction) but I have NEVER heard any intimation that he is less than honest and honorable.
    LegalRaptor
    The freedom to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins
    Oliver Wendell Holmes

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Beautiful gunleather. Whichever you choose.

Either one should be outstanding!
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links