C-TAC "C" clips?

C-TAC "C" clips?

This is a discussion on C-TAC "C" clips? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have any personal experience with these as oppossed to their regular, full clips? The "C" clips look like they have a shelf on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C-TAC "C" clips?

C-TAC "C" clips?

Does anyone have any personal experience with these as oppossed to their regular, full clips? The "C" clips look like they have a shelf on top that rests some of the weight of the holster on the belt and a hook below the belt that stops the holster from pulling up during a draw. They look much less noticeable than the regular clips but my question is: do they support the pistol/holster's weight nicely and does the top part of the clip stay put or slip off the belt? Thanks!

For what its worth... I originally ordered my C-TAC with C clips but didn't feel I was getting the support and stability I wanted. I replaced them with the regular clips soon after I got it and have not regretted that change.
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)

love mine

I had the regular clips and keep breaking them. I love the C clips. won't ever go back to the regular ones.

steve

Replaced ALL of mine

FWIW I thought that the C-clips were the ideal set-up. Ideal until I tried using them. On my CTAC the clips would pop off the belt (Beltman, Galco, Bianchi) then on the draw whatever side came off lifter slightly up. One handed reholstering was a nightmare.

If I was a slimmer guy maybe they would work for me. But with my P239 or P229R or even P2SK the front clip would usually pop.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

They stink. Great in theory. Flawed in practice. Stick with standard, or velcro.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

What about the J-hooks?? Your experience with them?

Unfortunately, the J hooks put all the weight of your pistol on your pants, not your belt. Another good idea in theory, but in application best left to very light carry pieces.

Best bets as mentioned earlier is velcro or regular clips.

Hmmmm..... seems like mostly "NO" votes for them so far... well then - follow up question - if you use the normal clips, how do you conceal those clips in normal every-day wear if you're tucking your shirt (the whole reason why I like the C-TAC is that it's a "tuckable" IWB)? Thanks.

If you want to be that discreet definitely go with the velcro. I mostly go with a cover shirt but withblack clips on a black beltmost people just don't notice or look. Otherwise a well placed cell phone or keys next to the front clip will camoflauge.

I have a C clip on the front, and a standard clip on the back. I carry a G27. My reasoning behind this is simple.

For my weapon, and probably most, the gun always wants to muzzle up, handle down. ( im a righty IWB 4Oclock) on the BACK (grip) portion of my CTAC the rear C clip would end up in a 'gap' between my body and where my belt came back into contact with my waist. I am a skinny guy so the gap between the outside of the weapon and where it actually came back to my waist was where the C clip rode. Since it didn't have my body to back-against, it would slip down below that top flat part of the C-clip. I put a standard clip on the back to support the weapon from falling under my belt line, as with the standard clip it can not go down unless your belt goes down(or the clip breaks). On the front I use the c-clip because it usually is on top of my right side and has a back to back against. (if that makes sense to you)

Why didn't I use the standard clip on the front? Thats hard to answer, I don't really know, but I do know the C-clip will keep the holster in the pants on the draw. SOMETIMES on a quicker draw the standard clip will ride partially up and off the belt on the back, but i have NEVER had it completely come out, holster and all, with the gun. I know that I replaced the back clip that was failing to do what i wanted with another clip that did.

To answer your question, if you want ultimate conceal ability then go with the Velcro V-Clips. I have no personal experience with them , but they seem to be the most concealable.
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

I started out using the regular clips on my C-T.A.C., but I found that the front clip had a tendency to slip off the belt, particularly as I drew. I replaced it with a C-clip and it was a vast improvement. A couple of weeks later, the arm of a chair caught the bottom of the remaining regular clip and snapped it off, so I replaced that one too. I haven't had any problems with them popping off the belt. The only downside that I can see is it's a little harder to get the holster on and off the belt, but that's it.

I highly recommend the C-clips!

C_CLIPS SUCK!

Just kidding, but I tired them and they didn't work with me at all. Use the standard clips or the Velcro ones.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

Sponsor
    I made these hybrid clips and they work great until you have to use a public john. They don't hold when you have drop trau. But you just have to remember to hang on to the holster while divesting and redressing.

They are fairly easy to make and can be sized right to your belt.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    I made these hybrid clips and they work great until you have to use a public john. They don't hold when you have drop trau. But you just have to remember to hang on to the holster while divesting and redressing.

They are fairly easy to make and can be sized right to your belt.
    Yes that works, but not on a Rafter belt (too thick).

You buy the 1.5 C-clip to use on a 1.25 belt.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

I've never used the C-Clips. I use the V-clips regularly for situations where others might use the C-Clip. The V-Clips work VERY well for me. The velcro they send out with it has a VERY strong adhesive and works well. The Beltman and others sell Velcro lined belts too. I'm going to order one ASAP.
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links