New holster (For me) for appendix carry.

This is a discussion on New holster (For me) for appendix carry. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For the past year, I've experimented with appendix carry & pretty much use it exclusively for the last 6 months when I carry my Kahr ...

Thread: New holster (For me) for appendix carry.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar

New holster (For me) for appendix carry.

For the past year, I've experimented with appendix carry & pretty much use it exclusively for the last 6 months when I carry my Kahr PM9.

I've sworn by UBG holsters (& I still do), but I notice my holster gets pretty damp with the hot summer we're having in S. Calif. & the one I have is difficult to re-holster (Yes, it's a necessary function for me).

Anyways, I picked up a Fist #8 holster (Interchangable/cantable/tuckable IWB). I bought it off of someone & it came with a kydex loop & kydex split loop. The holster's in his "ultra thin" kydex. It isn't pretty. The fit & finish isn't great, it has 2 pieces of kydex sewn together. But it works VERY well.

It has a sweat shield & is very comfortable, I can't believe it. I've gotten used to carrying appendix, but with this holster I actually forget it's there after awhile.

Of course, the type of gun you carry appendix is important. I can carry my Glock 19 that way, but it's just not going to be as comfortable as the PM9. For me personally, I have found that my 1911 isn't comfortable there (A Para LW LTC), so I carry it comfortabley in a Brommeland Max-Con V.

Anyways, for summer carry, this has worked out great.

By the end of the week, I should be getting my new Kel-Tec P-32 that I traded (Thanks elrey718!), so we'll see how that works out, but I'll probably pocket carry that exclusively.

Has anyone used one of those neck-chain holsters that a few kydex holster companies make? I'm curious how it would work out with such a light gun like the P-32. At less than 7 oz., it might be close to carrying my badge-chain that I used to use. Anyone have any experience with those?

CL01
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

2. Remove Ads

Links