Mika Holsters

Mika Holsters

This is a discussion on Mika Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently purchased a Mika Holster for my NAA Guardian .380, after many praises from members from of this forum. I received it and placed ...

Thread: Mika Holsters

Question Mika Holsters

I recently purchased a Mika Holster for my NAA Guardian .380, after many praises from members from of this forum. I received it and placed my new BUG in it and it is very loose. The gun does not even seem to sit down in it properly. The construction is very well made, I just don't think it fits my gun right. Granted, you do not want high retention given it is a pocket holster, but it just does not seem right. This is my first pocket holster, maybe I am just not used to this carry system. I was really excited to receive this new holster and would like for it to become a part of my EDC routine. Anyone? Suggestions?
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I have one of Robert's holsters for my 642, and one for my PM9. The guns do not fit tightly in either one. If you put the gun in the holster, and hold the grip, the holster will fall off. As you use the holster, it will form, somewhat, to the gun and your leg, but it will never fit tightly. I think if the fit was too snug, you would have trouble getting it out of your pocket. I will admit that while wearing Dockers, with the vertical pocket opening, I would not cross my right leg.

If you are not happy with it give Robert a call or email and he will make it right. When I got my first one from Robert I too was not happy that it was loose. The problem I had with it was the stiffening around the top. Robert offered to remake it without the stiffener. I was much happier this way and in my opinion it fit much better. The second one was no charge and he said to keep it or pass it on to someone else. Give him a call he will make it right.

Ed
    US Navy Retired Silent Service

The real test of a man is not when he plays the role he wants for himself, but when he plays the role destiny has for him.
    Vaclav Havel

That's the way a pocket holster should fit so it doesn't pull out with the gun.Use it for a while, you will see that it is a well thought out design. Chuck.

I was thinking that was a good possibility that I was worrying over nothing i guess I am just use to my primary edc being in an at least slightly boned holster. I will give it some time and see what works out.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    I got one for my642 and use it every day at work. I forget my gun is even there. If you have good deep pockets it sould sit in there snug and the gun will be kinda loose, but that makes for an easy draw. I have an Uncle Mikey's pocket holster too which is fine. but the Mika hides the form of the gun better and is much sturdier. Providing it was made correctly for your gun, keep using it , I think you'll like it..

+1 Call him and he will make it right.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Yes, they do fit loosely, it is not a form fitted holster by any means. But, if not happy, give him a call and he'll make things right for you.

I've bought 4 holsters from him. The customer service is phenomenal...you actually correspond with Robert himself. A pocket holster is supposed to fit loose for an easy draw. That band of soft material on the outside of the holster will keep it in your pocket upon drawing.

I have two Mika IWB holsters that have excellent retention (actually too much initially and they require some breaking in). The waterproof leather he uses is second to none for comfort, and the craftsmanship is A+.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
    - Alexis de Tocqueville - 1835

Do you guys use the square or round bottom Mika?

Ron
    Depends upon what kind of pants I am wearing and the type of gun. For some, such as my S&W 642 revolver, the round bottom works best, but for my Walther P99c, the square. Best to call and talk to Mike. He will steer you in the right direction.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Exclamation +1!

Quote Originally Posted by robere View Post
    I got one for my642 and use it every day at work. I forget my gun is even there. If you have good deep pockets it sould sit in there snug and the gun will be kinda loose, but that makes for an easy draw. I have an Uncle Mikey's pocket holster too which is fine. but the Mika hides the form of the gun better and is much sturdier. Providing it was made correctly for your gun, keep using it , I think you'll like it..
    I too, got one for my 642 and during the hot Miami summers, it's pretty much all I carry. Works great in my 5*11s!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddflap View Post
    I have one of Robert's holsters for my 642, and one for my PM9. The guns do not fit tightly in either one. If you put the gun in the holster, and hold the grip, the holster will fall off. As you use the holster, it will form, somewhat, to the gun and your leg, but it will never fit tightly. I think if the fit was too snug, you would have trouble getting it out of your pocket. I will admit that while wearing Dockers, with the vertical pocket opening, I would not cross my right leg.
    Agreed, I carry my 642 in a Mikas pocket holster. It is loose, but when holstered and in the pocket it really works nicely.

Just use it for awhile and give it a try.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

I'd by both! For the price, you have the option of regular (rounded) or squared (cargo-type) pockets. Nice to have the ability to change out at such a reasonable price.

Links