Shoulder Holster

This is a discussion on Shoulder Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Uncle mikes looks liek it might be ticket to try or the cheeper gun mate for about a 40 spot i can get holster rig ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoulder Holster

Uncle mikes looks liek it might be ticket to try or the cheeper gun mate for about a 40 spot i can get holster rig and mag carrier to try out in the gunmate line round 60 for the uncle mikes line wonder the differnce

Also just how does it change over for a lefty there pics on site arent the best thx Bud :usaarmy:
    Last edited by Bud White; May 12th, 2005 at 06:45 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    I carry in Alessi. ~ FANTASTIC HOLSTERS
    Here is his problem though. He is Left Handed.
    Buying a Left Hand Alessi just to try out carrying in a shoulder holster is a bit expensive.
    He is worried that if he does not like carrying in a shoulder holster that he'll not be able to resell a left handed shoulder rig for very much money...if at all.

I suggested the Allessi because it sells for less than many high dollar shoulder rigs, it has a big enough following to resell for 80%+ of it's value if it is not desired and because it is truely great. There are $40 shoulder rigs, but they won't tell you if you would like an Allessi rig. I can tell you that what makes many cheaper holsters cheaper is that somebody didn't address the issues that come with the design like swinging, quickness of draw, ease of reholstering, weight of the gun rotating the holster so it pinches your neck, etc. The Allessi, once adjusted feels very good. . .as you probably know.

I guess, even if I were a lefty, I would want to try an Allessi or a Milt Sparks holster, because they have such a waiting list that unless you got it for a jennings 22, it will be easy to sell for top dollar. The Unckle Mike's will probably be worth $5 at you next garage sale.

Just one man's opinion!

Administrator

Thumbs up Nate's 45

Good Logic ~ A~1 Reply
    I'll go right along with that common sense reply.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

"Also just how does it change over for a lefty there pics on site arent the best"

I believe that all you'd have to do is remove the velcroed-in thumb break and swap sides. I have removed the mag carrier and used them to carry 2 guns at once. (I have 3 or 4 Uncle Mike's shoulder rigs for different guns.)

I just removed the holster from one, reversed the thumb break, and attached it where the mag carrier went on the other holster. I can do the same thing with my leather rig. In fact, I carried 2 guns that way last weekend.

Good luck!

logistar,

Nice to see a fellow Louisvillian on here.

Try a Null Holster. KLNULL. he can make you one for either hand for the same. I got a SMZ for my Ruger and works great.

Galco makes a super nice shoulder holster with 2/mag holder on other side . The holster can be used ambidexterous and carries the gun vertically. It's not exactly cheap but it is sure a classy rig. Same one used a lot by forces in Iraq
    http://www.botac.com/gaveshhosy.html
    Attached Images
    diplomacy ... the art of saying "nice doggie"..while looking for a big rock !!

Assistant Administrator
    In early carry days I used a Bianchi X-15 a lot for my P95 - it also suits my BHP very well. In fact tho not tried it probably the SIG would sit well.

For me it is a winter option primarily and like as not I'll use it again. I am sure they make a left handed version. What I like most is the front break and prefer a vertical anyways. I found draw was super slick. GREAT for when driving BTW - nothing much to beat it.

I may have an old pic somewhere - hang on -

OK here ya go - very old pic and not like my normal stuff but this is the rig. I actually bought another used to take a slightly smaller piece tho not used it much (yeah - the ''holster box'' , right!).

I like the elastic back strap as against an ''X'' cross over but - downside is, the strap elastic where it goes over high near neck, tends to ride up a bit too much. Otherwise - very comfortable rig. Oh and - it has a good lower loop with popper to go round belt, so when bending over there is no embarrasment LOL!

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    Fobus offers a shoulder holster system that works with their roto holsters I believe.

https://secure.fobusholster.com/cata...x.php?cPath=27

The same roto holster would work with their tactical thigh rig and vehicle mount as well as the vehicle mount. If you decide you don't like the shoulder harness you could sell it use the holsters for other applications.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links