Shirt stays for use with Tuckable.

This is a discussion on Shirt stays for use with Tuckable. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Theres got to be a few military folks floating around here who use shirt stays as part of their carry package. As some of us ...

Thread: Shirt stays for use with Tuckable.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Shirt stays for use with Tuckable.

Theres got to be a few military folks floating around here who use shirt stays as part of their carry package. As some of us grow taller and some of us grow rounder. Just wanted to see if these are worth it or would cause a possible hinderance on drawing from a tuckable. I used to carry open at work in a VM-II, now we were asked to carry concealed. I love my VM-II but don't want to be constantly swapping tuckable clips with it. Right now i'm currently using a C-Tac Infidel for a S&W M&PC with the tuckable strut, however, I'm using my G26 in the holster because my dad got my M&P for dad day (more like confiscated it), and I was wondering if I used shirt stays may it keep things a little neater If you know what I mean.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    I'd say shirt stays would be a no-no, they are meant to keep the shirt tucked in, what happens when you need to get your gun in a hurry, tucked carry is all ready hard enough to draw from IMHO, shirt stays would hinder it even more by keeping the shirt over the gun when you need it.

If you do decide to go with the stays, get the one's with the stirrups, not the clips, you'll thank me for it.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Yeah thats pretty much what I was wondernig.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I'd say shirt stays would be a no-no, they are meant to keep the shirt tucked in, what happens when you need to get your gun in a hurry, tucked carry is all ready hard enough to draw from IMHO, shirt stays would hinder it even more by keeping the shirt over the gun when you need it.

If you do decide to go with the stays, get the one's with the stirrups, not the clips, you'll thank me for it.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    That's pretty much my take on it, too. It would probably keep it neat, but you're gonna be pulling against that tension to draw. If you have shirt stays, give it a shot. Perhaps putting the one on your strongside rear a little farther back.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

+2

The loop kind are 10x more comfortable - especially if you wear calf length dress socks then you've got it made. But if you try to untuck your shirt, you'll have to take your shoes and pants off first - so not a good idea for a tuckable holster.

Austin

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    +2

The loop kind are 10x more comfortable - especially if you wear calf length dress socks then you've got it made. But if you try to untuck your shirt, you'll have to take your shoes and pants off first - so not a good idea for a tuckable holster.

Austin

Not really, the stirrup kind still have the attachments that hook to the shirt, so you can untuck but, shirt stays are and all ways will be a PITA. I do not miss them one bit.

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    Whatever makes it harder to pull up the shirt is a BIG no-no in my opinion.

Pulling up some shirt fabric out of the pants so it blouses and drapes over your waist achieves three important goals:

1) It gives you less material to pull out from the holster.

2) It gives you more material to grab under stress.

3) The extra drape makes it easier to hide the belt clips and the butt of the gun.

I am a USNA alumni and it took me YEARS to break out of the tightly tucked-in shirt habit ingrained on me there.

Links