Maxpedition Fatboy CCW option...

This is a discussion on Maxpedition Fatboy CCW option... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Nice Bag.. but with all the stuff we ended up lugging around with our kids.. it would be way to small.. something like this: http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...680&t=11082005 ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maxpedition Fatboy CCW option...

Nice Bag.. but with all the stuff we ended up lugging around with our kids.. it would be way to small.. something like this:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...680&t=11082005

would have been about the right size

I think that these bags (and stuff like the 5.11 Tac Vest) only scream 'gun' to us, because we're gun people and know that thats what the products are designed for..to the non-gun people out there, they just look like bad fashion accessories..

2. Remove Ads

Got the Fatboy. Great pack, holds a ton. Comfortable carry and provides great carry/access to Beretta 92FS and PX4.

Well worth the money.

I have both the Fatboy and the Jumbo Versapack. I like them very much. I would like the straps to be a little longer, though. I've carried them on trips in areas where CCW is not allowed (without a gun), and they never seemed to draw attention. This included Park Service land. I use them primarily as shoulder packs when hiking, but sometimes use the Fatboy as a CCW pack.

Out of curiosity, those of you who use the Fatboy for CCW, what else do you include in your pack, other than the gun?
    \"What you\'ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent response where you even close to expressing anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. May God have mercy on your soul.\" My adoring wife, at least once a day.

Quote Originally Posted by sethmark View Post
    I carry. And I do so predominantly because I have a 3 month old infant and a beautiful wife that mean the world to me.
    Ditto on the baby/wife thing.

What model Maxpedition bag is that?
    Best online source for these products? (By best I mean cheapest )
    Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

While both of those look indestructable, they both scream gun to me.

I carry in one of these with the water bladder removed.

has a handy pouch in the front for cellphone and wallet and the pouch could comfortably hold a fullsize 1911.
    To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

While both of those look indestructable, they both scream gun to me.
    You're the first person I've heard say that... and I ask EVERYONE I come across if they can guess what I'm carrying. Kind of a running joke now. But nobody has ever said gun...

It's probably cause of where I tend to be. The EssTac to me looks like an Offduty LEO trunkbag.

The maxpedition less so but if I saw someone around here carrying that it would definitely cause me to take a second glance.
    To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

I have heard lots of folks say the Maxpedition series screams gun, but I think it only screams gun to gun enthusiasts. Most of the public wouldn't give them a second look.

Quote Originally Posted by rwdflynavy View Post
    I have heard lots of folks say the Maxpedition series screams gun, but I think it only screams gun to gun enthusiasts. Most of the public wouldn't give them a second look.
    +1 on that!

To the masses, it's just a purse or a pack of some sort. Nothing more!

My wife has carried her Fatboy for a couple months now... Not one sideways look from anyone that I could notice so far. Even around a few LEO's.

I am only talking about my wife's use of it so I think it is just thought of as a purse.

I have not carried one, but have considered getting one or the jumbo as a carry all for other items when camping or other outdoor activities where I have items like mini-binoc's, water bottle, tools and other bulky items.

Still even if someone "thought" a gun was in there... who's going to come up and ask someone? No one, that's who. All they have is an assumption, nothing more.

If a LEO asks... you have a permit so who cares. If a civilian asks... it's none of their business so who would admit they had a gun in there.

I think a lot of people make too much out of carry items or methods that "scream gun." If the gun is concealed... no one "really" knows.

I would imagine, if they do make the assumption, probably they won't be choosing you as a victim to test their theory.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

They look very cool. Far better than your typical "fanny pack" for off body carry.

Senior Moderator
    I use the Versipak Colossus as a camera bag. Comfortably holds my DSLR, a couple lenses, misc. filters, a water bottle, and a pistol, light and reload.

The Maxpedition bags are very ruggedly built.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Matt... I just saw the Colossus on maxpeditions website... That looks way cool!

Are you MilSpec Monkey? I really liked the review and all the extra pictures.

Pretty much decided on getting it based on "The Monkey's" review!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Moderator
    I am not the MilSpec Monkey, but I liked his reviews as well.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.

Matt... How comfortable is slinging the Colossus around back instead of carrying it on your side? Does it keep wanting to move to the side or will it stay over your butt?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

Senior Moderator
    It stays put pretty well - the back mesh is kind of rubbery and it stays put pretty well.

Matt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links