Maxpedition Fatboy CCW option...

This is a discussion on Maxpedition Fatboy CCW option... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry. And I do so predominantly because I have a 3 month old infant and a beautiful wife that mean the world to me. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maxpedition Fatboy CCW option...

Maxpedition Fatboy CCW option...

I carry. And I do so predominantly because I have a 3 month old infant and a beautiful wife that mean the world to me.

Since my daughter was born, I have retired to be a full time dad. Not a bad gig, by any stretch of the imagination... but it makes carrying conceal a real pain. I'm out with the baby a lot and find that reaching, stretching, bending, feeding, etc... compromises cover WAY too easily.

Needless to say, I had to find a better way to remain armed while accomplishing my daily routine. Mind you, I'm not a paranoid guy. I don't carry in the shower or any of that nonsense! But I have been looking for a better way to be prepared.

Along comes my Liger belt... with a catalog for Maxpedition. Neat stuff and the answer. A diaper bag for a packing dad!

Figured there were a few folks with similar interests that might be interested.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I don't use it very often but I have the Maxpedition Jumbo Fatboy and you're right, they work very well for hauling along a lot of stuff!

The para-military look is definitely a huge step above fanny packs!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I was looking at these as well...just to carry my own crap (no baby yet). But I think I will go with the SafePacker from The Wilderness instead. That way I can attach it to any pack that I want to use. I think the Maxpedition bags look good, but they are "military" looking and might tip your hand that you carry.
    Just my two cents.
    Glad to hear that it works for you though.
    1*
    We race the reaper.

Maxpedition makes nice stuff. I'm currently a full-time daddy as well. My daughter is old enough to where I'm not really required to carry stuff for her, except when she's shopping of course. That said, if we end up having another kid, I'll definitely be using something similar.

What I'd REALLY like is a "tactical man-bag" from EssTac!
    http://www.esstac.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8

B.

Quote Originally Posted by arawn View Post
    What I'd REALLY like is a "tactical man-bag" from EssTac!
    http://www.esstac.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8
    As it requires a login and password, how about sending us a picture? I am interested in the Maxpedition, but it does look military-ish. I would love to see other alternatives. I have seen the safepacker, but am looking at other options as well...
    NRA Member

"...the Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says ‘the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.’” - Ronald Reagan

Sorry, I'll download, host, then repost.

B.

Here we go.

These are made by Stu of EssTac Gear. This particular one is owned by RomeoJoker, a mod from the EssTac forum.

B.

The inside of one more.

Stu makes great stuff. I'm ordering one of his Bush Boars soon, and these bags would make great "tactical diaper-bags"!

B.

Here we go.

These are made by Stu of EssTac Gear. This particular one is owned by RomeoJoker, a mod from the EssTac forum.

B.
    I cruised the site, but could not find this bag...what is it called and where can I find one on the site? Looks like something I could use.
    1*
    We race the reaper.

Contact Stu directly.
    He doesn't have an email up on the rather limited main site at present. My advice would be to join the forum and PM him. His alias is, predictably, "esstac".

I'll keep looking around for an email address.

B.

Do you know the "Model" name of the larger EssTac Bag in the picture?

Btw... SKD Tactical seems to carry a lot of the EssTac products on their website. They have a link on the left hand side for EssTac.

http://www.skdtac.com/index.asp
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

SKD Tactical is the main distributor, so far as I can tell.

Regarding names of those bags, I think they are one-offs. I've seen them called tactical man-bags, but I don't know if there's any official designation. I'm far from an expert on the Esstac gear, just a new and highly interested fan who stumbled onto the stuff while looking for the "right" chest rig/vest.

B.

Here's an ARF.com thread with info and pics on a Multicam bag.
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=10&t=216042

B.

My wife carries in a nice "Coronado Leather" gun purse I got her for Christmas last year and loves it. However, it is a nice, high-end purse and she was wanting something else with a longer shoulder strap for EDC and to save wear and tear on the Coronado purse.

So I showed her Maxpedition's products since I have a few of their stuff and like them. She wanted a "Fatboy" so now she's had it a couple of weeks and absolutely loves it. I got her the black one.

It looks utilitarian, but not necessarily military in the all black version.

We have noticed a lot of women carrying around more and more utilitarian sport type bags these days... so I wouldn't necessarily think having the Maxpedition "screams gun!"

We went to the range today so she could practice her draws and I could shoot the new XD more.

Way too hot, didn't stay long, shot maybe 100 rounds and she shot about 50. Still loving the Big Dot's on the XD
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Here's an ARF.com thread with info and pics on a Multicam bag.
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=10&t=216042

B.

Thanks for the link... I am very impressed with his work!

Stu must be an ex-parachute rigger! They sew and manufacture all that cool stuff.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links