Trying to ID a CCW holster I saw.

This is a discussion on Trying to ID a CCW holster I saw. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is my first post, I just hope someone can help. At a Gun Show a couple of months ago I saw a holster for ...

This is my first post, I just hope someone can help.
    At a Gun Show a couple of months ago I saw a holster for a G26 that fit inside the belt and had a "V" area between the belt and the holster that allowed you to tuck in a dress shirt.
    I must wear dress pants and a dress shirt - tucked in - do not need to wear a jacket or suit coat most of the time, but weapon must be invisable as much as possible. In south florida this time of year the weather does not lead me to the "wrap around" the chest type - I guess I just don't like them - but the holster I saw would be perfect. Can any one help?

Assistant Administrator
    Welcome

Can't help you but with all the knowledge in this place I am sure some guesses or direct hits will come along.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    You might want to go up to the "Forum Help & Extras" link in the blue area at the top of the screen and look at the Mega Holster-Makers Link. Check the various makers and see what kind of tuckable holsters they make. Tuckable can be a touchy subject with some makers so if they don't list any tuckables don't bother asking if they make them. Good luck.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    You might want to go up to the "Forum Help & Extras" link in the blue area at the top of the screen and look at the Mega Holster-Makers Link. Check the various makers and see what kind of tuckable holsters they make. Tuckable can be a touchy subject with some makers so if they don't list any tuckables don't bother asking if they make them. Good luck.
    Thank you for your response. I may be really dumb, but what is wrong with tuckables? Why is it a touchy subject? Am I trying to obtain something I shouldn't for some reason? I don't want to do something wrong. Thank you.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Not a touchy subject for me. Some folks love them, but to me their the easiest holster to spot someone carrying a tuckable and in my opinion harder (slower) to get into action (requires two hands to access fastest). Now I'm by no means an "expert" on concealed carry methods just a guy whos used pretty much every type of rig out there over the past 20 years of daily concealed carry and I do not (cannot on most days) get busted hiding a weapon.

If it works for you, great, but I dont know a single person that I work with that has kept using one of them after a couple months for the before listed reasons.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceRev View Post
    Thank you for your response. I may be really dumb, but what is wrong with tuckables? Why is it a touchy subject? Am I trying to obtain something I shouldn't for some reason? I don't want to do something wrong. Thank you.
    Not touchy to me, I don't care to use them but that's just me. Some holster makers think that they are unsafe because of the reasons listed by fed_wif_a_sig. Personally I don't know enough about them to have an opinion. Maybe one of the holster makers who doesn't like them will respond and give you a fuller explanation.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Tuckables do seem have some downsides to them, as mentioned above. I've not found them to work for me, but they may for you. I prefer my Smart Carry over a tuckable. Nothing showing at belt level (no clip,no loop or pulling on the belt ) No shirt tale to pull out of the way, just reach in and get the gun.

It sounds a little like the Galco Skyops Holster

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterT3.asp...61&CatalogID=7

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    I prefer my Smart Carry over a tuckable.
    Those things are scary 'cause their pointed right at your nuts. > )

I myself love my Crossbreed Supertuck

Quote Originally Posted by unrequited View Post
    Those things are scary 'cause their pointed right at your nuts. > )

I myself love my Crossbreed Supertuck
    Common misconception, the gun does not point at the jewels with a SC.
    Hoplophile

Thank you, all of you for being so kind as to respond to my question. Some of your statements have helped and some have brought up even more questions. I have found a couple that I like on the internet, but they presented some more questions. The DeSantis looks similar to the one I saw but I don’t remember it having a “J” hook that I’m not sure that I like to sound (or looks of). I question wither the “non-Leather” material is a positive or negative thing. I.e. is it cooler in this hot heat, will it protect the weapon as well. It is found at:
    http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._1955_13262723
    The holster called the “closing argument” by High Noon Holsters, which seems to have the best web designer of any site I’ve gone to, brought up some very good questions in my mind that I don’t know how to answer. 1. Horsehide vs. cowhide (any thought out there for THIS type of holster). 2. Open muzzle design – keeping the inside clean is something I had not thought of. (Is it important as they say, how about moisture?) 3. Synthetic reinforced holster opening. (Sounds good, is it important and is the metal really shown to be bad.) 4. Clip that locks onto the belt. (If that is all that shows in this day and age of cell phones – which I also carry – does that really create a problem for the average guy that is not doing undercover work?)(The phone shop said that they could make a phone mount that would /could hook onto the clip and hide it altogether however I’m concerned about the cell phone getting in the way if I need to use the weapon) It’s found at:
    http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod..._argument.html Also is 15 weeks delivery normal – that’s almost 4 months.
    I’m sure that Charlie is a great guy, but the “SmartCarry” just does not seem to fit my needs or lifestyle. I seldom – make that almost never, wear a shirt tail out or loose fitting clothing. I watched their video and it was impressive but I don’t think its for me. Back to the Chev., Ford or Dodge debate.
    Thanks to everyone for their help, I really appreciate the input of fed wif a sig & dr cmg & sass20485 you seem to have some real insite and I respect your willingness to assist a “newbe”.

Welcome to the Forum. I'm not really a fan of tuckables because they simply don't conceal that well. Yes, you can tuck your shirt in over the gun but there's still a lump on the side of your hip and anything more than a casual glance will spot it.

Steve (Fed) has been able to talk a number of us into trying the UCC Shirt holster over the last few months, I expect mine to arrive this coming week. He's got a good video floating around out there that shows all the toys he can conceal in one. Sounds like it might be almost ideal for your situation, provided you can wear colored dress shirts (white shirts let guns show through really badly).
    http://www.undercovercomfort.com/UCCHolsters.html
    Jack

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig View Post
    Now I'm by no means an "expert" on concealed carry methods just a guy whos used pretty much every type of rig out there over the past 20 years of daily concealed carry and I do not (cannot on most days) get busted hiding a weapon.
    Sounds like the definition of "expert" to me....

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Mac View Post
    Id listen to Steve, much experience.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Mac View Post
    Ya' know? I was thinking the same thing.
    Jack

Links