CTAC for G19

This is a discussion on CTAC for G19 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've started searching for an IWB holster that will allow me to tuck in my shirt, as it is required where I work. The Comp ...

Thread: CTAC for G19

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

CTAC for G19

I've started searching for an IWB holster that will allow me to tuck in my shirt, as it is required where I work. The Comp Tac CTAC holster looks like it will work, but I'm not sure. I've looked at Smart Carry, but I'd prefer a holster that will attach to my belt. Perhaps one or some of you could help me find a quality IWB holster that fits my needs.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

2. Remove Ads

The C-T.A.C. is a great holster. My Glock 21 gets carried in a C-T.A.C. every day. It does work for tuckable carry, though I don't carry it that way very much (I'm just not big on tucked carry).

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Depends on how where you're carrying it. If it's around or behind the hip, then the C-TAC's probably the best one. If you carry appendix, I'd recommend UBG holster's single clip IWB. Comfortable & with the right gun, VERY concealable with your shirt tucked in.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

I have a C-TAC for a G19. It is comfortable for 16 hour wear for me and my body type.

Wink CTAC with regular clips

The deal with the CTAC is that some guys, me included, have never had good luck with the c-clips. Those c-clips conceal better than the regular clips BUT for me, they don't work. The tops always slip off the belt, usually the front clip. Sometimes it works its way around until the bottom comes off. Then when you draw the holster comes up, just a little, but enough to be a PITA.

I don't like to keep fussing with my gear, constantly checking the clips is not ideal for CC. The regular clips stand out on a non-black belt.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Look at the super tuck Crossbreed holster. I have one and although I do not tuck my shirt in, the holster is capable of that. I LOVE mine and will continue to use it as long as I can. BTW one of the belt clips broke and I called them and they are sending me some out for free!!!
    Hard to beat that deal.

Jim

Links