Comp-tec IDPA Legal ?

Comp-tec IDPA Legal ?

This is a discussion on Comp-tec IDPA Legal ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is the Comp-tec Adjustable Cant holster legal for IDPA use? I have the belt attachment on and would like to use it for my first ...

Thread: Comp-tec IDPA Legal ?

Comp-tec IDPA Legal ?

Is the Comp-tec Adjustable Cant holster legal for IDPA use? I have the belt attachment on and would like to use it for my first try at IDPA this next weekend.
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Yes.

VIP Member
    At local matches I would not see a problem as long as it does not have an excessive cant forward. I'd give you hell if that baby was not 100% vertical
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

My IDPA rule book say that "ALL VERSIONS OF THE IWB STYLE HOLSTERS ARE APPROVED FOR IDPA COMPETITION."

Don't blame me for the all caps. That is they way it is written in the book. it also says that it usually carries the handgun with the muzzle rearward (rearward cant).

So I would say that the Comp-Tac is IDPA legal.

It is legal.

D. Must carry the firearm in a neutral (vertical) or muzzle rear cant, but have no adjustable cant backpieces. Holster cant that is adjustable by removing bolts and repositioning the backpiece is allowed. Exception: IWB style holsters do not have to meet this particular criterion.
    You just can't be able to ajust the can't without removig the holster. They don't want the gun spinning around on your belt.
    "When a man attempts to deal with me by force, I answer himóby force.
    "... No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had the right to choose: his own." -John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

VIP Member
    I don't know why this:
    ALL VERSIONS OF THE IWB STYLE HOLSTERS ARE APPROVED FOR IDPA COMPETITION.
    is here. He isn't talking about an IWB holster.

That said, you're good to go for IDPA with that holster.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Thanks, I was worried about the off set of the holster more than anything. The rules really harp about excess offset.

Just so you guys know I am going to take my first stab at a competitive pistol match this next weekend. I know there are others but the IDPA looked like a very down to earth place to start. It looks like my every day carry G19 will fit in the Stock Service Pistol Class and I will not have to spend a ton of cash to compete.

Thanks again,
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by freetrapper View Post
    Thanks, I was worried about the off set of the holster more than anything. The rules really harp about excess offset.

Just so you guys know I am going to take my first stab at a competitive pistol match this next weekend. I know there are others but the IDPA looked like a very down to earth place to start. It looks like my every day carry G19 will fit in the Stock Service Pistol Class and I will not have to spend a ton of cash to compete.

Thanks again,
    It is, at least around here. I have learned a ton from the couple of practices and matches I have participated in. Guys that have been doing it for a while are a fountain of knowledge.
    "When a man attempts to deal with me by force, I answer himóby force.
    "... No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had the right to choose: his own." -John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by freetrapper View Post

Thanks again,

You are going to LOVE it!!! I started shooting IDPA this year as well. I have shot well and I have shot horribly. Don't get discouraged and remember it is just a game. Go out have fun and shoot the breeze with some like minded folks just like you.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Was scheduled to shoot a "Classifier" tomorrow but it was canceled. Seems all the rain we been getting here in Tejas finally flooded the range...

Just my luck...a Saturday off and a classifier scheduled and it gets canceled. Wont see one of them for a number of months.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Sponsored Links