Shoulder Holster

Shoulder Holster

This is a discussion on Shoulder Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thinking of trying out a shoulder holster any reccomendationsdont want to go super expensive in case i dont care for it as selling left handed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoulder Holster

Shoulder Holster

Thinking of trying out a shoulder holster any reccomendationsdont want to go super expensive in case i dont care for it as selling left handed stuff can be a pain ...

So i guess where can i get a decent shoulder holster for a decent price .. to try out ... thinking for my hk usp 45 or 1911 ... even anaconda if i could find one

Any left handed shoulder holster is going to CO$T. I personally LOVE my two Sam Andrews rigs. http://www.AndrewsLeather.com I have a full Monarch rig for my 1911, including the attached Blade. I also have the stripped down horizontal model and it works extremely well on my Glock M27. A shoulder holster is an ideal way to distribute the weight of a service sized gun like a 1911 over long periods of activity. It's also ideal for trips (like the one I'm taking to Texas in June). It is not condusive to the fast draw, however. It is more difficult to conceal in hot or VERY hot weather, and generally doesn't do well with the "photographer's vest" mode of concealment. You basically need a BIG "Hawaiian" style shirt or a real jacket. A vertical model that houses a M29 44 should also have a snap strap for belt attachment. A shoulder holster like Sam's "Monarch" rig is an ideal way to keep a double reload in offset (opposite) mag holders.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; NRA Endowment Life; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Administrator

Bud

I am going to hafta do some searching for you. I THINK a few holster makers sell a Right & Left Hand shoulder holster. AKA reversible.
    That would solve your resale value problem if you didn't like it.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Thank QK ive search for some stuff right now im looking 130+ for one i would like to find one probley doesnt exist that i could pick up anquick change holster say from Hk to 1911 to something else.

Finding one for a Hk have not been a joy Fist makes rigs to cover the 2 main guns i want but again i just wonder if you could get the holster part and not have to buy whole rig...

What a pain wish i would be happy carrying one gun

Administrator

Bianchi

You might want to try something cheaper if you are not sure you are going to like shoulder carry. I honestly love shoulder holster carry. Some folks don't like it. You might just want to try one in synthetic before you spring for big bucks on a Lefty Leather rig. Something like this.....There ARE some other ones out there. I'll keep looking.
    Bianchi 4625 Tuxedo® II Shoulder Holster System
    The Bianchi Tuxedo® horizontal shoulder holster system is lightweight and comfortable enough to wear all day. Its sleek appearance offers lightning-fast access, is ambidextrous and swiftly adjustable to fit most torsos. Bianchi's single side version, the model 4625, is a lightweight option and comes with holster, harness and single tie-down.
    The 4620 rig comes complete with holster, X-harness, two tie-down straps and a double mag pouch or speed loader panel. Bianchi's trilaminate construction provides padded protection of the firearm. Right about $45.00

Thats something to look at your right i dont want to blow big cash till i figure it out

My first shouldr rig was a tuxedo. I wore it practically every day for ten years until it finally fell apart. It could be back at work if I could get someone to sew the strap on my mag pouch..

As sweaty and lumpy as I am, to have such a rig last ten years is a great achievement.

Now I have a Galco Miami Classic. Can't you get switch some stuff around and make that one into a lefty?

Let me see if i got this right ... I can go with a tuxedo II and if i like it i could get the x harness from the tuxedo and mag holders sort as a up grade right ... or would i be better off springing for the 91$ full rig since there ambi ..? I hate to many choices ...

And sicne its winter 9 months of the year here i can use it a lot i think

Administrator

Shoulder Holsters

Maybe some other folks could "chime in" on this one THOUGH there are not too many people on CombatCarry that use a shoulder holster. Very Few here.
    Some makers like Safariland used to make these holsters that could be worn On The Belt as well as with a shoulder harness. They were like "double Duty" rigs.
    I have no idea if any are still being made that way.
    You MIGHT be able to pick up a LEFTY shoulder rig cheap on Ebay because they are much less popular.
    SADLY any high quality leather rig...(right or left) is going to cost you decent bucks!
    Same amount of work and material to make a Left as a Right.
    I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction since I really don't know what is being made these days and...I know hardly anything about the synthertic (non leather) rigs.
    I have not really shopped around for any new makers in quite a while.

Administrator

Sometimes

Sometimes I carry "light" with my GLOCK 36 in a single strap rig & just put an extra mag in my pocket.
    Really thinking about it now...I would probably go with something like the Tux II ambi & then you could always sell it for half what you paid & that would bring your actual cost down to only $50.00 if you didn't like it.

I'm still going to look some more for you in the morning. I LOVE searching the web.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    Sometimes I carry "light" with my GLOCK 36 in a single strap rig & just put an extra mag in my pocket.
    Really thinking about it now...I would probably go with something like the Tux II ambi & then you could always sell it for half what you paid & that would bring your actual cost down to only $50.00 if you didn't like it.

I'm still going to look some more for you in the morning. I LOVE searching the web.
    I'm tellin' you guys, go check out Sam Andrews and both his MONARCH and SOLO shoulder rigs! http://www.andrewsleather.com
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; NRA Endowment Life; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

If you are trying to save money and you are not sure you'd like a shoulder holster... here is a suggestion....

I bought an Uncle Mike's shoulder rig. It was fairly inexpensive. After I decided I REALLY liked that method of carry I bought a leather harness (only) from DeSantis. I removed the holster and mag carrier from the Uncle Mike's rig and put it on the new DeSantis harness. It cost less that the entire thing in leather from DeSantis and I prefer the gun be in nylon anyway.

The Uncle Mike's holster and magazine carrier fit the DeSantis harness perfectly.

FWIW

Allessi. I can't reccoment this rig enough. It carries well without tiedowns. I can hide a full size 1911 under a light button down shirt untucked and still draw well.

Administrator

Nate's 45

I carry in Alessi. ~ FANTASTIC HOLSTERS
    Here is his problem though. He is Left Handed.
    Buying a Left Hand Alessi just to try out carrying in a shoulder holster is a bit expensive.
    He is worried that if he does not like carrying in a shoulder holster that he'll not be able to resell a left handed shoulder rig for very much money...if at all.

"He is worried that if he does not like carrying in a shoulder holster that he'll not be able to resell a left handed shoulder rig for very much money...if at all."

That's why I suggested an "inexpensive" Uncle Mike's (or the equivalent). I don't mind paying $200 on a quality rig that I use a LOT but I didn't want to pay that much only to find out I didn't like it.

I tolerated the Uncle Mike's shoulder rig quite well (lightweight 9mm) but the leather does make things a bit more comfortable.

(The Uncle Mike's is ambidextrous BTW.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links